Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

When Guns N' Roses talked about ''living on biscuits and gravy'' in their club days, I honestly thought - before discovering that in America a 'biscuit' is something different - that they lived off this,

(I've used Custard Creams in my example.)

article-2163095-0AC12FA9000005DC-676_468

With a jug of beef gravy poured over,

gravy_in_jug.jpg

Did it make you gag back then?

5 hours ago, cheesecake said:

And silly me only knew last year, that scones is pronounced like 'spawn' instead of like 'stones'. Amirite?

it seems to depend on what class you are, if you're a working class peasant then it's 'stones'. If you're a middle class ten bob millionaire type then it's 'spawn'. The proper posh people just go to Claridges :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

This thread is becoming very annoying to read

It seems to occur every half dozen pages or so..

In actual social media discussion, I see Meegan commented on her daughter's IG post that indeed it was taken at Abbey Rd made famous by the Beatles. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

When Guns N' Roses talked about ''living on biscuits and gravy'' in their club days, I honestly thought - before discovering that in America a 'biscuit' is something different - that they lived off this,

(I've used Custard Creams in my example.)

article-2163095-0AC12FA9000005DC-676_468

With a jug of beef gravy poured over,

gravy_in_jug.jpg

This is brilliant! Custard creams and beef gravy, life on the streets in LA.... 

It reminds me of when I was little; my dad was eating a Cornish pasty so I asked him what was in it (back then in the 80s it would have been some meat gunk from the Pork Farms factory) and he told me it was cat food. From the age of about 4, I thought that people ate cat food filled pasties. What a fucker.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

so what are biscuits n gravy??

oh God I grew up on biscuits and gravy! biscuits are a kind of quick bread made with flour,salt, baking powder and milk, mixed together and usually cut into rounds then baked til golden brown, and they are savory not sweet. in my family we ate them with a sausage cream gravy where you take the some of the drippings from the cooked sausage throw some flour in and heat it til it makes a roux ,some take it to a darker brown we always did ours just to a peanut butter color, then you stir in milk or cream let it simmer til thick enough for your taste. then you split the biscuits and pour the gravy over them. that was breakfast for me many times growing up. I can do it now just like my mom and grandma I never measure anything, I just throw the flour in the drippings til it looks like the right amount and do the same with the milk or cream til it becomes thick enough for my liking. oh and you have to have a lot of pepper and some salt in the  gravy or it's too bland! :) 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh God I grew up on biscuits and gravy! biscuits are a kind of quick bread made with flour,salt, baking powder and milk, mixed together and usually cut into rounds then baked til golden brown, and they are savory not sweet. in my family we ate them with a sausage cream gravy where you take the some of the drippings from the cooked sausage throw some flour in and heat it til it makes a roux ,some take it to a darker brown we always did ours just to a peanut butter color, then you stir in milk or cream let it simmer til thick enough for your taste. then you split the biscuits and pour the gravy over them. that was breakfast for me many times growing up. I can do it now just like my mom and grandma I never measure anything, I just throw the flour in the drippings til it looks like the right amount and do the same with the milk or cream til it becomes thick enough for my liking. oh and you have to have a lot of pepper and some salt in the  gravy or it's too bland! :) 

Dunno how i feel about that for breakfast.

I'll stick with tea and toast:lol:

• Like 2