Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

9 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Such a nice guy.. Really like Tommy.

I never liked him and he came across as a very cold person, telling from my personal experience, but its cool he went there as a normal person/fan just to enjoy the show. Im sure he had a great time. 

1 hour ago, Asia said:

I think it's extremely naive to believe that Dj Ashba was actually asked to stay. It makes me laugh really hard every time I read that.

Well you hate ashba so yeah, no matter what ashba does its gonna make you groan and fair enough, but I never said he was asked to stay. I said he was never fired and I couldn't imagine axl firing the guy because axl doesn't fire band members. Of course ashba says axl wanted him to be a part of it but cmon.. It's naive to think they fired anybody from this band. People left. It's what happened, some just want to justify otherwise. They replaced Chris pitman, had they not decided on two keyboard players the other side would have an argument. Axl could have fired fortus and Frank and by a lot of people's logic slash and duff could have outvoted axl, but that didn't happen. Why...?

Edited by Billsfan

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well you hate ashba so yeah, no matter what ashba does its gonna make you groan and fair enough, but I never said he was asked to stay. I said he was never fired and I couldn't imagine axl firing the guy because axl doesn't fire band members. Of course ashba says axl wanted him to be a part of it but cmon.. It's naive to think they fired anybody from this band. People left

Really?  Pittman seems to have been fired.  So I think it's naive to think anyone did NOT get fired.

• Like 1

Just now, tsinindy said:

Really?  Pittman seems to have been fired.  So I think it's naive to think anyone did NOT get fired.

Pitman posted his drunk rant insulting fans and mygnr completely unprovoked and as random as it could get. Especially arguing the "cash grab forget those who have actually been in the band for 18 years".. Many around here have argued that pitman is conceided and thinks he's bigger than it is. I say he didn't get the raise he thought he was owed because of his longevity in GNR and the fact they're playing bigger venues, so he walked out. Some want to believe slash and duff beat the snot out of him because they hate pitman but it just seems more likey his ego got the best of him, which is pathetic on its own because the GNR gig would still be better than anything else.

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Pitman posted his drunk rant insulting fans and mygnr completely unprovoked and as random as it could get. Especially arguing the "cash grab forget those who have actually been in the band for 18 years".. Many around here have argued that pitman is conceided and thinks he's bigger than it is. I say he didn't get the raise he thought he was owed because of his longevity in GNR and the fact they're playing bigger venues, so he walked out. Some want to believe slash and duff beat the snot out of him because they hate pitman but it just seems more likey his ego got the best of him, which is pathetic on its own because the GNR gig would still be better than anything else.

lol..incredible.  Have a good day.  By the way, it's conceited for the record.  But your theories are wildly entertaining to say the least :)

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

lol..incredible.  Have a good day.  By the way, it's conceited for the record.  But your theories are wildly entertaining to say the least :)

Well you have absolutely nothing concrete to argue it. What I just posted is possible, pitman said himself he quit. So thanks for contributing :lol:

5 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well you have absolutely nothing concrete to argue it. What I just posted is possible, pitman said himself he quit. So thanks for contributing :lol:

I think the facts fairly speak for themselves, and lead one to an obvious conclusion.  I never claimed to know what happened with Pittman, but again, you've come up with some elaborately wacky and hackneyed theory to explain your lapse of judgement in word choice...either that or you're just a conspiracy theorist, which is cool.  But those theories are usually just that...theories that often end being disproven.  I've been on that side of it and have no problem admitting I'm wrong (see The Twizzy Incident).  But you've came up with a rather nice way once again to try and explain your way out of a mis-statement while failing to just concede your word choice was poor and you speak in absolutes without knowing the actual facts..  So, you may be right about Pittman, as I said at the very least its wildly entertaining.

Edited by tsinindy

29 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I never liked him and he came across as a very cold person, telling from my personal experience, but its cool he went there as a normal person/fan just to enjoy the show. Im sure he had a great time. 

A lot of people didn't like him (it's part of the Nu GNR after all...) but he was there for Axl from the beggining. A person he could rely on all those years.

Tommy on the other hand was conscious about his place in the band and what he had to do. I really respected that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nikosgnr said:

A lot of people didn't like him (it's part of the Nu GNR after all...) but he was there for Axl from the beggining. A person he could rely on all those years.

Tommy on the other hand was conscious about his place in the band and what he had to do. I really respected that.

I won't go down that road, but all I will say is that Im very happy that Axl is back with Duff and the presence which Duff has on stage is of a true rockstar. 

An appeal to all GnR members past and present one of you needs to blow the gagging order or what ever it is that's stopping anybody from talking. I'm getting tired of reading through pages of speculation a little bit of integrity please!

I always thought some of these Guy''s had balls, obviously not if it hurts their pockets! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I will say is that Im very happy that Axl is back with Duff and the presence which Duff has on stage is of a true rockstar. 

Wow. Strange thing.. SO AM I.

Edited by nikosgnr

38 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Tommy is reputed to be a drunken douchebag who bullied Buckethead and Bumblefoot

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Asia said:

I think it's extremely naive to believe that Dj Ashba was actually asked to stay. It makes me laugh really hard every time I read that.

Yeah, me too. I never liked DJ.  And it's sad that Bumblefoot had to left the band. He and Slash would have been a killer guitar duo (with Fortus as third guitarist).

4 hours ago, Archtop said:

An appeal to all GnR members past and present one of you needs to blow the gagging order or what ever it is that's stopping anybody from talking. I'm getting tired of reading through pages of speculation a little bit of integrity please!

I always thought some of these Guy''s had balls, obviously not if it hurts their pockets! 

Thats really a shame. The fact that no one is talking must be part of a gag order. I mean...come on...gnr had so many members and no one had the interest in talking about the weird and bad shit (aka Axl's world)? Duff and Slash are staying calm for the money as well, but I also believe that they are doing the whole reunion and staying calm thing for the fans as well. One bad word out of their mouth and Axl could fire them...i think that way cause Axl mentioned slash's false stories at the China Exchange, which let me think that there are still some things between them...

In relation to social media, Frank has been posting from Chicago on instagram with Nate Arling who is in a Chicago based band THE LAST VEGAS. Very awesome band. They opened for GNR when they played the house of Blues in Atlantic city NJ in 2012. Been following them since 2008 so it was a great concert. Just wanted to share another cool band with eveyone.

12 minutes ago, downliner said:

Getting a bit sick of this cash grabbing bastard releasing more free music :lol:

Like the song very much, love Rick Richards, already loved him in Georgia Satellites, very rock n roll guitar player, perfect for Izzys songwriting style. Dont like the obvious connection of the song to GNR though. Damn you fortus

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Here's the fun part. Trying to decipher Izzys midwestern drawl :lol: I'm getting older and my hearing ain't what it used to be...

1, 2, 1, 2, 3
Making fighter pilot money
Just a band of gold?
The feelings usual?

And I'm taking the long way home today
I really got no words either way

Broken Knees?
Shaking hips?
Open fields
Open plains

Just a band of gold?
[...] usual?

And I'm taking the long way home today
Really in no hurry either way

Open fields
Open plains
Open gates
Open lanes
Open skies
Open space
Open ....?
Open place
?

Just a band of gold
The story goes

Still sweet thoughts // Still sweet with flaws?
The way all along?

Fighter pilot money
Fighter pilot money
Fighter pilot money
Fighter pilot money

I'm sure the "Big 3" fangirls will be along soon to say how shit the lyrics are, but in the meantime I still think the tune rocks, it just has a RNR groove.