Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I agree it could be to look good, but I don't know any of them personally well enough to give an actual valid opinion and in the absence of that why not just assume the deeds are done for the right reasons as opposed to "look good".

with that said I'm not a fan of U2 or Coldplay either and actually despise them as far as their music goes, but that doesn't mean they may not be good people trying to do good things to make the world a better place does it?

Let's assume the worst and agree they are doing it just to "look good".... Who cares anyway, right?

There's got to be somebody out there saying these things, sending a message that is good. For whatever reasons they do it, the message is still good: accept other people the way they are and don't fucking kill them!

All these musicians, artists and politicians have that power in a microphone so they better do something good with their power and deliver some goodness for the masses.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

This is all related to GnR social media though, so it's not unhinged.  

GNR Orlando tribute video > "GNR is politically correct" > What is  'Politically Correct' > *something happens* > Argument - is U2/Coldplay politically incorrect?

If that is not the process of unhinging, idk what is.

Edited by Un42nutzly

2 minutes ago, Un42nutzly said:

GNR Orlando tribute video > "GNR is politically correct" > What is  'Politically Correct' > *something happens* > Argument - is U2/Coldplay politically incorrect?

If that is not the process of unhinging, idk what is.

Because you aren't following along...this whole discussion is about something posted on GnRs social media....now I'd agree the U2/Coldplay stuff is a bit off topic, but in general the whole discussion revolves around something posted on GnRs social media.  Isn't this thread entitled "GnR social media update discussion".  If the intent of the thread is to just post the updates then the word discussion should be removed right? And the words "updates only, no discussion" be put in its place?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Because you aren't following along...this whole discussion is about something posted on GnRs social media....now I'd agree the U2/Coldplay stuff is a bit off topic, but in general the whole discussion revolves around something posted on GnRs social media.  Isn't this thread entitled "GnR social media update discussion".  If the intent of the thread is to just post the updates then the word discussion should be removed right? And the words "updates only, no discussion" be put in its place?

True.

would be a very boring thread without any discussion...

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

:lol: hey, I enjoy this thread just as anyone else but I had to enter my two cents in regards to the constant unhinging and mods nipping it in the bud. 

I was actually looking forward (and figuratively got the popcorn ready) for a heated argument between you and DieselDaisy. Both of you are combative and somewhat stubborn lol

2 minutes ago, Un42nutzly said:

:lol: hey, I enjoy this thread just as anyone else but I had to enter my two cents in regards to the constant unhinging and mods nipping it in the bud. 

I was actually looking forward (and figuratively got the popcorn ready) for a heated argument between you and DieselDaisy. Both of you are combative and somewhat stubborn lol

What stubborn?  Me?  Hehe!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

...faster than a 'Neil Young'' mention by yours truly.

Did someone say Neil Young? :P

I know it's difficult to know where to draw the line in discussion stemming from social media posts. I guess a rule of thumb would be when the conversation becomes totally about another band/s it's time to rein it in.

Not surprised to see the Pink Slips opening, I wondered when they would make appearance - I was half expecting LA but Seattle makes sense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tsinindy said:

35 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Did someone say Neil Young? :P

I know it's difficult to know where to draw the line in discussion stemming from social media posts. I guess a rule of thumb would be when the conversation becomes totally about another band/s it's time to rein it in.

Not surprised to see the Pink Slips opening, I wondered when they would make appearance - I was half expecting LA but Seattle makes sense.

Exactly. We just try to keep it to discussions that stem from GN'R Social Media posts is all. Of course it's all subjective, but the above discussion seemed to be connected directly to that IMO.

• Like 2

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather see some good rock band being given a chance and not necessarily one that is there only because the singer is Duff's daughter. But fortunately it's far away from me so I don't need to care.