Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Slash wishes almost everyone happy birthday

MEMO TO SLASH:

My birthday is September 22nd.

So when you are wishing a Happy Birthday to Joan Jett, toss my name in there too please!

;)

Edited by KURT19
  • Like 2

Once again... this is GNR social media thread. I've removed all posts linking and discussing to the twitter spat between people who are NOT in GNR. There is some discussion of this in The Women's Thread or a separate thread can be opened in Civil War for those that want it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

@alfierose

Can We post some update pic from fanpage or Someone socmed since sometimes They didnt/never post updated photos on Their own socmed

Like Slash

No because the lines will be too blurry about what can and cannot be posted. We are trying to keep this thread on track for those that want direct GNR updates.

I think a thread in Use your Illusion might be a good place for such photos (I believe there is a Slash one) or the GNR Tour Photo Thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

What happened to my Eddie Trunk post? Is that not relevant to Guns N Roses social media discussion?

No, this is literally for Guns N Roses social media only (or at least it is supposed to be).  Eddie Trunk isn' t a member of GnR last time I checked.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Ah I see. Well that removes the discussion portion imo. 

This thread will be a graveyard at the rate Guns N Roses members update us on anything new haha 

its a shame bc I enjoyed seeing post from fans with pics of the band, or how we found out Axl was in Atlanta that time, or people's reaction to something gnr related, people close to the band have made some revealing post in the past. I always thought this thread was a cool place to see all that stuff but I guess we can hide behind the screen door of gnr and only see what they want us to. 

Sorry to those who felt like pointless discussion was getting in their way of seeing gnr members actual post, but imo it was a hell of a lot easier to see what Axl posted recently than to find Slash's brother trashing the reunion and Axl. I always liked the investigative side of this thread. The stuff you guys were finding was amazing! 

Oh well, carry on. 

First off...you can start a new thread about whatever it is you posted and second....I should have clarified it is for discussion about Guns N Roses social media updates.  So, again Eddie Trunk isn't a member of GnR, thus any discussion about something he posted isn't relevant to this thread, start a new one about whatever it is he said.  Now, I'm not an admin, but that is my understanding of what this particular thread is for and trust me I've gone way more off topic than you so I'm not scolding you, just saying :)

1 hour ago, cpaxlvacy said:

Sarcasm? Why? we have the South America tour in a few months, i'm going to the one in Costa Rica!!!

Kidding, it's just funny to see Axl post something like that. I don't imagine him saying that. But my post was just meant to be funny. It adds a different perspective if you read his tweet to be sarcastic haha 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

In my opinion they should broaden the social media to include stuff beyond the confines of what specific gnr members are posting. If you confine yourself to solely gnr tweets, there is nothing of interest to discuss whatsoever: ''yes, I see Slash has had a ''kick ass'' time at concert number five and has resumed masturbating to skeletons''; ''oh, and I see Melissa has found somebody who likes her hair?'' - it is never going to get any more interesting than that, face it?

Out of likes but I agree wholeheartedly!

I agree that if the social media features a GnR member/about GnR, this would be the place for it. I know I posted an IG post of Su's that had a BTS pic of Duff in NOLA and it was deleted. I know it wasn't THAT interesting but some (like myself) want to see those pictures. And starting a whole new thread solely about a picture that contains Duff didn't seem the way to go. :shrugs:

• Like 1