Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Isn't the best solution to just start a new thread that is for social media posts about GnR and keep this one for the by GnR stuff?...that way there is a differentiation between official posts and everything else.

They'd get intermingled easily and it will get very confusing. There's going to be discussions about who actually counts as GNR (are Del, Fernando etc. included?) and what posts are directly related to the members. For example, let's say Gibson posts a video with Slash in it - which thread would that go to? Imo relevant social media discussion about GNR should be kept here, but I guess not everyone feels that way. :shrugs:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nonok said:

They'd get intermingled easily and it will get very confusing. There's going to be discussions about who actually counts as GNR (are Del, Fernando etc. included?) and what posts are directly related to the members. For example, let's say Gibson posts a video with Slash in it - which thread would that go to? Imo relevant social media discussion about GNR should be kept here, but I guess not everyone feels that way. :shrugs:

Yah I see what you're saying....but if you open this up you're going to get stuff like what is posted between our posts and clearly should not be here....which you're getting now anyway lol.

i guess from the GnR only side of it, I come here looking for GnR only updates bc I don't want to spend time or am less concerned about a fan posting his pic with Slash on Twitter, but I do want to know what the band is posting.

Edited by tsinindy

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm down with started and pinning a separate thread if that's cool with everyone. 

So we would have this thread for GNR Social Media, then one for GNR Related Social Media. 

I'm down with that if everyone else is. 

That would be a good idea, there are many things which I want to say regarding a pic or something else which is related to Axl or Slash or any GNR member and want to post it, but it would derail the thread, so yeah Im up for another thread so at least we could discuss and post things from FB/Twitter/Instagram.

It would be cool if the "Unofficial Social Media Thread" stays in the D&N and not in The Jungle or any other sub forum. 

• Like 1

first off, let me say a word of thanks to the mods for keeping this about GNR sensu stricto

to me, nothing is a greater downer than going in this thread, expecting a new tweet from the band, only to discover a dodgy youtube cover by a fan looking for some attention. Theres only so many times you can feel desillusioned, before you lose interest anyway.

I think that is, what's really the reason behind the separation of these posts.

Edited by action
  • Like 1