Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

44 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Slash is putting on a lot of fucking weight

For YEARS, I tried starting a thread about who is fatter: Axl or Slash. It always got deleted a couple posts into it lol. I always thought it was a nice bonding activity, although granted it was back when they weren't speaking. But it was mainly to combat those that said Axl was fat. In the end, it showed they were both normal guys in their 50s that had gained weight. I have not tried to start the thread again since the "reunion", but I personally always thought it was funny. They are both chunky monkeys.

• Like 1

Slash is overweight. Age is no excuse. Same goes for Axl. 

They are only considered normal because people no longer understand what normal actually means due to rampant morbid obesity in the Western World. 

The are overweight and could definitely look better 

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

As for the part where he said something like  "don't mention the people who were in the band for last 20yrs, this is a nostalgia tour", I think that was definitely a dig at Axl and management. He's obviously pissed that he spent 20yrs with Axl or whatever and now he's been relegated to a 'hired hand, don't speak unless spoken to first role'. Frustrated, and somewhat reasonably so! he was in the band for a long time, whether people like him or not. He should be able to speak his mind.

Reasonably? Why? How? For 20 years he was part of a nostalgic cash grab. Nostalgia he had no hand in creating. It wasn't a problem then. But now, when the rightful owners and creators of the nostalgia return, he's pissed, that it has finally dawned on him, that he's nothing more than a hired hand and hanger on, who's really not needed and easily replaceable, if someone insists on having a goofy looking clown on stage, who adds absolutely nothing?? That dude is not only visually a total clown.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

Is it really too much to ask to get confirmation on their most useless member, who makes Dizzy Reed look like he invented electricity in comparison? Jesus :facepalm:

Confirmation of what? Whether he's in GN'R or not? My guess is he doesn't even know himself currently.

Why did Pitman say all that? I don't get it? Even if the band overall doesn't like this site, it's still THE biggest forum for a reason. Many of us have been loyal through all the years, but to see him make a blanket statement like that pisses me off. I don't sit and trash him, nor did I trash NUgnr. Yes I made my opinion known that I wanted a reunion, but I feel insulted by what he said. 

Don't let the door got you...

6 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Why did Pitman say all that? I don't get it? Even if the band overall doesn't like this site, it's still THE biggest forum for a reason. Many of us have been loyal through all the years, but to see him make a blanket statement like that pisses me off. I don't sit and trash him, nor did I trash NUgnr. Yes I made my opinion known that I wanted a reunion, but I feel insulted by what he said. 

Don't let the door got you...

he's bashing mygnr.com not mygnrforum.com

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Confirmation of what? Whether he's in GN'R or not? My guess is he doesn't even know himself currently.

Fuck that noise. I'm calling bullshit that they don't know who's in the regular lineup at least by now.

We Nancy Drewed Slash's guitar pic on Instagram that he was at the same spot nu guns were rehearsing the year prior. That was nearly two months ago. They've been rehearsing. He was either there or he wasn't. He's either been there since or he hasn't. There's no way I believe they don't have a concrete, regular lineup a month away from these shows. No fucking way.

I'm fully on the bandwagon that they're purposefully doing this to dupe people into buying tickets on the premise this is the real deal reunion. And they're doing it in the shitty way that they can have an alibi later "oh we never said it was a full reunion! Where on earth did you get that idea from?". But they know full well what they're doing here and it's fucked up. I can understand that maybe they don't know how they're going to incorporate Izzy and Steve's possible guest appearances yet, but any competent (hmm...) management team would know how to word around that in an official press release. They know who's in the concrete touring line up now. And I think it's shitty they're asking for these ludicrous deluxe whatever bullshit prices without at least having the decency to tell us who we're getting on the regular.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

Fuck that noise. I'm calling bullshit that they don't know who's in the regular lineup at least by now.

We Nancy Drewed Slash's guitar pic on Instagram that he was at the same spot nu guns were rehearsing the year prior. That was nearly two months ago. They've been rehearsing. He was either there or he wasn't. He's either been there since or he hasn't. There's no way I believe they don't have a concrete, regular lineup a month away from these shows. No fucking way.

I'm fully on the bandwagon that they're purposefully doing this to dupe people into buying tickets on the premise this is the real deal reunion. And they're doing it in the shitty way that they can have an alibi later "oh we never said it was a full reunion! Where on earth did you get that idea from?". But they know full well what they're doing here and it's fucked up. I can understand that maybe they don't know how they're going to incorporate Izzy and Steve's possible guest appearances yet, but any competent (hmm...) management team would know how to word around that in an official press release. They know who's in the concrete touring line up now. And I think it's shitty they're asking for these ludicrous deluxe whatever bullshit prices without at least having the decency to tell us who we're getting on the regular.

Can't fault a word you're saying. They know who's in right now and obviously feel no need to say.

Or thats why Pitman is getting upset. Because the lineup is set, and they are simply advertising Slash, Axl and Duff because the other guys "don't matter", and that's pissing Chris off even though its true.

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Okay. What is the deal with this Del James guy? He's one of those Axl asskissers, who sells Axl's tardiness as a feature and blames us for being upset when he's 2 hours late! And he has been angry with Slash for 20 years, because Axl was angry with Slash and now apparently, since Axl is not angry with Slash anymore, Del is also not angry and hugs Slash? Did I get that right?

This is pretty much it. Del's opinion and treatment of Slash, is dependant on Axl's opinion and treatment of Slash. But then that is true for pretty much everyone around Axl.

It's nice to get some pics of Slash at the screening, but it's not like people were calling for him and Del to reunite. I don't get the fuss.

4 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

This is pretty much it. Del's opinion and treatment of Slash, is dependant on Axl's opinion and treatment of Slash. But then that is true for pretty much everyone around Axl.

It's nice to get some pics of Slash at the screening, but it's not like people were calling for him and Del to reunite. I don't get the fuss.

Okay. So I say, fuck Del James. He's a fake ass kisser. This picture is nothing to be happy about. And Slash got a big tolerance for bullshit or is really, really desperate for the cashgrab/reclaiming his legacy/being Guns N' Roses again.

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Okay. So I say, fuck Del James. He's a fake ass kisser. This picture is nothing to be happy about. And Slash got a big tolerance for bullshit or is really, really desperate for the cashgrab/reclaiming his legacy/being Guns N' Roses again.

Slash is more like "whatevs, no worries man, I don't hold grudges" kind of guy I think. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Asia said:

Fake? Izzy. Fake? Pitman. It's just beyond ridiculous now. Btw, the doubts about the realness of Pitman concern only the "now" Pitman or also the "then" Pitman who moaned about being told to shut up by TB?

I'm sort of losing touch with it all...

Bro, this is the standard for GnR. Don't you remember a couple years ago Axl tweeted that the GnR tour was cancelled. Then TB said his account had been hacked. 

So somebody was able to hack into Axl Rose's account......and did it just to say a tour was cancelled. 

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Bro, this is the standard for GnR. Don't you remember a couple years ago Axl tweeted that the GnR tour was cancelled. Then TB said his account had been hacked. 

So somebody was able to hack into Axl Rose's account......and did it just to say a tour was cancelled. 

Lol what's more likely: Axl had a tantrum and canceled a tour on Twitter like a child or someone actually took the time to hack his Twitter account?

Hehe