Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Huh? He was referring to the people behind mygnr.com as dildos and cuntz because they keep having his wrong birthday in his bio. In case you aren't aware of it, mygnr.com and mygnrforum are two different things, and whoever is responsible for the bio at mygnr.com DOES NOT comprise a "large portion of the band's fan base", as you claim.

Well, in that case what was the discussion about? Anyway, if that is so then my post is quite inaccurate. Still though he is a joke - who calls people dildoes and cunts just because they made a mistake in his date of birth? Especially that Pitman isn't exactly John Lennon or Mick Jagger so that it could be shameful...

Edited by Asia
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:43 AM, RussTCB said:

I know you aren't calling the fan case shitty, but I'd like to defend that fan base. 

There is NO excuse for how GN'R is handled. None. When you have the amount of fans that boards like this have, what else are they supposed to do when they're constantly in the dark? So many people on these boards honestly hope for nothing for the best for GN'R but we know nothing, so sometimes it's easy to assume the worst especially given the past track record. 

I mean.... a bunch of us have bought tickets, made travel arrangements and worked our lives around these April shows. All of that is amazing considering the fact that we know exactly JACK and SHIT outside of the fact that Axl, Slash & Duff will be there. It's super easy for people to assume it's a cash grab or a nostalgia thing given the facts. If it's not, or there's something else going on, it's on GN'R to inform the fans of that. The fact that dedicated fans are still being insulted because of a situation they've been put in by the band itself is nothing sort of shameful if you ask me.

I can agree to a certain extent and probably agree with you in EVERY way IF it were another band, but at the same time we as GNR fans shouldn't really be surprised, remember Axl did warn us: "Life Doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending". We know how Axl and GNR management is, he didn't just pop up out of nowhere, he's had the better part of 30 years to earn his clout to push us around because we continue to let him and well because he's Axl Rose and that's the fascinating part, he may be an ass hole but he's OUR Ass Hole.. Its the price you pay to be a fan of this band, Its like dating a stripper, you hope for the best but prepare for the worst and the day she cheats on you and moves on with another man, is it really her fault? I mean you knew all along that was a possibility...

Me personally, we've been told the dates that are coming up that they are playing and just the fact alone that they are playing together again is good enough for me, I think its fun that there is a certain mystery element to it because we're going to cherish it more when it does finally happen instead of being told everything months in advance and it wanes the interest. With that said I'd love to hear all the info I could about what they're up to and whats going on, but I'm not going to have a heart attack over no info.

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Huh? He was referring to the people behind mygnr.com as dildos and cuntz because they keep having his wrong birthday in his bio. In case you aren't aware of it, mygnr.com and mygnrforum are two different things, and whoever is responsible for the bio at mygnr.com DOES NOT comprise a "large portion of the band's fan base", as you claim.

Pitman seems to not know the intricacies between mygnr.com and mygnrforum (and I do not blame him really) thus it renders that point rather academic as he is blaming the latter for the former. Really, they are the same as far as Pitman is concerned.

14 hours ago, SlashElvisTCB said:

I can agree to a certain extent and probably agree with you in EVERY way IF it were another band, but at the same time we as GNR fans shouldn't really be surprised, remember Axl did warn us: "Life Doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending". We know how Axl and GNR management is, he didn't just pop up out of nowhere, he's had the better part of 30 years to earn his clout to push us around because we continue to let him and well because he's Axl Rose and that's the fascinating part, he may be an ass hole but he's OUR Ass Hole.. Its the price you pay to be a fan of this band, Its like dating a stripper, you hope for the best but prepare for the worst and the day she cheats on you and moves on with another man, is it really her fault? I mean you knew all along that was a possibility...

Me personally, we've been told the dates that are coming up that they are playing and just the fact alone that they are playing together again is good enough for me, I think its fun that there is a certain mystery element to it because we're going to cherish it more when it does finally happen instead of being told everything months in advance and it wanes the interest. With that said I'd love to hear all the info I could about what they're up to and whats going on, but I'm not going to have a heart attack over no info.

Nor am I. I accepted the state of GN'R affairs a long time ago. What I'm saying is that I don't blame the fan base for speculating and on top of that, always expecting the worse. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sonofnazareth said:

someone on here said recently that Fernando had sent them a message informing them that Axl would speak soon. Any news on that?

It was @ManetsUS who said Fernando messaged him and told him about Axl appearing on Kimmel, but well that never happened. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

It was @ManetsUS who said Fernando messaged him and told him about Axl appearing on Kimmel, but well that never happened. 

Manets said "Fernando told me that Axl is coming out soon to make an announcement about the reunion. Since Jimmy Kimmel seems like Axl's favorite way to appear on television, I think it's possible he's going to make an appearance there sometime this week." He didn't say that Fernando said he would be on Kimmel, just that he THINKS Axl might go there again as he was there before

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Manets said "Fernando told me that Axl is coming out soon to make an announcement about the reunion. Since Jimmy Kimmel seems like Axl's favorite way to appear on television, I think it's possible he's going to make an appearance there sometime this week." He didn't say that Fernando said he would be on Kimmel, just that he THINKS Axl might go there again as he was there before

IF that actually fernando messaged him, then IF he said its possible, then it should be true as Fernando is close to Axl, but well that din't happen. Im sure Kimmel would be informed a few days in Advance, this is what happened in the beginning of this year, thats how it got spread, but Axl cancelled it at the end moment. 

5 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

IF that actually fernando messaged him, then IF he said its possible, then it should be true as Fernando is close to Axl, but well that din't happen. Im sure Kimmel would be informed a few days in Advance, this is what happened in the beginning of this year, thats how it got spread, but Axl cancelled it at the end moment. 

I think you misunderstood me, and him. Manets said that " Fernando told me that Axl is coming out soon to make an announcement about the reunion." That's it. That's all Fernando told him. And then Manets said, in no relation to Fernando, that HE (manets) thinks that Axl might appear on Kimmel.

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think you misunderstood me, and him. Manets said that " Fernando told me that Axl is coming out soon to make an announcement about the reunion." That's it. That's all Fernando told him. And then Manets said, in no relation to Fernando, that HE (manets) thinks that Axl might appear on Kimmel.

Ok I thought Fernando said that Axl might make an appearance on Kimmel.

But well this is the GNR world, no guarantee if it will actually happen. 

It would be great if Axl makes an appearance. No matter if it's just for a few minutes, that would give us a lot to talk about here.

Btw wouldn't it be easier to have this thread separated by years? like Axl - GNR member's social media update discussion 2015, 2016... just a suggestion, because it's getting bigger and bigger and is not easy if you want to find something old - I'm sure this is not the first time someone brings this up :P

Goodnight guys, love this forum!:headbang:

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

After

Could Izzy's twitter appearance have got Axl wanting to make a statement? That first video was a swipe at him.

Maybe seeing as people don't even believe that it's Izzy, Axl has backed off and is waiting to see what Izzy says/does.

1 minute ago, Babooshka said:

Could Izzy's twitter appearance have got Axl wanting to make a statement? That first video was a swipe at him.

Maybe seeing as people don't even believe that it's Izzy, Axl has backed off and is waiting to see what Izzy says/does.

I don't think so. Izzy doing anything or saying anything won't affect Axl at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Axl being on Kimmel was an assumption of mine, what, in my opinion, may still happen in the upcoming weeks. Fernando said Axl would make an announcement soon. It did coincidentally happened to be the day of, or the day after, Izzy's tweets.