Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

AC/CD gig has very little upside IMO. If his vocals ain't quite right, he gets slated. Plus it's a distraction from one of the biggest rock n roll reunions ever.

Would also be pretty ironic that Axl has spent years with a group of hired hands and decides to become one himself, just as he gets his old band back ?

58 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

AC/DC are straight up rockers, and they do inspire people with that brand of music. Eddie Van Halen said he wrote Panama because they played some shows with AC/DC and he wanted Van Halen to have a really rockin song like AC/DC has. So imagine the effect they could have on Axl, who will be sharing the stage with Angus. He might go back to guns and say "hey slash, let's really write something that really ROCKS."

I agree 100%, I don't get why people are kinda worried with "bad timing" or "Axl should focus only on GNR".

IMO, (if true) these gigs will come as a fresh air, not only to his criativity, but could help rebuilding his image to general public. 

Maybe he's feeling more confident now, which is also great.

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Eddie Money did say that the venue was booked for two nights - that also makes me inclined to think it'll be the ACC.

I think you're right.

It would be out of left field, which is where I would probably be sitting, if they announced the "Rogers Skydome Centre"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FuriousStyles said:

I think you're right.

It would be out of left field, which is where I would probably be sitting, if they announced the "Rogers Skydome Centre"

Precisely. :lol:

These days, unless your name is Taylor Shit or One Erection, two nights in a row at the Rogers is unthinkable. My gut says the ACC. I'd happily settle for some good lower bowl tickets there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Precisely. :lol:

These days, unless your name is Taylor Shit or One Erection, two nights in a row at the Rogers is unthinkable. My gut says the ACC. I'd happily settle for some good lower bowl tickets there.

100% Agreed.

Section 109/118 are my desired choices.  I hope I can snag some nice seats on Slash's side(118?) when everyone goes for GA.

5 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

100% Agreed.

Section 109/118 are my desired choices.  I hope I can snag some nice seats on Slash's side(118?) when everyone goes for GA.

I'd even take 119/108. Sometimes I find the angle to the stage a bit better from there. But yeah, that's my plan too. Even during the Nightrain sale the scramble for floors whether seated or GA will be intense so from the get go I'll just try for lower bowl to save the stress. Worst case scenario there's always VIP.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I'd even take 119/108. Sometimes I find the angle to the stage a bit better from there. But yeah, that's my plan too. Even during the Nightrain sale the scramble for floors whether seated or GA will be intense so from the get go I'll just try for lower bowl to save the stress. Worst case scenario there's always VIP.

Probably a little better acoustics too!

I'm a little nervous about the Nightrain Pre-Sale, hoping for no time-outs or any other paranormal/X-Files activity during checkout. I guess it will depend if "the thirst" is real!

• Like 1

Nothing real new here but Jim Florentine(from That Metal Show with Eddie Trunk) was on the Preston n Steve morning show today in Philly.  Obviously take it with a huge grain of salt because who knows what he knows but he hints that it may be Axl and a few other guest singers combining to finish the 10 or 11 re-scheduled AC/DC shows, not just Axl as the guest...which seems plausible.  He also says he has heard that Axl and the fellas are all getting along great.  Again, take it with a grain of salt but with recent rehearsal pics and Axl in good spirits in Atlanta point to things maybe going pretty darn well for now.  GNR discussion is from 1:57 -- 2:01.

http://wmmr.com/episodes/daily-podcast-03-25-16/

• Like 2