Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I cannot fathom how Axl sounds this good on these acdc songs. It's like 86 level rasp and pitch. 

Holy crap that note at 3:36. That's INSANE. Close to the note on the studio version on There Was a Time I think 

Edited by KiernanProud
  • Like 4

I can only summarise that Axl is completely bored with Guns N' Roses - bored with being in Guns N' Roses, bored with the Guns N' Roses songs, bored with the Guns N' Roses personae and backing team - as, on those DC clips, he sounds like he did he did in 2006 which was the last time, in my opinion, Axl sounded anyway near his best. I know people were going nuts over the reunion shows and it was great seeing the three and the hysteria and 'Coma' (etc etc etc) but you know in your hearts Axl still sounded like shite. Even if you were at the Troubador show and honestly hid your hysteria and hyperbole, putting your hand on heart, Axl basically sounded like he did 2014 there which was godawful. But here, under a different band, Angus's jurisdiction, it is a different matter!

And then there is the fact that he is actually rehearsing! (what a snub to Guns when you consider all of those chronically under rehearsed shows like Rio 4).

So can we now credit the half-arsed Mickey vocals and fluffed lines to the fact that Axl is just sick of Guns? It is the only plausible explanation if these clips are audio veritas.

PS

I've made the unfortunate mistake of flying down Slash's twitter page. Is it just me or does he have an obsession with girls having intercourse with skeletel creatures? Nearly every second picture posted by Slash features some demonic character sowing his oats with a scantly clad woman!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I can only summarise that Axl is completely bored with Guns N' Roses - bored with being in Guns N' Roses, bored with the Guns N' Roses songs, bored with the Guns N' Roses personae and backing team - as, on those DC clips, he sounds like he did he did in 2006 which was the last time, in my opinion, Axl sounded anyway near his best. I know people were going nuts over the reunion shows and it was great seeing the three and the hysteria and 'Coma' (etc etc etc) but you know in your hearts Axl still sounded like shite. Even if you were at the Troubador show and honestly hid your hysteria and hyperbole, putting your hand on heart, Axl basically sounded like he did 2014 there which was godawful. But here, under a different band, Angus's jurisdiction, it is a different matter!

And then there is the fact that he is actually rehearsing! (what a snub to Guns when you consider all of those chronically under rehearsed shows like Rio 4).

So can we now credit the half-arsed Mickey vocals and fluffed lines to the fact that Axl is just sick of Guns? It is the only plausible explanation if these clips are audio veritas.

PS

I've made the unfortunate mistake of flying down Slash's twitter page. Is it just me or does he have an obsession with girls having intercourse with skeletel creatures? Nearly every second picture posted by Slash features some demonic character sowing his oats with a scantly clad woman!

Nope. He is actually rehearsing because I am sure it is part of his contract to do these gigs. AC/DC isn't going to just show up and hope Axl knows stuff. And I don't know what you're talking about. Axl has sounded pretty damn amazing so far. Axl is going to bring it at these AC/DC shows and on the summer tour. If he was burnt out on GNR, he wouldn't be doing a summer tour.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Nope. He is actually rehearsing because I am sure it is part of his contract to do these gigs. AC/DC isn't going to just show up and hope Axl knows stuff. And I don't know what you're talking about. Axl has sounded pretty damn amazing so far. Axl is going to bring it at these AC/DC shows and on the summer tour. If he was burnt out on GNR, he wouldn't be doing a summer tour.

I concur.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

PS

1. i'm not an Axl asslicker, but he sounds good in most songs of the reunion so far. He is best at classic rock songs, not the numetal stuff. 

2. Axl was bored with nugnr in the last years. He is doing well in the reunion. We are getting bored as well with the old  live material btw. Thats the problem. And we have to except that Axl 2016 isn't Axl 1986-1993.

3. Axl have to rehearse with AC/DC.

4. 99% of slash's posts are weird. Never expected him to post buckethead horror shit.

On the subject of Axl being lazy with gnr...I gotta think that playing these songs with ACDC has made Axl wish he had built a deeper catalog of music with gnr. His worst fear was living his life through appetite and yet the gnr depth of music never got large enough to move appetite out of the concerts. If he's tired of playing Jungle, SCOM, and PC then he's got no one to blame but himself. 

6 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

I cannot fathom how Axl sounds this good on these acdc songs. It's like 86 level rasp and pitch. 

Holy crap that note at 3:36. That's INSANE. Close to the note on the studio version on There Was a Time I think 

Well one of the reasons is simply that AC/DC songs are incredibly easy to sing compared to GNR. People don't usually realise how fucking difficult some of the GNR stuff is compared to pretty much anything

• Like 2

Just now, BatVin said:

Well one of the reasons is simply that AC/DC songs are incredibly easy to sing compared to GNR. People don't usually realise how fucking difficult some of the GNR stuff is compared to pretty much anything

I do not agree with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maxpax said:

1. i'm not an Axl asslicker, but he sounds good in most songs of the reunion so far. He is best at classic rock songs, not the numetal stuff. 

2.We are getting bored as well with the old  live material btw. Thats the problem. And we have to except that Axl 2016 isn't Axl 1986-1993.

1. what the fuck do you think numetal is? ive never heard a gnr song that sounded like korn or limp bizkit

2. who is "we"? i sure as hell am not bored with hearing jungle.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 2