Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

cant play the video. Wonder if that video is this one

http://www.alternativenation.net/steven-adler-rehearsing-guns-n-roses-paradise-city/

I'm almost positive I saw that video months ago. He's been playing along to GNR songs for years on YouTube. Basically if you just ask him he'll do it. Terrible article form AltNation lol 

21 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Steven still rocking out, he is better than ever. Thanks to @Funky.Monkey for sharing this video. Admins/Mods can you edit this post so the video shows, I don't know why the hell the video doesn't shows when I post the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlLLOw8P61I 

The video was posted by Ravinder Pilson, wife of Jeff Pilson bass player for Foreigner. They are both friends with Steven it appears, so I think it's new.

1 hour ago, night prowler said:

ok ..so... im usually in the ac/dc box in this stable, only place i belong ... but .. just gotta say something about this...

im extremely aware of me getting onto someones killing list ...for thinking this

and i want to say, for the arguments sake ... that Im a drummer... been for 30 years...played ... professionaly alot ... played every god damn genre there is ...
....so im actually not a total idiot talking out of my ass....

still though .... ITS MY PERSONAL OPPINION.... people here i noticed have problems with that sometimes... just passion probably but still...IM NOT PICKIN A FIGHT

I liked ApetiTe for destruction ... very groovy record and steven playes realy nice... he got that laidback beat with a real punch...

so i just have to say that this does not look good...he can barely hold a 4/4 steady and when he hits the cymbals they sometimes hardly move, he looks more like touching the cymbals,, ... when you play rock music .... your supposed to punish the drums, certain songs anyway....  ... this is bearly holding on ... and then not to talk about the wright wrist that dont seem to be functioning as he looks like he playes with his whole arm....

im gonna get murdered for this i know... but then again sometimes you have to challange and hope it exists: the so called belief in free speach and difference between oppinion and person

but this is just plain emabarrasing to see.... and its tragic because i know he was a decent drummer... never a great one... that is my own oppinion, that i hope i can have ... even about a member of guns and roses....they are only human to actually...Let me say this then also that Phill Rudd is no Great drummer, certainly not any more... he was great at what he did...and he to ..wasted it all on drugs.... and ive seen similar videos of him playing 4/4 to his own music and it sounds ..shit...And if!! Angus would take phill back i would seriously question what the hell he was thinkin ...for the first time... Chris Slade is 70 ...never done drugs or much drinkin and he kicks so much as on drums with ac/dc .. no ballad band have in mind ..

but... as i said the sadest thing about it is to see this musician who has totaly destroyed himself on drugs and shit and now desperately wants to be what he was...

and he cant ... he can barely move his upper body ...

no one with a objective view can belive that this guy could do two hours of fast intense rock music ... on a hot stage ....

THIS SONG IS (IMO) A BALLAD IN COMPARISON TO PARADICE CITY ... AND LOOK HOW HE PLAYS

PS!!!.. im  not trying to put anything or anybody dowm ...this is realy realy realy sad ..think its so sad ... cause he sits at home with his little taped up kit with a towel over the snare drum and probably dreams of playing in guns and roses ... wich he did .....same as Phill Rudd sits in his house playing away hoping Angus is gonna call ... he aint!

Look at Axl with ac/dc ... the energy that man has ... at 54... and look at steven on that video ...

Im sorry ...

you know what man?..... i think.... some of this stuff you say.... and i dont want you to think im kidding.... but ... you might be right!

there's .... like some sort of.... pinocchio-like quality..... from steven.... on that 2016 video... i dont understand

its so sad... to see a man.... half a man.... of what he used to be... just look at him

im sorrry....

• Like 1