Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

11 minutes ago, nonok said:

:heart:

This tweet...I bet Axl is right now lying down in the tour bus couch, listening to AFD, with a faraway look and a silly smile in his face, just thinking about Steven and how much he missed him and his drumming. haha

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maybe McKagan is trying for a reunion gradually, staggering his persuasion tactics with Axl pertaining to each individual member. In a few weeks McKagan will raise 'Izzy' in a conversation.

I think Slash was the main catalyst in bringing Steven back...

• Like 2

Just now, nonok said:

My bet's on Izzy and Matt coming out and playing FP Money while the band takes a piss break. :smiley-confused2:

LOL.

In all seriousness (not) how cool would it be if sometime this year if Izzy came out and serenaded Axl with a modified version of 14 years... Change it to 23 years or whatever and sing it to Axl while Axl, Duff and Slash sit cross-legged on the ground in front of him.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WhazUp said:

4 out of 5 AFD lineup tonight, who would have thought that 2016 would be so great! I am smiling ear to ear right now

i'm smiling almost as big as Steven was last night! :D

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maybe McKagan is trying for a reunion gradually, staggering his persuasion tactics with Axl pertaining to each individual member. In a few weeks McKagan will raise 'Izzy' in a conversation.

good strategy IMO.

5 minutes ago, Asdiz said:

unless i'm missing something izzy appears to have deleted his tweet about no involvement in april 2016 shows.

Oh wow.. The thing I will add to this is that they have this gag order or blanket issue whatever it's called, but notice Izzy never did the interview he promised for rolling stone and he's never really commented on it publicly. Not saying he's in just that, he hasn't broken any rules and I think the band is open to it. At this point, it's really izzys call..

7 hours ago, Lumikki said:

To me it sounds like they have collectively (meaning the band as a whole, not just Axl) decided not to do any press for now.

Probably because the media was to a large part responsible for all the drama between them in the past. They probably didn't want to risk things getting twisted and distorted again when everything was still new and a bit uncertain.

They also probably didn't want to deal with difficult questions like "How did Axl and Slash finally get over themselves and made up again?" or "Why is Izzy not involved?"

@Philipm787 Of course theoretically it's still possible Axl forbid them, but it doesn't really sound like that and I don't think Slash and Duff would be so whipped by Axl as to go along with that if they were really against it. Duff and Slash aren't pussies and also no helpless drunks/junkies anymore, who'll go along with everything Axl says. If they really didn't like something, they wouldn't do it. And Axl seems to be a much mellower and more reasonable guy nowadays as well.

So therefore I think it was either a collective decision by all of them, or it was Axl's idea but Slash and Duff weren't against it.

Although if Axl really wanted to avoid difficult questions, why does he continuously put himself in risky situations were that could happen? I mean he met fans after loads of AC/DC shows, plus that China Exchange interview. It's a miracle no one asked about Izzy or Steven during that. If he tolerated that twat of an interviewer I'm sure he would've answered a line-up question. He answered questions about new music and him and Slash patching things up after all.

1 hour ago, nonok said:

My bet's on Izzy and Matt coming out and playing FP Money while the band takes a piss break. :smiley-confused2:

Oh stop it allready......... No neeed to drag all the back wally cat's on stage?.... Bring us Izzy and thats it....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I just wanna know when that damn phone call happened, instead those morons at china exchange asked Axl questions if he could envision being in a jazz band:facepalm:

You don't think the audience was told what questions were off limits?

54 minutes ago, Asdiz said:

unless i'm missing something izzy appears to have deleted his tweet about no involvement in april 2016 shows.

No, the tweet is still there. Just checked. 

9 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

"Childhood/teen yrs friends".

Hmmmm....

Nahhhh....

I wouldn't put it past Izzy to come out to these cities to take a look at how things are going for himself :ph34r:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

Why would Izzy care to delete a 100 character tweet from 3months ago?

And I don't think Axl needs Duff or Slash to convince him to get the original 5 on stage for some random shows for a couple songs. 

Im sure Duff helped get Axl & Slash in the same room but it wasn't as simple as that.

NuGuns ran its course. After guys started leaving, primarily Bumble it was easier to open the door for Slash to return. Easier than starting over with Nuguns v3.0.

Kudos to the some of the guys in Nuguns for realizing their standing in GNR history and stepping aside. For the fans and for GNR's legacy.

And I'm sure Slash and duff have Steven an ultimatum that it would only happen if he truly makes his drug addiction problems a thing of the past. He needed to prove to them he could stay sober for an extended period of time. For the long haul which he did. There were times in the past 14yrs where he would get sober for a few weeks, days to tour and make money but would quickly fall off the wagon. I witnessed my first time seeing Steven in 2002

Edited by Top-Hatted One

9 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

I hope that's not what he's thinking but maybe you're right!

I doubt he is either...I actually stole that from someone on Facebook, but it is kinda funny :)

However, it seems to me Axl was genuinely pleased to have Steven on stage with them last night.  

• Like 1