Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 hours ago, Gorthar said:

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of online message boards. :P

It doesn't really matter the band, individual or topic of the forum, there will always be a certain segment of the members losing sleep and wringing their hands on topics like that.

Personally I couldn't be less interested in weight, hairstyle or clothing of choice. Just gimme a show that rocks and I'll be satisfied...:headbang:

Very true, they seem to be holding up there end when It comes to giving a show that rocks. It Is just Ironic when someone mentions there weight. It's almost as If people expect the 54 year old Axl to look like the 28 year old version, same with Slash. Although other then a few pounds and a few gray hairs Slash hasn't changed much at all.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It wasn't long ago that he was liking comments about Adler being washed up and unable to play.

I'm glad Adler is involved again.

When did he ever do that? I think he's been pretty respectful towards all past / present members of GnR throughout his ten years with the band... It was Adler who was attacking Frank, basically saying Frank was a nobody / hack etc.

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

When did he ever do that? I think he's been pretty respectful towards all past / present members of GnR throughout his ten years with the band... It was Adler who was attacking Frank, basically saying Frank was a nobody / hack etc.

A couple of months ago.

Regardless, i am happy to see everybody getting along. Now only if we can get Izzy to guest on some songs.

5 hours ago, ironmt said:

Very true, they seem to be holding up there end when It comes to giving a show that rocks. It Is just Ironic when someone mentions there weight. It's almost as If people expect the 54 year old Axl to look like the 28 year old version, same with Slash. Although other then a few pounds and a few gray hairs Slash hasn't changed much at all.

I totally agree with you, we should focus MORE on their performance on the stage and LESS on their appearance. 

But since I'm one of those people who occasionally talk about their bloat (Axl mostly, Slash does not appear as bloated IMO), I would like to say this: nobody's expecting him to LOOK LIKE HE'S 28. 

There are many musicians who are over 50 AND FIT.

To name a few: Bruce Springsteen. Anthony Kiedis. Jon Bon Jovi. Hetfield/Hammet/Ulrich (Trujillo not so). Tim Mc Graw (okay he's not yet 50 but close). HECK>>>>>>>DUFF??? Duh. Just a to name a few.

I won't list together super thin ones like Jagger or Tyler etc as I don't see them as fit (just my own personal opinion, others may disagree). 

I don't see posts undermining their phenomenal performances on this tour and keep harping about their weight instead. People may have mentioned their weight but it's more like in addition of praising their stage presence. I think everyone agrees they are giving their best right now and everyone who has gone to see them left the show brimming with pure satisfaction and happiness. <<< most important aspect of all.

• Like 3