Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, LandOla said:

I have to agree with you guys, at first I thought she was cute...but what does cute have to do with GN'R anyways. I mean, does this look like a person that belongs to GN'R?

image.jpeg

Hell no, she is annoying as fuck.. I tend to watch the videos that were shot from far away so I don't have to see her.. She brings a whole element of cheese to the whole thing. At lleast when watching the videos shot from a distance you are basically watching the pro shot screen which don't focus on here.. Axl's vision..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

No one can be happy anymore. Whine whine, complain. 

I see nothing wrong with Melissa. But I guess I'm the only one who likes here. 

I'm just glad I got to see my Favorite band. No complaining, whining, crying or bitchin here. 

You arent the only one

• Like 1

Certain people here just need to survive life by complaining.  Everyone has opnions but Jesus it's the same dang people. We get it you dont like melissa. Geez. 

I see one person complaining who would turn a good time into a shit fest quickly don't know how old they are but they seem like they are a cranky old man who hasnt gotten laid in 30 years. 

But enough about being off topic. Sorry. 

Edited by Hollywood Zombie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bigpoop said:

And she's not even a kid, she's in her mid-30s. Weird that she talks like a teenager.

How do you know this?

4 hours ago, Frey said:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Izzy with a six pack and GrumpyIzzy are my favorite band members.

I don't get the hate for Melissa. Her backing vocals are awesome, she's nice to look at and most importantly: she's not Pitman! Have you all forgotten the horror that was Pitman?! 

If we're gonna be stuck with two useless keyboard players, I'll choose Melissa every time. Or better yet, ged rid of Dizzy, and let Melissa do what he does. Then she'd have a justifiable reason to be there and the band'd be less bloated.

Pitman was the worst but I feel like Melissa's work is overrated.

YES, she does make those background vocals sound 10K times better than Pitman or whoever was singing before but man... isn't that her fucking job? :facepalm:

She's paid a good chunk to do her fucking job well!! I wouldn't expect less than this. Shes in a band who plays for fucking 60 thousand people every 3 days with outrageous ticket prices. The least she can do is sing great and look good.

I just don't understand what's with all the cocksucking of her, over praising, like she was some kind of never seen music phenomenon.

Some of you sound like you never heard a woman with good vocal skills before and like you hardly ever seen a woman in your whole life. :shrugs:

25 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Remember that one that was posing like she was taking a piss standing up? What the hell was that about? Is that the type of thing you guys got off to back in the 80's/90's? Did you complain this much about Tracy and Roberta? Don't you realise Melissa is in the band to work on Stay of Execution which will be brilliant? :headbang:

P.S. No one puts baby in the corner.

"No one puts baby in the corner" .      Who the fuck is baby? BABY? :confused:

No one complained about Tracy and Roberta because there was no Internet back then :rofl-lol: 

im sorry but the photo of her "simulating" she's sucking dick with that candy bar is not any better than the trashy girls from the 80s. In fact, it is the same thing, just different fashion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

No one can be happy anymore. Whine whine, complain. 

I see nothing wrong with Melissa. But I guess I'm the only one who likes here. 

I'm just glad I got to see my Favorite band. No complaining, whining, crying or bitchin here. 

I like Melissa but I can't believe she's in her mid-thirties. She looks so young. 

30 years I would have been like "WTF is she doing there" but not right now, the band is different and imho she fits right in.

• Like 3

About Melissa:

If the band is willing enough to pay her, than there must be a reason why she's in there. And if they're willing enough to give her a spot in this band, than I'm willing enough to accept her. She's not destracting, she does not ruin the songs, she's cute, seems nice and has a great backing vocals, and the most important thing-she brings positivity and gets along with all the band members. So who am I to argue whether she's necessary if the band thinks she is. 

About the gun story Axl told before OTGM:

Whose gun was that? Slash's? Is he into that kind of stuff? Cause after Axl finished the story  he pointed out at him; whether to give him a sign to start a song, or to show who is the ''idiot'' who forgot that has a gun. :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nn18 said:

About Melissa:

If the band is willing enough to pay her, than there must be a reason why she's in there. And if they're willing enough to give her a spot in this band, than I'm willing enough to accept her. She's not destracting, she does not ruin the songs, she's cute, seems nice and has a great backing vocals, and the most important thing-she brings positivity and gets along with all the band members. So who am I to argue whether she's necessary if the band thinks she is. 

About the gun story Axl told before OTGM:

Whose gun was that? Slash's? Is he into that kind of stuff? Cause after Axl finished the story  he pointed out at him; whether to give him a sign to start a song, or to show who is the ''idiot'' who forgot that has a gun. :P

He wasn't pointing at Slash, he was telling them to start the song, signaling he was done with that story. :lol: As far as I know, Slash isn't into guns, so that wouldn't make sense either. But I read in the women's thread that Fernando is, so it was probably him or someone else like that :facepalm: Agree with the rest of your post though.

Just now, Frey said:

He wasn't pointing at Slash, he was telling them to start the song, signaling he was done with that story. :lol: As far as I know, Slash isn't into guns, so that wouldn't make sense either. But I read in the women's thread that Fernando is, so it was probably him or someone else like that :facepalm: Agree with the rest of your post though.

Yeah, watching it again, you're right :D 

15 minutes ago, theconspirator said:

I have a friend in one of the guys solo bands....I cant say who, but he claims that the band is playing to a click track, and also using prerecorded backing vocals. Melissa would be in charge of running all this....explains why she has a laptop with her. 

this is true for the BG vox but thats only in songs or parts where Axl double-tracks vox like in Shacklers or CD, or when he hits UBER-low bass notes that nobody else can sing live, like in the start of PC, Also, it would be Carams team (or whoever the sound guy is nowadays) that would be setting the click and tempo through the show (hence franks in-ears) She runs programs on her laptop that program the synth sounds and FX and whatnot (MIDI blahblahblah), its actually a pretty wicked setup. 

(Also, I'm surprised Axl doesn't ever have a click in his IEM feeds, unless its separate?)

NOT using a click track in a stadium show with that many moving parts would sound like ass considering they already go off-tempo a bit from the adrenaline and groove.

Edited by Cory Trevor

Melissa's latest tweet shows her working on something in her hotel room. It has the hashtags #boston #tour #film #composer.

I wonder if that refers to a GnR live film? Composing what? I'm betting it's a totally different project, but it makes me hope and wonder....

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Good point about the no internet back then I guess, imagine the uproar and vitriol poor old zigzag would have suffered lmao

Can't tell if you're being serious or not but assuming you really don't know I was just joking around and referencing this terrible movie:

More importantly though...what photo of her simulating sucking dick? She's doing her job like you said, good. So what's your point? You really think people are over praising her? I'm just tired of seeing complaints about her because it's boring, I could whine and tell everyone to shut the fuck up but it's not something I'm angry about so I just joke around instead lol. Maybe I should stop though, maybe I'm not representing my internet self as well as I could :lol: 

Yes, I was being serious, I didn't know what that meant or where it came from. I never watched that movie so I guess thats why I didn't get it. I still don't get it because I don't know who Baby is and what that whole baby in a corner means, even if you put video and all. Sorry :unsure:

The photo they linked here she posted on her IG account.

My point wasn't any because all I did was commenting the photo they linked here. I think it's a stupid photo and she's not my type of woman I admire, not even as an artist. 

I have never complained about what she does in GNR. I think her vocals are good enough and go well in the songs she has to sing. As for what she does with computers, I have no idea. I can only distinguish the lead guitar, rhythm guitar, bass, drums, Axl's vocals and the occasional piano.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Slash and Duff travel by plane I think, same as Axl. I don't know who goes in the bus, probably part of team Brazil, the crew, Andrei, Jarmo, the personal trainer? :shrugs:

This is 2016. None of the members of the band are stupid to do stuff like that. Slash and Duff are men in their 50s with families. I've never seen a picture of them with guns. It was actually Axl the one with Uzis in photoshoots and holding a gun in the Don't Cry video.

3 hours ago, theconspirator said:

I have a friend in one of the guys solo bands....I cant say who, but he claims that the band is playing to a click track, and also using prerecorded backing vocals. Melissa would be in charge of running all this....explains why she has a laptop with her. 

You mean the synth orchestrations on songs like TIL & Nov Rain? Highly doubt they are using pre-recorded lead vocals

3 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

this is true for the BG vox but thats only in songs or parts where Axl double-tracks vox like in Shacklers or CD, or when he hits UBER-low bass notes that nobody else can sing live, like in the start of PC, Also, it would be Carams team (or whoever the sound guy is nowadays) that would be setting the click and tempo through the show (hence franks in-ears) She runs programs on her laptop that program the synth sounds and FX and whatnot (MIDI blahblahblah), its actually a pretty wicked setup. 

(Also, I'm surprised Axl doesn't ever have a click in his IEM feeds, unless its separate?)

NOT using a click track in a stadium show with that many moving parts would sound like ass considering they already go off-tempo a bit from the adrenaline and groove.

Click is in drummers's iem. Rarely in others. Duff probably has itfor thebeginning of easy tobe sure he's on pace with frank. They could very well playing some song on click and some without

6 hours ago, theconspirator said:

hahhaha what are you smoking boy? :lol::lol: The backing vocals are alive. The only prerecorded is Axl´s voice on "Civil war", right the start, and the LAPTOP is for the "giant screen" back the stage .She is a programmer too.

Edited by Juliette