Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I legit dont think Axl is a racist. Hes come a long way imo. One in a Million was horrible, but that was a zillion years ago. He was adadent about using I Have A Dream for Maddy and seems to have no problem having minorities and women in GnR.

No I don't think so. He's a smart guy, he seems to keep up with the times.

Obviously he's not a racist and has never been considering who he's beloved guitarist is. I actually never understood why he never used that argument in his defense, it really is the most obvious and clear proof. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I legit dont think Axl is a racist. Hes come a long way imo. One in a Million was horrible, but that was a zillion years ago. He was adadent about using I Have A Dream for Maddy and seems to have no problem having minorities and women in GnR.

Of course Axl isn't a racist. If he was, I'm sure Axl would have never hired Frank to play Drums. Or formed a band with Slash back in the 80's.

One In a Million was not, and is not a horrible song. People like to get offended and are too sensitive, and take things the wrong way.

• Like 1

Just now, Ultrastar said:

Of course Axl isn't a racist. If he was, I'm sure Axl would have never hired Frank to play Drums. Or formed a band with Slash back in the 80's.

One In a Million was not, and is not a horrible song. People like to get offended and are too sensitive, and take things the wrong way.

I like the music, but I still wish it had different lyrics. The immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s part is pretty jarring

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I like the music, but I still wish it had different lyrics. The immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s part is pretty jarring

Regarding specifically "hooray for tolerance!s," Rose said, "I've had some very bad experiences with homosexuals" adding that when he was hitchhiking as a teenager a homosexual tried to sodomize him, which led to the man ending up on the wrong end of Axl's razor.

"I've had my share of dealings with aggressive gays, and I was bothered by it."

I have no problem with him expressing his frustrations, and his anger in his music. Axl obviously isn't a homophobe his 2 idols were Freddie Mercury and Elton John. He was just angry at a select few and it came out in his music.

2 minutes ago, Ultrastar said:

Regarding specifically "hooray for tolerance!s," Rose said, "I've had some very bad experiences with homosexuals" adding that when he was hitchhiking as a teenager a homosexual tried to sodomize him, which led to the man ending up on the wrong end of Axl's razor.

"I've had my share of dealings with aggressive gays, and I was bothered by it."

I have no problem with him expressing his frustrations, and his anger in his music. Axl obviously isn't a homophobe his 2 idols were Freddie Mercury and Elton John. He was just angry at a select few and it came out in his music.

Wrong. Saying gays are responsible for spreading 'some fucking disease' goes way beyond frustration with a 'select few'.  Those lyrics are hateful in the extreme.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigpoop said:

Wrong. Saying gays are responsible for spreading 'some fucking disease' goes way beyond frustration with a 'select few'.  Those lyrics are hateful in the extreme.

That was societies thought as a whole back then. I think Axl was trying to spoof Reagan's 80's at that time. He obviously wasn't very wise or clever on how he did it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenan said:

One in a Million is a great song. Axl is not a racist.

The political corectness is the biggest problem these days..everybody is so pussified about this and that..it's getting really old.

maybe he is.....maybe he isn't, you surely don't know, only he does really.  However, using "One In a Million" as evidence that he is racist is garbage.  

1 hour ago, Kmartin9928 said:

Did anybody listen to Duff of Sirum XM last night?  What was said by chance?  Any chance Steven will be showing up again?

I missed when it was live, but the few podcasts I've heard has been strictly football related and I've only heard him talking in the background lol

56 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

I am fascinated by stuff like this. If this is where some of the expensive ticket cost goes towards then I will happily pay. 

Yeah. If there's ever a NITL DVD, it would be cool to have a bonus deal where they show everything being set up in a city beginning to end, to breakdown again...

• Like 1