Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I just think you don't agree with his point of view...which is fine except acting like his opinion is worthless is dumb. Telling Axl how he should act is dumb. He seems to really be bothered by the Trump administration and considering his family is 1st generation immigrants I can understand why Axl might be taking politics serious in this election...

and it's not like Axl is taking an unpopular road here...most of America doesn't like what Trump brings to the table or the people he's bringing in. 

To say Axl is embarrassing himself, or has no valid opinions bc of something he said 25 years ago is absurd...

Well guess what?! Axl himself has written lyrics such as "immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s, they make no sense to me. They come to our country and think they'll do as they please. Like start some media rant, or spread some fuckinn disease. They talk so many god damn ways, it's all Greek to me". Considering axls past behavior and views guess what? It is a dumb opinion. I get that not everyone likes Donald trump but guess what?! He won fair and square and he deserved to considering our options presented to us. Everyone's suddenly ready to defend Axl because they don't like trump.. give me a break.

Yea it is embarrassing.. Representing an attitude then taking a completely opposite point of view because you're done pushing buttons is pathetic. So fine you're offended by the word dumb, oh well! It's hipporcrital at the very least whether you like it or not. And again he's never even voted.. once again, it's an opinion probably better kept to himself. If you don't vote then you have no right to complain. 

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Axl is bored...he should write some songs and get in the studio.

Just saying.

This. It's the biggest point of all. You didn't vote so you clearly don't care that much. Stop trying to divert from the true issues of gnr.. Get some new music out already and make up with Izzy. 

Politicians may be criminal but the irony is the worst crime I have the most personal issue with is booking a Guns N' Roses reunion tour without Izzy stradlin. If Izzy didn't want to do it then I understand fortus but cmon guys... stop worrying about things you can't control and worry/take actions with the issues that you can. 

I thought the whole Hamilton incident was unfortunate.  Art/music can say things to people and reach them on so many levels.  Where art, the play, had the opportunity and the stage, any message it had to give is now lost in the fight that ensued after wards.  Give art a chance, it's powerful.  

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

One in a Million is a song about a small town white kid coming to a place more diverse than the Midwest, and having to experience different, race, culture, people, points of view, and trying to make sense of it in the brain of a guy who was brought up to believe white is right, gays are going to hell and immigrants are stealing jobs....so for Axl to be able to tell this story and be able to realize the way he was brought up is wrong should lend him more credit in dealing with issues on race/immigration/ and sexuality. He's seen it from both sides, he understands why people are the way they are and likely feels they should take the time to travel and see other cultures and experience and give people a chance. 

Do you believe Axl to still be a racist, do you think he still beats women? The guy lives with immigrants, maybe he never got married again bc he realized he was a terrible husband, maybe he understood and dealt with his issues and found ways to cope with them, and better himself. Maybe he figured out your life isn't defined by what other people think of you, maybe just maybe he's a better person today. 

But that point of view doesn't work for you bc that would be admitting Axl is a better person bc he doesn't agree with Trump or his cabinet. Meanwhile you are using lyrics Axl wrote to discredit his opinion...well in that way of thinking Trump's point of view should be discredited also. 

However, we all move on. Trump is president, we hope his words don't define how he leads, but we give him a chance. 

Axl on the other hand is a musician, he doesn't have a lot of control over world views, but he used a platform available to him to voice an opinion...nothing wrong with that, he shouldn't be discredited bc of his past, and it shouldn't be embarrassing for him to say something. Maybe he did vote this time, maybe he didn't. 

However to simplify this Axl has only disagreed with the AG pick, and a President Elect asking a broadway show cast to apologize to his running mate...after running a campaign that deserves an apology to the whole world...

- One in a million is one in a million. You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. Axl is allegedly racist, sexist and mysoganistic. So is trump. They've both said things that have proven that case. Defend it all you want, hey I'm a fan of the song myself, but it's hypocritical considering where he stands regardless of the context. It's not like Trump hasn't said things that have been taken out of context either so both could be defended there but that's another topic...

- That's an awful lot of lol...Well, Trump made some sexist comments years ago. He called women fat years ago. By your logic, since Axl isn't certain things because time changes people, so is Donald trump. So has Mike Pence. So has Charles Manson. You can't get offended by something from one person then just blindly accept the same from someone else. 

- I'm literally calling it as I see it. You just don't like Donald Trump. Maybe you're not American maybe you are, but I'll gladly take cutting taxes making health insurance more affordable for hard working honest people like myself, is a bigger concern over staying politically correct. It also means more than a pampered millionaire who realistically isn't affected either way.

- Lets hope things work out. If there was ever a presidential election where we were screwed either way, this was it. Trump may be an insensitive jerk but I like my chances with a guy who says offensive things versus someone actually doing offensive things and causing destruction. Just my two cents... whatever. But it's not like someone like Axl Rose is going to pay a price for OBAMAcare where as hard working people do so, I don't see how he speaks for anybody. He's had more than enough questionably insane moments, it was nice thinking he might have finally cut down on that. 

In conclusion, I'm not sure how guilty or not guilty Axl really is. Personally, I'm leaning towards not guilty considering Seymour being a money hungry one and everly being kind of crazy in her own right. But he was accused of similar things trump has been. Hey we're all entitled to our opinions, I respect Axl for sharing them. But I also have the right to call him stupid for it. he just looks silly for going after trump and pence for immigration, homophobia, sexism, and racism considering he was literally the face of that for years. He's literally living in a glass home ready to throw stones. And again, the point still stands that if he really has such a problem with People like Mike pence he could have properly voiced it by at least voting. 

And above all.. he has plenty of other things he should be devoting his energy to and that's the biggest middle finger I see here. And that's why I will never buy this politically correct theory that artists and stars should be looked to for political inspiration... I mean my god, he can't even put in the effort to work perfect crime into a set list. Like come on dude

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

He meets the current job requirements then...the next president of the United States of America, W. Axl Rose...because anything's worth doing to avoid making new music. :headbang:

Axl can run against Trump in 4yrs if he hates him so much. That goes Duff, Slash, Richard, Del and all other Americans

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Axl can run against Trump in 4yrs if he hates him so much. That goes Duff, Slash, Richard, Del and all other Americans

That makes no sense. They may think Trump will make a horrible present, but that does not mean they believe they will make good ones.

18 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I would easily trust Duff to make better choices as President than the President-Elect we have the misfortune of having at the moment lol

• Like 2

Reading the old reports from the early 90's it seems these guys where on friendly terms with Trump. Seems Trump is a fan and really admire them. Did something go wrong business wise back then for them to have this much animosity towards him? Why are they ganging up on him now? Like I said before, not a good look when you are flying around in your own 757 MegaPlane with the largest GROSS income because you are charging Randy living in Rural Pennsylvania $180-400 a ticket. Someone who's been a fan since 98, never got to see anything that resembles the gnr he loves so he's torn between feeding his family or going to see the band. Randy doesn't have access to the same social programs in Rural PA as folks in Philadelphia do.

Edited by Top-Hatted One

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I would easily trust Duff to make better choices as President than the President-Elect we have the misfortune of having at the moment lol

Yea he is a smart guy. He should've ran.

In all seriousness I've been questioning his level of intellect after his election comments.

Actually I started questioning it after his VR and Dangerous comments

24 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

When did this place become GOP central? Every time some star simply criticizes Axl people shit all over them, yet since Axl is attacking a conservative politician everyone's shitting on him this time? Never knew this forum was so politically biased.

I think people are just sick of the political temper tantrums from both sides (myself included) and don't want to come to a GNR forum to see more the political bullshit we experience every day of our lives outside this place.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Some people would be way better off on a Trump forum than a GNR one...

Come on, don't waste your time with crazy Axl and stupid Duff, go hunt some mexicans or grab some girls by the pussy ;)

Ummm, I'm sorry to say I'm highly offended by these comments. I joined this forum because I am a GnR fan and expected most if not all other members to be too. Axl isn't crazy for expressing his opinions and Duff definitely isn't stupid. This literally makes me sick.:question: So do I still want to be a part of this?