Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

lol, not much to say one way or the other. Can't really argue with him on how he got the gig or anything. He seems like a nice enough dude. As far as playing guitar in this band, I still don't like what he brings to the table half the time. There are better options out there. The CD era was Gn'R's darkest time and they should have just "drained the swamp" when reuniting..

If DJ is anything to go by... we were an elephant away from a three ring circus act...

#threeguitaristsandababy

• Like 2

It does seem strange to go against the grain when having Izzy and Steven would basically be universally approved. 

I guess if creatively Fortus is bringing something to the record or Izzy can't be bothered it gets less clear. 

It also seems strange not to do a record with Fortus and Dj who would obviously go through walls for Axl in the studio. Maybe though Axl realised that no matter how good the intentions it might not be good enough. So getting Slash and Duff back seems like the only way to get new material. 

4 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

someone on the nightrain forum called me troll because I used the word NuGnr :P

Your fault for being at that place to begin with. I hope you learn your lesson :P  You just stick around here and your italian GN'R forum instead of being in weird ass places 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, wasted said:

It also seems strange not to do a record with Fortus and Dj who would obviously go through walls for Axl in the studio. Maybe though Axl realised that no matter how good the intentions it might not be good enough. So getting Slash and Duff back seems like the only way to get new material. 

That's pretty much it.

Ashba served his purpose to make some cash on multiple tours. But to take it to the next level is another thing.

God forbid we got a new GNR album of Sixx Am guitars & songwriting with Axl vocals. I'd rather we never got a new album at all if that was the deal.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wasted said:

So the Fortus/Dj record was CDIII? I think this is what Axl meant by CDII and CD Remix already done and working on "newest stuff". Are we looking at a double album?

8 hours ago, LA_0013 said:

That's pretty much it.

Ashba served his purpose to make some cash on multiple tours. But to take it to the next level is another thing.

God forbid we got a new GNR album of Sixx Am guitars & songwriting with Axl vocals. I'd rather we never got a new album at all if that was the deal.

I think it would be more like Finck's contribution to CD. 1 song, maybe some co-credits/solos. Remember there's a studio version of TIL with an Ashba solo. Based on the Beautiful Creatures stuff I heard Dj's style would be accepted more than what Ron did on CD (I love the elephant solo though). Maybe there will be a Dj song credit on the next record. Like Tobias on Back off bitch. 

5 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Maybe Slash might like Ballad Of Death.

Ballad of Death is solo based loosely on Slash's Godfather theme in a way. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:00 AM, downzy said:

You know, you don't have to listen or subscribe to his twitter account.

I always love the argument that something is being stuff down their throat, as if people don't control their own throats.  

Well when certain media outlets report the same stories over and over, that's actually a textbook definition of being shoved down a throat. Not many other celebrities or media are seeing the light. But hey, easy to not listen when you're reading instead so...And to be fair, I can't disagree with anything you just said. But the same thing could be said for Axl's ridiculous posts #America

Edited by Billsfan