Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

16 minutes ago, Affirmation said:

She does bring a whole new dynamic to the band 

Yeah, of an adolescent cartoon character looking like she is having a seizure on stage the whole show. rock on..

She is absolutely useless and her presence up there brings an unneeded element of cheesiness to the show. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

I nearly fell on the floor laughing my ass off watching this, no offense, Melissa! :lol:

''The shows are lit, dope, rad'' :lol: 

I'm begining to think that lit, dope, rad is a great name for a new album  :lol:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, of an adolescent cartoon character looking like she is having a seizure on stage the whole show. rock on..

She is absolutely useless and her presence up there brings an unneeded element of cheesiness to the show. 

Melissa > Slash

• Like 4

For everyone who doesn't like Melissa, consider the alternative: Pitman. If one thing was deserved in this universe, then it's that Pitman didn't get to cash in on this reunion. Justice! I don't care about Melissa either way, but since you just don't notice her in the music/mix at all, I see no reason to complain, if it makes Axl happy so be it. I only noticed her once and that was positively, her back up vocals on Catcher were really nice.

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Another one to not watch. Only interested in the ones coming up..

Who's to say these videos aren't made to just promote Dizzy/Melissa/Fortus/Frank to the fans? Because that's my theory. I am extremely sceptical if we get videos from any of the UYI 3

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

For everyone who doesn't like Melissa, consider the alternative: Pitman. If one thing was deserved in this universe, then it's that Pitman didn't get to cash in on this reunion. Justice! I don't care about Melissa either way, but since you just don't notice her in the music/mix at all, I see no reason to complain, if it makes Axl happy so be it. I only noticed her once and that was positively, her back up vocals on Catcher were really nice.

Who's to say these videos aren't made to just promote Dizzy/Melissa/Fortus/Frank to the fans? Because that's my theory. I am extremely sceptical if we get videos from any of the UYI 3

Some of us don't want neither Pitman nor Melissa. There is no need for a 2nd keyboard. Duff and Izzy can handle the back up vocals. There is no need of a pop diva in GN'R.

• Like 1

Just now, Padme said:

Some of us don't want neither Pitman nor Melissa. There is no need for a 2nd keyboard. Duff and Izzy can handle the back up vocals. There is no need of a pop diva in GN'R.

But Izzy is not with GNR anymore.

I thought Melissa added a cool presence and she was singing along with every GNR song. I think Axl made a good choice.

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

But Izzy is not with GNR anymore.

I thought Melissa added a cool presence and she was singing along with every GNR song. I think Axl made a good choice.

A chick with blue hair and headphones just jumping in the back side of the stage. You call that presence?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

But it's not about what we want. If no one was an alternative then Pitman wouldn't have been there and getting paid for 16 years in the first place. Axl made up his mind and we have to respect that, it's Pitman or Melissa. And Melissa is a far a better choice. Yeah she has no place in the band according to us but that's not what matters. What matters is that Axl wants her there.

2 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

She definately looks better than Pitmann. So whats not to like... 

Seriously I hope there will be 3 more interviews in the next few days...

They could also take a break for a couple of days now and then post a video of the 3 TOGETHER on the day of the show, instead of spreading them out like this. How awesome would that be? A man can dream

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I agree for the most part! Although I do like her backup vocals on some songs, reminds me of Tracy and Roberta.

Sure. I like her vocals on CD but that doesnt mean I think shes some great asset. She is nothing more than a glorified backing musician. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

We'll see on Thursday! ;)

Yes, now there's Duff coming on Thursday, Slash on Saturday and then Axl the other Saturday 'cause he's always late :lol:

49 minutes ago, Padme said:

Duff and Izzy can handle the back up vocals. There is no need of a pop diva in GN'R.

Actually I don't think they could handle those beautiful backing vocals she adds to November Rain. The solution could be to stop playing that fn' song already! :P

19 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Yes, now there's Duff coming on Thursday, Slash on Saturday and then Axl the other Saturday 'cause he's always late :lol:

Actually I don't think they could handle those beautiful backing vocals she adds to November Rain. The solution could be to stop playing that fn' song already! :P

Listen to Indiana 91. They can handle NR ;) It sounded raw it was the first time they played it. But it's still good unless you like it with orchestra like in the album

• Like 1