Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, Juventino said:

They did similar videos before the US tour last year and I don't remember there being Slash, Duff or Axl interviews. Unless somebody can correct me on that.

I expect the same here.

I don't think they did full on interview like this, it was more just videos of them rehearsing and showing equipment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Listen to Indiana 91. They can handle NR ;) It sounded raw it was the first time they played it. But it's still good unless you like it with orchestra like in the album

Well, not that they did it bad (I mean, they're Izzy Stradlin and Duff McKagan, they can do no wrong :P) but I still prefer Melissa's "ahhhhhhhh" over theirs haha.

Still I wish they wouldn't play that song for at least 5 years, though.

4 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think my problem with Melissa is right in her interview. She isn't a rock fan but she is in a rock band. It just doesn't fit or make sense. She sticks out like a sore thumb.

Eh, she has a specific job in the band and she does it well. Her keyboardy stuff sounds pretty good on the CD stuff (the intro to Better), and her backing vocals are fantastic (take PC for example). That's my thoughts on it anyway. If she were a douche like Chris Pitman (and as useless too) then I'd have a fault with her too.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think my problem with Melissa is right in her interview. She isn't a rock fan but she is in a rock band. It just doesn't fit or make sense. She sticks out like a sore thumb.

Exactly my thoughts and if her interest in music is hiphop then stick to that rather then sell out to something you dont have passion for....

Say a record company offered her a hiphop record contract theres no way she would stay loyal to guns either. She would be out the door as fast as she could. Dont ppl see that? 

Shes also in her 30s and look how she acts and talks. What an idiot. She has nothing rock about her.

Shes utterly useless in a rock band and should never of been considered a member. Dizzy is enough. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

She's not needed, why is she in the band. 

Synths and backing vocals. She's a Pitman replacement. To do Chinese material faithfully she is needed, and she's a proper singer. Much better than backing tracks or other members attempting to do backing vocals. (they can't really do it and don't have the vocal range for it)

13 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Synths and backing vocals. She's a Pitman replacement. To do Chinese material faithfully she is needed, and she's a proper singer. Much better than backing tracks or other members attempting to do backing vocals. (they can't really do it and don't have the vocal range for it)

Yes - but in normal bands - people like Melissa aren't band members - just touring musicians -  Michael Kenney  isn't Iron Maiden member - but he is on records and on/behind the stage.

I don't mind her because she isn't messing with songs - just her role (just like Pitmans brfore) is undefined for me. I know what Frank does, I know what Dizzy does, I know what Fortus does - but her role can't be jumping + Better intro + back vocals as band member - or can it?

Edited by -Jaro-

6 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Yes - but in normal bands - people like Melissa aren't band members - just touring musicians -  Michael Kenney  isn't Iron Maiden member - but he is on records and on/behind the stage.

I don't mind her because she isn't messing with songs - just her role (just like Pitmans brfore) is undefined for me. I know what Frank does, I know what Dizzy does, I know what Fortus does - but her role can't be jumping + Better intro + back vocals as band member - or can it?

What do you mean not a band member? she is a band member, full band member. I'm sure she'll be a part of a next Guns album if that ever gets released. Pitman was a band member as well, has a song credit and played on every track on Chinese. Live he played his synth parts and got drunk with silly dances on stage. Jumping is just her way to express herself live. Yes she can.

Just now, Rovim said:

What do you mean not a band member? she is a band member, full band member. I'm sure she'll be a part of a next Guns album if that ever gets released. Pitman was a band member as well, has a song credit and played on every track on Chinese. Live he played his synth parts and got drunk with silly dances on stage. Jumping is just her way to express herself live. Yes she can.

YEP - as I said -  Michael Kenney  isn't full band member of Iron Maiden - and Pit/Melissa was/is in GNR.

2 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

YEP - as I said -  Michael Kenney  isn't full band member of Iron Maiden - and Pit/Melissa was/is in GNR.

Please explain to me why you think Mellisa is not a full band member. What makes her less than a full band member? in your opinion.

Edited by Rovim

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Well actually Dizzy Reed called himself and everyone else outside the big 3 "supporting cast" that doesn't sound like a band member to me. Even Axl thinks that band members are himself, Slash and Duff. Just read the 1992 RIP Magazine interview

Just now, Rovim said:

Please explain to me why you think Mellisa is not a full band member. What makes her less than a full band member? in your opinion.

I'm not saying she isn't - I'm just wandering why she is. What she does exactly to be full member of Guns n Roses? Frank plays drums, Richard plays guitar, Dizzy plays keys/piano, Duff is on bass, Slash is on guitar, Axl is vocal.

What's role of Melissa and her keyboards on stage (beside 3 CD songs).

I don't have anything against her - just as I don't have anything against any of "substitutes" after Adler's departure (ok DJ Ashba is clown)...

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Well actually Dizzy Reed called himself and everyone else outside the big 3 "supporting cast" that doesn't sound like a band member to me. Even Axl thinks that band members are himself, Slash and Duff. Just read the 1992 RIP Magazine interview

Each band member has his or her role in the band. Some are more prominent and more important than others, but that doesn't make Mellisa a part time band member or not a real band member. She replaced Pitman who wrote material on Chinese, and Axl likes to incorporate everyone. Live she sings and plays Pitman's parts, playing her instrument. Yes it's synths and backing vocals, but every element is important, especially when you take into consideration Axl hired her for a reason: doing Chinese tunes live, and going forward, if Axl will release more Guns music, it's likely to include orchestration/synths and my guess is Mellisa is going to be a part of that.

How Dizzy chooses to define it is not relevant. She is a full time band member whether you like it or not. What Axl said 25 years ago in a RIP magazine interview when there was no synth player in the band is also not relevant.

She's not like Teddy Zig Zag or Tracy and Roberta. She's Gn'R's synth player. Full time member.

Edited by Rovim

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Each band member has his or her role in the band. Some are more prominent and more important than others, but that doesn't make Mellisa a part time band member or not a real band member. She replaced Pitman who wrote material on Chinese, and Axl likes to incorporate everyone. Live she sings and plays Pitman parts, playing her instrument. Yes it's synths and backing vocals, but every element is important, especially when you take into consideration Axl hired her for a reason: doing Chinese tunes live, and going forward, if he released more Guns music, it's likely to include orchestration/synths and my guess is Mellisa is going to be a part of that.

How Dizzy chooses to define it is not relevant. She is a full time band member whether you like it or not. What Axl said 25 years ago in a RIP magazine interview when there was no synth player in the band is also not relevant.

She's not like Teddy Zig Zag or Tracy and Roberta. She's Gn'R's synth player. Full time member.

OK - but for me (and many it seems) her role looks exactly as Teddy ZigZags. I surely can't see difference...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

For everyone who doesn't like Melissa, consider the alternative: Pitman. If one thing was deserved in this universe, then it's that Pitman didn't get to cash in on this reunion.

She might be a better person than him but she is just as bad It is the position, not the person.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

If she is needed to do songs faithfully....then you may be right.  But, explain then the hypocritical cluster fuck that Paradise City is, because there is no faith being given to how that song is currently presented.

And the point is you can do any of those CD songs a favor by delayering them and they'd actually be better tunes in all likelihood.

Lets just all understand that Melissa is there bc Axl feels someone is needed to be there and do whatever the fuck it is she actually does.  

Is she actually needed?  Obviously not. But, guess what it's not our band to decide. 

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 3