Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

18 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

What do you mean "no need of a pop diva in GNR"? But Axl's still there...

Axl is more of a prima donna :lol: Still I think there is a big difference between what Axl has brought and still brings to the band. And the role Melissa has

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

Each band member has his or her role in the band. Some are more prominent and more important than others, but that doesn't make Mellisa a part time band member or not a real band member. She replaced Pitman who wrote material on Chinese, and Axl likes to incorporate everyone. Live she sings and plays Pitman's parts, playing her instrument. Yes it's synths and backing vocals, but every element is important, especially when you take into consideration Axl hired her for a reason: doing Chinese tunes live, and going forward, if Axl will release more Guns music, it's likely to include orchestration/synths and my guess is Mellisa is going to be a part of that.

How Dizzy chooses to define it is not relevant. She is a full time band member whether you like it or not. What Axl said 25 years ago in a RIP magazine interview when there was no synth player in the band is also not relevant.

She's not like Teddy Zig Zag or Tracy and Roberta. She's Gn'R's synth player. Full time member.

Teddy, Tracy, Roberta, Gilby and even Sorum were all additional musicians. And so is Melissa. It doesn't matter if you don't give a fuck about what Axl call them. From Axl's point of view that's what they are. And he is the leader of the band 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vloors said:

Exactly my thoughts and if her interest in music is hiphop then stick to that rather then sell out to something you dont have passion for....

Say a record company offered her a hiphop record contract theres no way she would stay loyal to guns either. She would be out the door as fast as she could. Dont ppl see that? 

Shes also in her 30s and look how she acts and talks. What an idiot. She has nothing rock about her.

Shes utterly useless in a rock band and should never of been considered a member. Dizzy is enough. 

I'm really disappointed in this video of her...as a 30 year old woman myself I am confused...how old is she (it's not easily found when I tried google). If infact shes older than 22 why is she talking like an....airhead? 

secondly she's a fan of urban music? another dissapointment (I mean I like pop/rap at times but def' a rocker over here)...

I am also upset because I was into her as she was a woman and thought that was a cool move...I loved the fact that GNR included a woman...I'm pro woman/feminist...but ugh...not her...

if she is the equivalent of Teddy/Chris/Tracey/Roberta...then DON'T include her in the band...just as a backup component...I have this same opinion as Dizzy...it's embarrasing/circus

• Like 2

Why being a someone who prefer urban music than rock makes her a disappointment? Being musicians is akin to being a gamers, you have your own favorite genre, but even it's not your preferred genre, you'll still find some kind enjoyment when you play the heck of it, even more if you got paid a lot for playing it, that's not sellout at all, that's blessings.

Just like Melissa said, it's a dream job indeed.

2 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

I'm really disappointed in this video of her...as a 30 year old woman myself I am confused...how old is she (it's not easily found when I tried google). If infact shes older than 22 why is she talking like an....airhead? 

She's 34 (supposedly).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

It's not that she likes urban music that's the problem. It's that she basically insinuated that she doesn't listen to rock and only liked urban music before joining GNR. Plus, the "rocker chick" comment was just stupid. You don't have to be a certain type of chick to like rock music and the whole "back when I was trying to be an artist" comment was also weird. So she's not trying to be an artist now?? What does that even mean? lol

There are SO many talented (and smart) female artists out there that could contribute something great to GNR... Melissa just doesn't fit.

I guess there's only so much she can do with the material they are playing live at the moment...

With other female artists, what exactly could they be contributing that Melissa isn't?

I would wait and see what happens with new GN'R music before I judged how much she's contributing... I already know she's got a great voice, that could work with backup vocals. She's produced a lot of instrumental stuff, and we know Axl's love for orchestral backing tracks.

Edited by Spirit
replaced word to make sense... lol

9 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

It's not that she likes urban music that's the problem. It's that she basically insinuated that she doesn't listen to rock and only liked urban music before joining GNR. Plus, the "rocker chick" comment was just stupid. You don't have to be a certain type of chick to like rock music and the whole "back when I was trying to be an artist" comment was also weird. So she's not trying to be an artist now?? What does that even mean? lol

There are SO many talented (and smart) female artists out there that could contribute something great to GNR... Melissa just doesn't fit.

Lol why you over analyze every word she said? She doesn't listen to rock music? Lol she makes rock game soundtrack with Brain before she joining Guns. A musician usually listen to every kind of music genre even if they don't like it, And even what's the problem if she doesn't like rock music before? People change over time, money, condition, etc. There's no prerequisite to be in a rock band you have to like rock music.

So many great female musicians out there doesn't really matter, the fact is Melissa is the one that got picked, not them.

12 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Who says "lit" over the age of 30, though? :lol:

giphy.gif

This^^
I'm 18 and I feel like I'm to old to use words like lit, dope, fire etc... It seems like something a 14 year old girl would say, not a 30-something year old "rockstar"...

Oh, and a BIG "..." on the word rockstar btw!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tsinindy said:

If she is needed to do songs faithfully....then you may be right.  But, explain then the hypocritical cluster fuck that Paradise City is, because there is no faith being given to how that song is currently presented.

And the point is you can do any of those CD songs a favor by delayering them and they'd actually be better tunes in all likelihood.

Lets just all understand that Melissa is there bc Axl feels someone is needed to be there and do whatever the fuck it is she actually does.  

Is she actually needed?  Obviously not. But, guess what it's not our band to decide. 

But layers are a big part and a main element of CD as an album. You gotta be faithful to the material. And Mellisa is singing the back up vocals better than anyone else. Pitman's CD synths are part of the album like it or not, it's gotta be played live, someone's gotta do it.

If Axl fuckin' hated how Paradise City is played live, you can bet your ass he would tell Mellisa to stop playing it that way.

Edited by Rovim

5 hours ago, Padme said:

Teddy, Tracy, Roberta, Gilby and even Sorum were all additional musicians. And so is Melissa. It doesn't matter if you don't give a fuck about what Axl call them. From Axl's point of view that's what they are. And he is the leader of the band 

Axl was bitter about Sorum and said Gilby was only there to help them with touring cause Izzy bailed. But Matt was never just an "additional musician". He was a big part of the Illusion line up and brought his own style and personality to the band.

Mellisa is a full time band member just like Pitman was. Tracy and Roberta never had Mellisa's status in the band.

Edited by Rovim

22 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Axl was bitter about Sorum and said he was only there to help them with touring cause Izzy bailed. But Matt was never just an "additional musician". He was a big part of the Illusion line up and brought his own style and personality to the band.

Mellisa is a full time band member just like Pitman was. Tracy and Roberta never had Mellisa's status in the band.

I'm not talking about Sorum only. Do you have Live Era? Check the booklet. There are a bunch of names mention under "additional musicians". That's how Axl sees people like Melissa.

Did you see the way Pitman got fired? The guy opened his mouth and the next day he was gone. He was just another hired guy.

Just now, Padme said:

I'm not talking about Sorum only. Do you have Live Era? Check the booklet. There are a bunch of names mention under "additional musicians". That's how Axl sees people like Melissa.

Did you see the way Pitman got fired? The guy opened his mouth and the next day he was gone. He was just another hired guy.

I own Live Era and yes, I'm aware Axl listed Sorum and Gilby under "additional musicians". But that was not long after Sorum and Paul Huge traded some words in front of Axl and he fired his ass.

And Axl never thought Gilby had much to offer as a songwriter for Guns, unlike Slash. How do you know how Axl sees Mellisa? Pitman opened his mouth and got sacked, but he did more in Guns compared to Gilby for example. He was a part of Chinese and was a band member for 20 years. That's not an additional musician.

No matter how Axl viewed Matt, he wasn't just an additional musician. He brought something new to Gn'R, he did many shows with them, he was an important element of the band, even if I prefer Steven.

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

But layers are a big part and a main element of CD as an album. You gotta be faithful to the material. And Mellisa is singing the back up vocals better than anyone else. Pitman's CD synths are part of the album like it or not, it's gotta be played live, someone's gotta do it.

If Axl fuckin' hated how Paradise City is played live, you can bet your ass he would tell Mellisa to stop playing it that way.

Did you even read what I fucking said lol.

Melissa isn't the problem with Paradise City.....the drumming and the fucked up intro are the issue and specifically my point actually as Axl is the one fucking up the intro.  So, he wants to remain "faithful" to the CD material, but just completely fuck the shit up out of PC....ok then, as i said, that is HYPOCRITICAL.  

Edited by tsinindy

Just now, tsinindy said:

Did you even read what I fucking said lol.

Melissa isn't the problem with Paradise City.....the drumming and the fucked up intro are the issue.  

Mostly I don't read what you say, but this time I read some. Still... it applies to the drumming and the fucked up intro as well. If Axl didn't like it or it bothered him enough, I'm sure he could just fuckin' say so and it will get "fixed".

But it's just you disliking it so it basically means nothing. Almost less than nothing.

Just now, Rovim said:

Mostly I don't read what you say, but this time I read some. Still... it applies to the drumming and the fucked up intro as well. If Axl didn't like it or it bothered him enough, I'm sure he could just fuckin' say so and it will get "fixed".

But it's just you disliking it so it basically means nothing. Almost less than nothing.

Read it all, it might actually make sense to you.  Good luck with that though, you're arguing a hypocrtical point of view, which may actually be true, but at the end of the day it is still hypocritical.  As I originally contended, there is no point in this whole thing as it is actually Axl's decision to make.  The point I'm making with you is you're trying to justify what he is doing...why?  He's doing it, he doesn't need you or anyone else to justify it, its his band (not yours).  

Just now, tsinindy said:

Read it all, it might actually make sense to you.  Good luck with that though, you're arguing a hypocrtical point of view, which may actually be true, but at the end of the day it is still hypocritical.  As I originally contended, there is no point in this whole thing as it is actually Axl's decision to make.  The point I'm making with you is you're trying to justify what he is doing...why?  He's doing it, he doesn't need you or anyone else to justify it, its his band (not yours).  

Not trying to justify shit... what are you talking about? Axl hired these people, it makes sense he likes what they bring to the table. We know he has the final say, so if something is not to his liking, he can just tell them it fuckin' sucks.

Stop making it about me, I was just replying to your silly posts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Not trying to justify shit... what are you talking about? Axl hired these people, it makes sense he likes what they bring to the table. We know he has the final say, so if something is not to his liking, he can just tell them it fuckin' sucks.

Stop making it about me, I was just replying to your silly posts.

Justify was probably not the right word choice....explain would be better.   You make it about you, read your own posts.  

Edited by tsinindy

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Justify was probably not the right word choice....explain would be better.   My point is you make it about you, read your own bullshit.  

Again... I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about man. Please clarify what you specifically mean. I kinda think this is you just trying to save face cause you don't have shit to back up your bullshit opinion.

• Like 2

Just now, Rovim said:

Again... I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about man. Please clarify what you specifically mean. I kinda think this is you just trying to save face cause you don't have shit to back up your bullshit opinion.

It's an opinion dude, there is no need to back it up.  Facts get backed up, opinions are discussed.  You've just proven what I was saying, thanks.  

Just now, tsinindy said:

It's an opinion dude, there is no need to back it up.  Facts get backed up, opinions are discussed.  You've just proven what I was saying, thanks.  

What the fuck are you talking about? opinion, position... whatever. I've explained why I disagree, you just try to weasel your way out of the argument cause you have nothing to counter my opinion with. Do you even understand how a discussion works? you don't like to lose, do you? I can tell. Ego driven bullshit. :sleeper:

• Like 3

Just now, Rovim said:

What the fuck are you talking about? opinion, position... whatever. I've explained why I disagree, you just try to weasel your way out of the argument cause you have nothing to counter my opinion with. Do you even understand how a discussion works? you don't like to lose, do you? I can tell. Ego driven bullshit. :sleeper:

I've already countered your opinion and said why, if you didn't read what I said, that is not my problem.   I've read every single word you've said, you just admitted a couple posts ago you read "some" of what I had said....yet my posts are "ego driven bullshit", right ;)