Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 19.1.2017 at 2:40 AM, tsinindy said:

I've already countered your opinion and said why, if you didn't read what I said, that is not my problem.   I've read every single word you've said, you just admitted a couple posts ago you read "some" of what I had said....yet my posts are "ego driven bullshit", right ;)

It's a complete waste of time trying to discuss Gn'R with you. Your method is to make it about me, moving away from the weak shit you have spewed. wink at me all you want, you know what I've said was only logical.

The way Paradise City is played sounds fine to me. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it "wrong" or whatever. Just because I mention Axl has the power to change it if he doesn't like it, doesn't mean I try to justify shit.

What in the world would you do without making it about the person that shows you how silly your posts are? it's all ego with you all the time. At least I back up my claims without making it about you. Weak. Weak and pathetic.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Just now, Rovim said:

The way Paradise City is played sounds fine to me. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it "wrong" or whatever. Just because I mention Axl has the power to change it if he doesn't like it, doesn't mean I try to justify shit.

What in the world would you do without making it about the person that shows you how silly your posts are? it's all ego with you all the time. At least I back up my claims without making it about you. Weak. Pathetic.

I got rid of the bullshit.  As I previously noted, your contention for Melissa's presence was staying "faithful" to the songs.  Ok, fair enough.  If that is so, then why does Axl proceed to remain completely unfaithful to PC by singing over Slash's part in the intro and blowing the whistle at various random times....there's no faith in that.  Comprende?

I said nothing about how it actually sounds or my (or your) opinion of it.   And yes we certainly agree it is Axl's choice to do this, but again via your "explanation" as to why Melissa is needed you are missing the hypocrisy in the reasoning you provide.  You following this now?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I got rid of the bullshit.  As I previously noted, your contention for Melissa's presence was staying "faithful" to the songs.  Ok, fair enough.  If that is so, then why does Axl proceed to remain completely unfaithful to PC by singing over Slash's part in the intro and blowing the whistle at various random times....there's no faith in that.  Comprende?

I said nothing about how it actually sounds or my (or your) opinion of it.   And yes we certainly agree it is Axl's choice to do this, but again via your "explanation" as to why Melissa is needed you are missing the hypocrisy in the reasoning you provide.  You following this now?

Finally. Now we're discussing Gn'R. Why? because he fuckin' feels like it perhaps? I honestly think sometimes he gets confused, misses cues, and sometimes just changes it cause he wants to or because it's a live show and you can get carried away sometimes.

Like there was one show where Axl missed the last chorus in This I Love and Slash did an extended solo. Or how he decided in 2006 that the first line of Nightrain must be sung twice.

He makes adjustments based on his personal preferences or just makes mistakes. I'm following, but I see no hypocrisy... Chinese is the latest album Axl released. He changed Nightrain 10 years ago, it wasn't in his full control before so he wasn't in a position to make as many changes then. I hope you're following.

Edit: also, when I say "you gotta stay faithful to the material" I don't mean you must play it just like the studio version forever. I mean that if it's an album like Chinese, heavy on the synths with many layers, you gotta have someone like Pitman or Mellisa to play those parts live.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

Finally. Now we're discussing Gn'R. Why? because he fuckin' feels like it perhaps? I honestly think sometimes he gets confused, misses cues, and sometimes just changes it cause he wants to or because it's a live show and you can get carried away sometimes.

Like there was one show where Axl missed the last chorus in This I Love and Slash did an extended solo. Or how he decided in 2006 that the first line of Nightrain must be sung twice.

He makes adjustments based on his personal preferences or just makes mistakes. I'm following, but I see no hypocrisy... Chinese is the latest album Axl released. He changed Nightrain 10 years ago, it wasn't in his full control before so he wasn't in a position to make as many changes then. I hope you're following.

I completely follow and very fair and valid points, thank you.  Obviously those that do not consider Melissa is needed on stage, probably also contend CD songs don't need to be played.  I am of that opinion, but I have no real issue with them being played as that is really the bands choice and not mine of course.  I think it would be interesting to hear them played stripped down a bit because I think they would sound better.  This is obviously my opinion and I know you disagree and that's completely fair.  

I will have to disagree with you on Paradise City sounding "fine" though, it is pretty awful compared to what it used to be, intro issues aside, its just....off.   

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I completely follow and very fair and valid points, thank you.  Obviously those that do not consider Melissa is needed on stage, probably also contend CD songs don't need to be played.  I am of that opinion, but I have no real issue with them being played as that is really the bands choice and not mine of course.  I think it would be interesting to hear them played stripped down a bit because I think they would sound better.  This is obviously my opinion and I know you disagree and that's completely fair.  

I will have to disagree with you on Paradise City sounding "fine" though, it is pretty awful compared to what it used to be, intro issues aside, its just....off.   

Fair enough.

7 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Lol why you over analyze every word she said? She doesn't listen to rock music? Lol she makes rock game soundtrack with Brain before she joining Guns. A musician usually listen to every kind of music genre even if they don't like it, And even what's the problem if she doesn't like rock music before? People change over time, money, condition, etc. There's no prerequisite to be in a rock band you have to like rock music.

So many great female musicians out there doesn't really matter, the fact is Melissa is the one that got picked, not them.

you can't even over analyze every word she said b/c she used words like "lit" and "insanely dope", "super dope", "super super rad", "and...yeaahh"...

Like I said, I am a music fan overall...from classic rock to mowtown to bubblegum pop...but if I were an artist I would create what I love best (rock). Sure you could "dabble" in other genres but you would be faking it (as often it's a LIFESTYLE) or you'd be expiermenting...so which one is it?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

you can't even over analyze every word she said b/c she used words like "lit" and "insanely dope", "super dope", "super super rad", "and...yeaahh"...

Like I said, I am a music fan overall...from classic rock to mowtown to bubblegum pop...but if I were an artist I would create what I love best (rock). Sure you could "dabble" in other genres but you would be faking it (as often it's a LIFESTYLE) or you'd be expiermenting...so which one is it?

What's the problem she using that kind of word? You don't judge people the way they talk, she ain't a politician or news columnist like Duff she didn't need all kind of the fake bullshit like when somebody talk to their professor.

Faking or not, that's not a problem, like when you got entry level job you doing every hustle possible to that money, even you didn't like the job you can grown to like it because the reason you didn't like it usually because you're never try it before, what's matter is you do the job properly just like what the boss asked to you.

Music ain't a religion you don't confined to one genre for a lifetime, or get punished if you cheat on it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

Axl likes hip hop and industrial. Buckethead's a huge fan of Michael Jackson. Duff likes Prince and ABBA. Hell, I watched an interview with Steve Jones yesterday where he said he'd go play with the Sex Pistols then go backstage and listen to "More Than A Feeling" :lol: I don't think it's a matter of 'you're either faking it or experimenting', it's just focusing on one of the genres you like. :shrugs:

And she's been making rock music for a while btw, either on soundtracks or with Brain and Buckethead.

• Like 1

Yeah we should riot goddamit!! I was sure they wouldn't release nothing today but it's very irritating at this point that they aren't even able to shoot a one minute video!! I don't think it's too hard to say something in a fucking video!! Slash is more than a year that isn't saying a word...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nightrain92 said:

Yeah we should riot goddamit!! I was sure they wouldn't release nothing today but it's very irritating at this point that they aren't even able to shoot a one minute video!! I don't think it's too hard to say something in a fucking video!! Slash is more than a year that isn't saying a word...

Well, he did talk for a few seconds about six months ago...
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/slash-on-guns-n-tour-reunion-everybodys-getting-along-20160702

14 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

I don't mind Melissa using the words "lit" and "dope" just not around Steven, he'll be chasing the dragon again in no time.

lmao...she really is by far the most annoying person ever though. Yeah, more annoying than Ashba

• Like 3