Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 1/12/2017 at 4:03 PM, Whiskey Rose said:

Poor Dizzy, no respect :lol:

I did like how he said "you have the really strong nucleus of the original band and a strong supporting cast". I like that phrasing a lot.

i have always loved Dizzy, ever since Axl's introduction and Axl calls him Mr. Dizzy Reed 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

Slash's Instagram posts aren't going over very well. He is getting killed. Always a bad business decision to get political. 

from your lips...

18 minutes ago, DIST said:

I wonder if GNR  will protest on their stop in Saudi Arabia where women actually have no rights.  

good question!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

The idea that they should keep their mouths (and twitters and Instagrams) shut really blows my mind. Do you really want them to duck down and toe the line in fear of upsetting someone? How did you even get into them in the first place?

If some artists want to be politically correct so they don't upset anyone and can keep raking in the cash, well then, that is their decision and I respect that. But I don't expect a band like Guns n' Roses (especially with Axl at the head) to bow to what others want them to be and do. I expect them to at least attempt to stay true to themselves and speak up for things they believe in. 

Nobody listens to GNR to get political advice. It would be ballsy for them to be pro Trump. That would be the opposite of everyone else from Hollywood. So, they are simply saying the same talking points that Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow preach. I actually find them to be doing the "hip, cool" thing. But Trump hasn't done anything yet, but where was Slash and Duff their whole damn career when it came time for their political beliefs? They were MIA. Ha.... I prefer to hear some new music and rock out. Even if I agree with them I want them to use their influence in other ways. Charity, the arts, etc. not really impressed. Sure, they CAN say what they want. Doesn't mean anyone has to like it or agree with them and many don't. 

36 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

Nobody listens to GNR to get political advice. It would be ballsy for them to be pro Trump. That would be the opposite of everyone else from Hollywood. So, they are simply saying the same talking points that Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow preach. I actually find them to be doing the "hip, cool" thing. But Trump hasn't done anything yet, but where was Slash and Duff their whole damn career when it came time for their political beliefs? They were MIA. Ha.... I prefer to hear some new music and rock out. Even if I agree with them I want them to use their influence in other ways. Charity, the arts, etc. not really impressed. Sure, they CAN say what they want. Doesn't mean anyone has to like it or agree with them and many don't. 

If you don't agree with them that is fine. What bugs me is that people are saying that they should shut up and not share there beliefs at all.

2 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

I imagine if Slash came out Pro Trump you guys would feel a lot different about this.  But since he is "anti-Trump" its all good... 

I wouldn't. I don't care who they support. They have done plenty of things I disagree with and do not support in the past.

Edited by sanity_lost
  • Like 1