Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

They are saying the same shit the rest of Hollywood/LA is....  they aren't really taking a stand or anything. Their belief is in the majority. All it has done is turned off some of their own fans honestly. No good has come from it. 

So....what?

"MOST DANGEROUS BAND IN THE WORLD", as they hop on the political band wagon of Hollywood and mainstream media. Way to be rebellious GNR LOL. Between the Seeker and their new desire to be the next Rage Against the Machine they will break all sales records and become the most popular band in the history of music. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

"MOST DANGEROUS BAND IN THE WORLD", as they hop on the political band wagon of Hollywood and mainstream media. Way to be rebellious GNR LOL. Between the Seeker and their new desire to be the next Rage Against the Machine they will break all sales records and become the most popular band in the history of music. 

You dont really have a clue what rebellious means, do you?

youre not a rebel if you show support for an egomanic, fascist asshole. Thats just makes you a dumb idiot, not a rebel. Hate to break it for you, fella. Now go cry somewhere else

Edited by xBrownstonex

Just now, RussTCB said:

I spent the last two days avoiding social media as much as possible over this shitshow.

It happens after every election... when Obama won the right freaked out... now that Trump won the Left is freaking out... it just seems louder because the Left gets all the MSN coverage. Both sides suck. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Since when this thread turns into political thread

The problem is Del James and whoever runs the GNR Social Media accounts. It's hard not to have the thread devolve the way it has when their social media is linked so closely with politics. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

That's fine. Guns N' Roses stopped being Guns N' Roses looooong time ago. :shrugs:

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The problem is Del James and whoever runs the GNR Social Media accounts. It's hard not to have the thread devolve the way it has when their social media is linked so closely with politics. 

Del shouldnt be on the damn feed

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

This post can't be serious, I need to believe it isn't.

So GNR is supposed to go "against the mainstream" even if that means going against themselves and their own opinions? How extremely stupid would that be? They're human beings with opinions, not your fn' puppets.

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not really. The problem is the stupid people who can't just disagree with the band but need to cry about them every single time they express their opinion (which isn't even often, when was the last time Slash had posted something about this?). The only ones who are constantly talking about Trump are Del James and Richard Fortus, but who cares about them anyway?

• Like 1

GN'R are probably the most racist and misogynist band to have ever graced the world stage. I would have thought a front man who treats women like garbage, covered a Charles Manson song, and sung about ''immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s'' would be a keen Trump supporter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I agree and I don't at the same time :lol:

I say this as someone who dislikes Trump

The dude is Axl's friend. He doesn't even do much as a tour manager or whatever. He has never offered exclusive news or anything. Cut the fat, there is ZERO reason for him to be on there. All he does is spam the same political message over and over. There is a thread for politics, this isnt a political forum. It is annoying seeing the same shit everytime I open the site and then see it spilling in threads. I come here to get away from politics. Im sure it is nonstop all we have been hearing about for months now.

3 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

The feed should be only band members imo.

This

• Like 3

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

The dude is Axl's friend. He doesn't even do much as a tour manager or whatever. He has never offered exclusive news or anything. Cut the fat, there is ZERO reason for him to be on there. All he does is spam the same political message over and over. There is a thread for politics, this isnt a political forum. It is annoying seeing the same shit everytime I open the site and then see it spilling in threads. I come here to get away from politics. Im sure it is nonstop all we have been hearing about for months now.

His job was once labelled ''official band biographer'' which merely raises the question, where is the biography?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

GN'R are probably the most racist and misogynist band to have ever graced the world stage. I would have thought a front man who treats women like garbage, covered a Charles Manson song, and sung about ''immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s'' would be a keen Trump supporter.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I can dig that but it's kind of a no-win for us. Even if we took Del out of the feed, it would still get discussed plus the actual GN'R feed is starting with this shit now so it doesn't matter much.

Trust me when I tell you I'm as or more irritated with it than you. There just doesn't seem to be anyway around it for the moment. That's before you consider the fact that even with the Trump posts weren't a thing, this thread will still be filled with people arguing the merits or lack thereof of using words like "Rad"