Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

"We love you so much Steven, which is why we want to keep you as far away from this tour as possible", lol. Adler rocked for the few shows he got to play. Wish he was at every date and played all of AFD. What a blown opportunity by Axl, let's face it. It was Axl's call. Slash is the ONLY reason Adler got to play the dates he did play. 

44 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Happy birthday Stevie. Might throw you a two song scrap when we play in Europe''.

Maybe he can't handle drumming duties more than that right now due to his back, it's not an easy job, it's hard on your body. Ask your question at his Reddit AMA if you really want to know, there's no point in just straight up accounting Axl for this, we don't know the background why it's this way, we can only assume.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smoking guns said:

Nobody listens to GNR to get political advice. It would be ballsy for them to be pro Trump. That would be the opposite of everyone else from Hollywood. So, they are simply saying the same talking points that Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow preach. I actually find them to be doing the "hip, cool" thing. But Trump hasn't done anything yet, but where was Slash and Duff their whole damn career when it came time for their political beliefs? They were MIA. Ha.... I prefer to hear some new music and rock out. Even if I agree with them I want them to use their influence in other ways. Charity, the arts, etc. not really impressed. Sure, they CAN say what they want. Doesn't mean anyone has to like it or agree with them and many don't. 

6 hours ago, smoking guns said:

"MOST DANGEROUS BAND IN THE WORLD", as they hop on the political band wagon of Hollywood and mainstream media. Way to be rebellious GNR LOL. Between the Seeker and their new desire to be the next Rage Against the Machine they will break all sales records and become the most popular band in the history of music. 

21 hours ago, DIST said:

Cause Guns N Roses were such gentlemen to women. 

:facepalm:

15 hours ago, Billsfan said:
  • This. Everything they've stood for is practically pro-trump. Axl has a walking stick of a guy doing worse to a woman than anything Trumps said. But hey, I want cheap likes and need something to prove so I'll blindly argue people and say trumps a jerk :lol:
20 hours ago, DIST said:

I wonder if GNR  will protest on their stop in Saudi Arabia where women actually have no rights.  

What I consider 'ballsy' for musicians and other artists is: 1) to say what they believe, regardless of the popularity of their opinion (rebelliousness doesn't depend on this, but anyway I don't think that being "pro" or "anti" Trump has anything to do with rebellion), and not shut up or be diplomatic in order not to displease a portion of their fans; even better, not just speak, but act as well. 2) to criticize, first of all and before anything else, their own government's actions and policies, whether (in the case of the U.S) it's Trump or Hillary or Obama etc (this principle goes for all people and not just artists or celebrities).

Of course the compatibility between words and actions, present and past, is always under judgement. However, actions don't include song lyrics, which are an artistic expression and should be judged only as such; moreover, putting a rock band on a par with a politician, let alone someone who happens to be the new US president, and using the same measure of judgement, is invalid and ridiculous.

Some time ago, Axl had posted something about the oppression of women in Iran. I wasn't in this board then and I wonder if there was any reaction here, especially by the same people who now bring up Axl's past with women and the band's sexism simply because they don't like the band's current political stance; something tells me that there wasn't.

As for the situation for women in UAE and Saudi Arabia (which is much worse than in Iran), sure, it would be good if the band said something about that as well, but without forgetting to mention that Saudi Arabia is a long time US ally and that US governments have had no problem in supporting dictatorships and oppressive regimes when they are their allies.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

Their political music has a mixed record. So if they are going write music with political views first they have to make up their minds. As for social media, I don't mind them talking about current events. My problem is that it's pretty much the ONLY thing they talk about. I think we all know what fans are concerned about like new music, Izzy or the future of the band. I would really appreciate if they address those issues once in a while. Or just things in their every day life. For example recomend a book or movie. Axl used to post about T.V. shows he was watching. A picture of some place the have visited recently aside from cities where they perform.

lol at some people on this forum.. oh Axl did something stupid to some chick 30 years ago, lets NEVER EVER in a million years forget that! :facepalm: people can change and their opinion and values can change!

And that talk about UAE and women rights compare to Iran.. are you fucking kidding me? Iran is much much more conservative towards women and their rights than UAE. My sister lived in Dubai for a couple of years and i have friends there, and its NOT forbidden to hold hands and other stupid things mentioned in this thread. Women there are much more "free" than other middle east countries. I'm not saying UAE treats women as good as many of the western countries but still..

Sorry for OT but i had to reply on that one.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

lol at some people on this forum.. oh Axl did something stupid to some chick 30 years ago, lets NEVER EVER in a million years forget that! :facepalm: people can change and their opinion and values can change!

Out of likes and I am female. Things were way different back then, it was truly Sex, Drugs and rock n' roll. Not saying it was right, but I don't hold it against him. :P

51 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

What was done in the past can't be undone or erased, but yes, the fact that Axl hasn't done it again since can't be overlooked, and present time (along with a recent past of several years) weighs more than the remote past in order to judge someone for what he says now.

--------

Also, since this subject is brought up again, Axl is not the only original member of the band who abused women in the past, something that most people seem to forget.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

What was done in the past can't be undone or erased, but yes, the fact that Axl hasn't done it again since can't be overlooked, and present time (along with a recent past of several years) weighs more than the remote past in order to judge someone for what he says now.

--------

Also, since this subject is brought up again, Axl is not the only original member of the band who abused women in the past, something that most people seem to forget.

Out of likes.;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Maybe he can't handle drumming duties more than that right now due to his back, it's not an easy job, it's hard on your body. Ask your question at his Reddit AMA if you really want to know, there's no point in just straight up accounting Axl for this, we don't know the background why it's this way, we can only assume.

He plays entire shows on his own, doesn't seem to be a problem and you make a good point that as fans, we probably sholdn't have to feed off the scraps of an Adler Reddit AMA to know the answer to this question, where he probably won't answer any questions like this anyways.  

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

He plays entire shows on his own, doesn't seem to be a problem and you make a good point that as fans, we probably sholdn't have to feed off the scraps of an Adler Reddit AMA to know the answer to this question, where he probably won't answer any questions like this anyways.  

"Axl's Band"

"Frank's been there since...."

"Axl's Band"

"Fired in 1990"

"Can't handle tour"

"Falling of the wagon"

"Axl's Band"

Many to pick from -except - "Frank is better"

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

"Axl's Band"

"Frank's been there since...."

"Axl's Band"

"Fired in 1990"

"Can't handle tour"

"Falling of the wagon"

"Axl's Band"

Many to pick from -except - "Frank is better"

Those people who say he can't handle a tour are the best. He played the entire AFD tour coked out his ass and on heroin, and played like an ace. But they never want to mention that. He only couldn't make a couple shows due to his hand. And now he's not on any drugs, which should make his playing even more reliable, and if anything, this is the time "falling off the wagon" is the least likely.

He didn't even have a reason to sober up when it seemed impossible Axl and Slash would ever play again, and he didn't many years, but in the end he did it anyways, before he even know this was going to happen. GNR are shooting themselves in the foot if they are leaving out Adler for anything other than health reasons (his back basically). In a couple of days we hopefully know more.

Besides it would be an absolute dick move to leave him out just because "Frank". The guy went through hell due to his addiction and the grief it caused him and his hearts ass is probably feeling like it spent a week in jail.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

12 hours ago, DIST said:

You go to jail for kissing in public or holding hands. Malls have sharia law women can't wear anything above the knee. 

Seems pretty shitty for women. 

The kissing in public and holding hands thing is a shitty thing for both men and women, though I've done both with a girl in public in Abu Dhabi, so... :shrugs:

Plenty of women in short shorts in UAE malls. Hell, my own sister would wear them at the mall in Abu Dhabi. Not saying it's a great place, I've never been too fond of it, have no desire to go back, and don't think I'm even allowed in the country any more :P But it's really not on the same level as Saudi or Iran, even if that's not saying a lot. My dad got a job offer about 10 years ago in Saudi for about double the pay and my mum put her foot down and said no so we didn't go, and quite rightly, too. If the UAE was really under strict shariah law I don't think you'd see British footballers and their Wives And Girlfriends going there for their beach holidays, as the Daily Mail is all too fond of reporting every other week. I distinctly remember the Rocket Queen screen video with the models being uncensored during GNR's gigs there.

Edited by Amir
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Those people who say he can't handle a tour are the best. He played the entire AFD tour coked out his ass and on heroin, and played like an ace. But they never want to mention that. He only couldn't make a couple shows due to his hand. And now he's not on any drugs, which should make his playing even more reliable, and if anything, this is the time "falling off the wagon" is the least likely.

He didn't even have a reason to sober up when it seemed impossible Axl and Slash would ever play again, and he didn't many years, but in the end he did it anyways, before he even know this was going to happen. GNR are shooting themselves in the foot if they are leaving out Adler for anything other than health reasons (his back basically). In a couple of days we hopefully know more.

Besides it would be an absolute dick move to leave him out just because "Frank". The guy went through hell due to his addiction and the grief it caused him and his hearts ass is probably feeling like it spent a week in jail.

And the fact that he didn't relapse after the back injury shows he's doing better than ever and is determined to stay clean for good.

Leaving aside how much I love the guy, I have mad respect for the way he was finally able to turn his life around. He seems to be in the best place he's ever been in his life. Hopefully, at some point his dream will come true and he'll be back where he belongs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

And the fact that he didn't relapse after the back injury shows he's doing better than ever and is determined to stay clean for good.

Leaving aside how much I love the guy, I have mad respect for the way he was finally able to turn his life around. He seems to be in the best place he's ever been in his life. Hopefully, at some point his dream will come true and he'll be back where he belongs.

Frank leaving the band would help that

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kmartin9928 said:

That's bad news for Axl..I guess he won't be picking up any Dubai models..???

Slash and Meghan will have to stay in different hotel rooms if she goes..

There is some really scary stuff going on in Different parts of the world...makes me thankful to be an American. And it's ridiculous to protest what I've been s lucky to be a part of considering the stress others have to wake up to every day in other parts of the world. Marching to winning a million dollars versus my neighbor winning 5 million isn't a good thing even though it's the trend but...I did like Buckethead so, to each their own.

I'm very excited for Izzy's next post.... I really hope it's GNR related because I miss that speculation. Even if a clueless wannabe female fan thught she saw him at a hotel which she obviously didn't which my girl emy knows :P 

Edited by Billsfan