Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

54 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

The weak link must be Dizzy. There's always been a second keyboardist on stage with him.

GNR needs two on keys because evidently he can't do the job Axl demands all by himself. It doesn't matter what the second one looks like, how they speak or move. Melissa is preferable to Pitman. Teddy Zig Zag's most memorable moments came when he stepped from behind the keyboards for Bad Obsession.

No Dizzy is not the weak link. There's plenty of songs that require both piano/keyboards and synthesisers and various harmonies at the same time. Dizzy only has 2 hands, it requires more than one person to present an authentic and complete version of the songs live.

It might seem unnecessary to some but obviously not to Axl.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AlexC said:

No Dizzy is not the weak link. There's plenty of songs that require both piano/keyboards and synthesisers and various harmonies at the same time. Dizzy only has 2 hands, it requires more than one person to present an authentic and complete version of the songs live.

It might seem unnecessary to some but obviously not to Axl.

What do you mean by "plenty of songs"? The AFD and Lies songs don't requirre any piano, keyboards least of all synths, just a few songs from UYI and CD. So that leave us with NR, Estranged, Better, CD and TIL. You could add Coma for the sound effects. I wouldn't call that "plenty". And I think Dizzy can handle piano and synths when necessary. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Padme said:

What do you mean by "plenty of songs"? The AFD and Lies songs don't requirre any piano, keyboards least of all synths, just a few songs from UYI and CD. So that leave us with NR, Estranged, Better, CD and TIL. You could add Coma for the sound effects. I wouldn't call that "plenty". And I think Dizzy can handle piano and synths when necessary. 

I agree. Yet, Axl has been touring for more than 15 years with a second keyboard player, and has somehow convinced himself that the sub bass is fundamental for the band's sound... :lol:.

Still, I would love to see Melissa more involved in some AFD or UYI songs, like YCBM or Rocket Queen. Those songs were taken to the next level with Pitman on 2002 imo, until he became Mr. Useless

17 minutes ago, Padme said:

You must be didn't hear Axl's vegas in ear monitor videos yet, Dizzy play piano on Nightrain, SCOM, DC, and Patience, play organ on ISE, YCBM, OTGM, Michelle, PC, and second part of RQ.

It was obvious that Axl like what he playing because he was loud as hell in Axl's monitor but not on live mix.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

You must be didn't hear Axl's vegas in ear monitor videos yet, Dizzy play piano on Nightrain, SCOM, DC, and Patience, play organ on ISE, YCBM, OTGM, Michelle, PC, and second part of RQ.

It was obvious that Axl like what he playing because he was loud as hell in Axl's monitor but not on live mix.

Yes but those songs don't need piano. Axl can add it if he feels like it. But that doesn't mean piano is mandatory for SCOM or YCBM 

2 hours ago, Padme said:

How could he possibly play them both simultaneously? It's physically impossible. He'd have to sacrifice one for the other and have one on a loop track. Obviously Axl prefers it to be genuine.

Also, BONGOS! :o

2 hours ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Still, I would love to see Melissa more involved in some AFD or UYI songs, like YCBM or Rocket Queen. Those songs were taken to the next level with Pitman on 2002 imo, until he became Mr. Useless

What?  No!  The beauty of these songs is their simplicity, not complicated layering of sounds.  Dizzy and Melissa pretty much shouldn't even be on stage for any AFD stuff.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AlexC said:

How could he possibly play them both simultaneously? It's physically impossible. He'd have to sacrifice one for the other and have one on a loop track. Obviously Axl prefers it to be genuine.

Also, BONGOS! :o

Yeah songs would be better off without synth. Just use it in a couple of songs

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vloors said:

All she does is jump around and pretend to press things into a unplugged computer. Shes admited she is a urban girl and doesn't like rock then why are you there??? 

She talks like an idiot teenager and has nothing rock about her. She does not fit in the band and am still trying to figure out why else is she considered a member. The lighting guy does more so is he also a member?? It mindfoggling. 

If she was 50 years old like the other members in the band with the same aghh *talent* as she has now would she still be there as a member. Nope.

Shes only there for looks or to make the band look *hip* for a younger market. 

If they added a strong talented rock female musician that could bring more to the table i wouldnt have a issue.

So basically just because you don't like her makes it ok for you to say sexist things about her? It's ok not to like her, but saying things like "she's only in the band because she gives head to Axl" sounds super douche-y to me.

I like her, you don't. Let's move on :)

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, vloors said:

All she does is jump around and pretend to press things into a unplugged computer. Shes admited she is a urban girl and doesn't like rock then why are you there??? 

She talks like an idiot teenager and has nothing rock about her. She does not fit in the band and am still trying to figure out why else is she considered a member. The lighting guy does more so is he also a member?? It mindfoggling. 

If she was 50 years old like the other members in the band with the same aghh *talent* as she has now would she still be there as a member. Nope.

Shes only there for looks or to make the band look *hip* for a younger market. 

If they added a strong talented rock female musician that could bring more to the table i wouldnt have a issue.

How do you know that she's not talented? I mean what exactly would you want her to do on stage, to convince you that she is talented? Add more effects to the songs? I'm sure she would do that, if it was up to her, but I don't think she's allowed to do that. Personally I'll reserve my judgement until they release a new album. Before that, we don't really know how good of a songwriter she is.

Oh and she never said that she doesn't like rock. She just said that she wasn't exactly a rock chick. Meaning that she gravitated more towards so called urban music. But that doesn't mean that she wouldn't like rock music too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Guys, calm down and be nice, please!

EDIT: I've cleaned up the last few pages of this thread. Back on topic. If you're grown up enough to write in sentences, you can do it without resorting to discussing metaphorical or literal oral sex between GNR members. Firstly, because it is beyond offensive to the band (especially Melissa), with very little reason for it… and secondly we've just had two pages where the word "cocksucker" has been in every post… and that doesn't constitute positive discussion. 

Thanks...I tried to point that out but did not get very far... out of likes.;)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Guys, calm down and be nice, please!

secondly we've just had two pages where the word "cocksucker" has been in every post… and that doesn't constitute positive discussion. 

Well aren't you a Debbie Downer :)

just kidding!

• Like 2