Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Chinese Democracy was surely underrated and probably did not break even, however it did hit platinum in many countries. That being said, any album with Slash and Duff on it is likely to be a success, and with their involvement, i don't think things will be entirely like Chinese Democracy. Similarly, with Frank, Richard and Melissa's involvement, i don't think things will be like AFD or UYI either. I think this current lineup has the potential to venture further into interesting territory, although i do maintain hope that Steven and Izzy find their way on the album in some form.

I really hope they get Izzy and Steven involved :) But they shouldn't get too much into synth, overproduced and overburbs territory. That won't do any good to the album

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Most don't consider the CD years Guns N' Roses.. And the classic line ups technically did not have  two keyboard players since the UYI tour. That a tour started without out one and ended without out one during the Skin N' Bones tour.. They did the whole bloated biker short tour with the singers, trumpets and Teddy to do something different and then stripped it right back down because it got old. That Skin N' Bones tour was perfect too. And  Teddy wasn't a band member and wasn't onstage looking like he was having a seizure the whole show when he wasn't needed. He was out there for a couple songs and then went back stage where he belonged. They sounded outstanding that Skin N' Bones tour too. This chick is so not needed, is highly annoying to a lot of people and looks like a moron up there. Most Guns fans bailed on GnR during the CD years because it was a bloated joke. People were just hoping that they could revert back closer to their old school bad ass, stripped down rock n roll form.. Which they did some what by dropping the not needed 3rd guitarist. Thank God.. They should drop her too.. 

Teddy was around at the start of the UYI tour, no? Being backstage/far off to the side doesn't mean there weren't 2 keyboards. I don't disagree that the stripped down Skin N Bones tour was awesome but the majority of the UYI tour had a band the same size as now.

As far as appearance goes, I really don't care whether she looks like a skinny smurf or a 400 lb Chinese dude as long as she sounds good, and IMO she sounds better than Pitman/Tracy/Roberta as far as backing vocals go.

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Similarly, with Frank, Richard and Melissa's involvement

What an awful visual.. The Smurfs contributions are not needed but will be minimal.. I don't think the style of Fortus is very Guns at all.. But Franks contributions more than anything is just a terrifying thought.. I hate his drumming... He sounds so out of place in this band..

18 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Teddy was around at the start of the UYI tour, no? Being backstage/far off to the side doesn't mean there weren't 2 keyboards. I don't disagree that the stripped down Skin N Bones tour was awesome but the majority of the UYI tour had a band the same size as now.

As far as appearance goes, I really don't care whether she looks like a skinny smurf or a 400 lb Chinese dude as long as she sounds good, and IMO she sounds better than Pitman/Tracy/Roberta as far as backing vocals go.

Nahh Teddy and all them weren't there at the beginning at the UYI tour.  When I say backstage, I am not saying they were backstage playing instruments. He went backstage and probably smoked weed and drank until his songs came up then came out to play Harmonica and keyboards on his couple of songs. Like Tracy and Roberta, they weren't back stage singing. When they were contributing, they were in stage. She just bounces around having a seizure the whole show when not doing anything most of the time (not that I want her to do anything). It is just very Milli Vanilli. If she is needed for CD songs, come out and play the CD songs then go backstage and snap chat or whatever she does until they "need" her for something. 

1 minute ago, Asia said:

The fact that it has come to this.... that little girls are opening for guns n'fucking roses is seriously depressing for me...

Why? Baby Metal is the highest charting japanese band ever. Why is it depressing seeing them open for GNR? It's especially surprising since you're female yourself. Shouldn't you be happy that rock bands fronted by girls can be so successful these days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Why? Baby Metal is the highest charting japanese band ever. Why is it depressing seeing them open for GNR? It's especially surprising since you're female yourself. Shouldn't you be happy that rock bands fronted by girls can be so successful these days.

They freakin' rock too. I'd love to go to a show.

13 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I think we should give Reese a chance to see what she can do creatively before entirely writing her off. That said, i think she is much better than Pitman in almost every way. Even though she has the same job, her vocals fit better, and at least she isn't swinging a towel around. She also appears to be much less arrogant than Pitman. Some of you will say that Guns should just have one keyboardist, or none at all. But if they are to have two, i would much prefer Reese than Pitman.

They need 2 if they are going to continue to cover CD material and future songs.

Dizzy - Keyboards Melissa - Keys and Programming

Didn't Babymetal play Wembley stadium recently? Even you don't like their music that's pretty impressive for their age. Plus, there really isn't anything out there like them right now. I'm not really a fan myself but you have to give them some props for being creative and doing their own thing. :shrugs:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

But these are not women, these are children! Or are those women?

And it is depressing because back in the day noone would let any children bands into a GN'R show. Now, it seems, the most dangerous band in the world is as dangerous as the morning portion of milk...

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

And it is depressing because back in the day noone would let any children bands into a GN'R show. Now, it seems, the most dangerous band in the world is as dangerous as the morning portion of milk...

2014 they actually had kids open for them haha

9 minutes ago, Asia said:

Two of the girls are apparently 17 and the other one is 19. Slash and Steven were 20 when they joined GN'R so I wouldn't really call them children ;) 

18 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Two of the girls are apparently 17 and the other one is 19. Slash and Steven were 20 when they joined GN'R so I wouldn't really call them children ;) 

Oh, then definitely not, they look so young I thought they were like 12 or something :lol:

• Like 1

these people that always keep on "back in the day" "on my time" "in 92 they wouldn't do this and that" wake the fuck up, is 2017, time changes, if you don't like who is in the band, get off the GNR car, if you don't like who's opening for them, don't watch the opening act but please, stop saying so many shit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nahh Teddy and all them weren't there at the beginning at the UYI tour.  When I say backstage, I am not saying they were backstage playing instruments. He went backstage and probably smoked weed and drank until his songs came up then came out to play Harmonica and keyboards on his couple of songs. Like Tracy and Roberta, they weren't back stage singing. When they were contributing, they were in stage. She just bounces around having a seizure the whole show when not doing anything most of the time (not that I want her to do anything). It is just very Milli Vanilli. If she is needed for CD songs, come out and play the CD songs then go backstage and snap chat or whatever she does until they "need" her for something. 

I could've sworn I've seen bootlegs from '91 with Teddy off to the side with keyboards but maybe I'm thinking of '92 shows. Either way though, if you find Melissa annoying, just focus on someone else? I'm waiting for some full soundboard shows to leak to hear what she actually does most of the time, but she doesn't bother me. At the shows I'm watching Axl and Slash most of the time. 

• Like 1

This is almost off-topic but I feel the need to remind some people: Chinese Democracy, an album given away for free on MySpace before release, an album that had half of its content leaked years prior, and an album that was sold exclusively at Best Buy in the US -- managed to chart at number 3 against Kanye West and Taylor Swift! It also, had zero promotion from the band or label.

• Like 4

if ppl would get off the train for not likeing who is in the band nowdays, not many would be on board that train, just sayin...

also, that Baby Metal...if that really played in a venue bigger than club outside Japan...

and yes...under 18 means CHILDREN...as if Hanson's opened up for GNR '95, if the band had existed back then.

over and out!

Edited by shotsfired cro

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I could've sworn I've seen bootlegs from '91 with Teddy off to the side with keyboards but maybe I'm thinking of '92 shows. Either way though, if you find Melissa annoying, just focus on someone else? I'm waiting for some full soundboard shows to leak to hear what she actually does most of the time, but she doesn't bother me. At the shows I'm watching Axl and Slash most of the time. 

Teddy, Tracy and Roberta came on board late in 1991, when Gilby made his debut with the band.