Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Her backing vocals are over rated too and certainly not needed. She might sound ok on a ballad or two but not needed.. These same songs sounded fine with Izzy, Duff, Gibly and Matt doing backups.. Apparently Fortus and Frank can't pick up that slack.

Or again, have her come out for the 2 songs she is "needed". She doesn't need to be flopping around like a blue meathead the whole show. 

Cool ranch dressing? 

Okay.  You win.  I will have her removed from the band.

No need to discuss further.  You can buy her keyboard on eBay next week.

now can you get on with your life?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Didn't Babymetal play Wembley stadium recently? Even you don't like their music that's pretty impressive for their age. Plus, there really isn't anything out there like them right now. I'm not really a fan myself but you have to give them some props for being creative and doing their own thing. :shrugs:

And his thing is... jumping? They didn't play any instrument or sing (i mean the 3 girls) during the time i resisted watching that crap. I haven't heard any other thing from them, but that was pretty lame.

Tracey, Roberta, Teddy and the Horns were a 'backing band'. At no point were they promoted as being in Guns N' Roses. Melissa is considered, or at least promoted as, Guns N' Roses. (Gilby and Matt, despite some Rosey revisionism, were considered GN'R at the time also).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I could've sworn I've seen bootlegs from '91 with Teddy off to the side with keyboards but maybe I'm thinking of '92 shows.

No, you did.. They did both in 91.. I may have actually seen the first show with all the extras and shit... It was Gilby's first show anyway and it was the end of 91.. Did Izzy every do a show with all the extras? Mind is slipping right now

11 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

No, you did.. They did both in 91.. I may have actually seen the first show with all the extras and shit... It was Gilby's first show anyway and it was the end of 91.. Did Izzy every do a show with all the extras? Mind is slipping right now

I think I just remembered some shows wrong, they played Philadelphia twice in '91 for example and I was remembering this stage set-up as being the earlier one, but I don't think Izzy ever played with the 'big band'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nope, the extras came in after his last gig at Wembley and by the time of Izzy's 1993 return they were gone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

these people that always keep on "back in the day" "on my time" "in 92 they wouldn't do this and that" wake the fuck up, is 2017, time changes, if you don't like who is in the band, get off the GNR car, if you don't like who's opening for them, don't watch the opening act but please, stop saying so many shit

some valium maybe? getting so wired up about smbd's posts on a message board is unhealthy...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Juventino said:

Nope, the extras came in after his last gig at Wembley and by the time of Izzy's 1993 return they were gone.

Very cool thanks.. So my first Gn'R show was the first one with Gilby and the first  with Tracy, Roberta and Teddy. That is some history right there ;) 

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Best Patience ever

I remember seeing this live.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, AlexC said:

It's funny how times change. 2 years ago if you were given the option of having Slash and Duff back on the condition of having a female keyboardist join the band you'd all be like "So, you mean we get Slash and Duff back! AND on top of all that... Pitman is gone? FUCK YEAAAHHHH!!!!" *passes out with happiness*

But now you've all assimilated. It's all "she's useless and has stupid hair Waaaaahhhh!"

I don't like the useless position regardless of who it is.  As soon as I saw her setup for the Troubadour I was like WTF??? I was hoping they fired Pitman and just eliminated the position. It just reeks NuGuns... Then when she was unveiled it was even worse. She is just as much of a clown as Pitman.. Just in different ways. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexC said:

It's funny how times change. 2 years ago if you were given the option of having Slash and Duff back on the condition of having a female keyboardist join the band you'd all be like "So, you mean we get Slash and Duff back! AND on top of all that... Pitman is gone? FUCK YEAAAHHHH!!!!" *passes out with happiness*

But now you've all assimilated. It's all "she's useless and has stupid hair Waaaaahhhh!"

Back in 2006, Axl looked and sounded amazing. Intact now when I look back at some of those performances by Axl I am absolutely blown away but I still remember people were cribbing about Axl's performances and comparing them to the 80's. Now the same people crib about the current incarnation and praise the 2006 performances. 

Enjoy what you have. Nothing lasts forever. 

33 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The initial delirium of Axl N' Slash would always have dissipated in time, and you are always going to ask the question about Izzy and Steven. Rose's view on Guns seems to be as a NIN operation, with himself as a sort of chessmaster rearranging the pieces. Only Axl for instance could say that he ''wanted Slash to play on two songs on Chinese'' without a trace of irony. Our view is of the 'Appetite five'', a glorious band of brothers. The two are at odds.

A glorious band of brothers? Sounds a bit delusional to me.

Just now, gooner14 said:

Back in 2006, Axl looked and sounded amazing. Intact now when I look back at some of those performances by Axl I am absolutely blown away but I still remember people were cribbing about Axl's performances and comparing them to the 80's. Now the same people crib about the current incarnation and praise the 2006 performances. 

Enjoy what you have. Nothing lasts forever. 

Wait, what? I don't understand.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It probably is but I think that is how most people see the Appetite era.

So you'd rather have just the original 5 playing AFD songs and abandoning all of their post Appetite stuff like November Rain, Estranged etc. and their more ambitious material? And if they were to release new music you wouldn't want Richard, Dizzy, Frank and Melissa involved at all?

I'm sure a lot of people's answer would be yes and I can see why but I'd actually prefer them to progress and not repeat something that can't be replicated.

Edited by AlexC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexC said:

It's not just about having Slash and Duff back. If they play One Direction songs nobody would be happy about it, not even you. 

This current line up despite having Slash and Duff they still have things that could be different or better. No just Melissa but also Frank, Richard, the set list, the managers, the lack of proper communication or no new album on the horizon. 

If things look great for you, that's fine. But not everyone shares your point of view

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AlexC said:

So you'd rather have just the original 5 playing AFD songs and abandoning all of their post Appetite stuff like November Rain, Estranged etc. and their more ambitious material? And if they were to release new music you wouldn't want Richard, Dizzy, Frank and Melissa involved at all?

Where the heck did I say that?

1 minute ago, Padme said:

It's not just about having Slash and Duff back. If they play One Direction songs nobody would be happy about it, not even you. 

This current line up despite having Slash and Duff they still have things that could be different or better. No just Melissa but also Frank, Richard, the set list, the managers, the lack of proper communication or no new album on the horizon. 

If things look great for you, that's fine. But not everyone shares your point of view

Of course and I have no problem with that. It just seems more often than not like spoilt children reactions.