Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

21 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Well he did allegedly have Slash on Axl's enemy list as of 2008. lol But honestly, this just shows Fernando's true character. When Slash wasn't around (and he didn't know him personally) he freely talked shit about Slash. But now that Axl and Slash are on good terms again Slash is a legend and teaching Fernando so much? C'mon... :rolleyes:

Same thing with Del James

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Why? He didnt know Slash all those years. Now that he does, how does them getting along equal cringe worthy? 

He should have been impartial then. Instead he supported the hatred towards Slash just because it was Axl's feeling at that time.

4 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Well he did allegedly have Slash on Axl's enemy list as of 2008. lol But honestly, this just shows Fernando's true character. When Slash wasn't around (and he didn't know him personally) he freely talked shit about Slash. But now that Axl and Slash are on good terms again Slash is a legend and teaching Fernando so much? C'mon... :rolleyes:

Slash talked shit about Axl. I´m sorry, but I´m not a big fan of Slash.

29 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Don't get the hate for the Fernando Insta post. He has only known Slash since the reunion and is clearly impressed by him, as we all probably would be too.

Some poeple say he used to talk shit about Slash. If that's true, they're right and Fernando is an idiot but I personally don't recall reading/hearing Fernando talking shit about Slash.

4 hours ago, starlight said:

He should have been impartial then. Instead he supported the hatred towards Slash just because it was Axl's feeling at that time.

If you didnt notice this throughout the years, but you're either with Axl or not. The last thing Fernando was gonna do was piss off the guy who's solely responsible for him having a good life by remaining impartial. Axl cut off ties with anyone with a relationship to Slash. 

Its not too far fetched that now that he actually knows him, he has come to the conclusion that Slash is a person with qualities to admire and is not as bad as Axl made him out to be for nearly 20 years. 

Edited by NicDwolfwood
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Didn't mind cunting him off for a few years when it was in your interest though eh?

It's funny, because he did it until he worked directly with him, and got to know him personally. Everyone that's worked with him has nothing but good things to say about him. Except Axl for a time, and even he's changed his tune these days. Every music he gets involved with, he makes better.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Don't get the hate for the Fernando Insta post. He has only known Slash since the reunion and is clearly impressed by him, as we all probably would be too.

I can only speak for myself. I don't hate that post. The problem is I find it random and out of context. And when he starts with "this legend" Yes, Slash is a legend. But he wasn't a legend for Fernando not so long ago. The "your calmness and understanding has taugth me more than you know"  It sounds very poetic but it's a head scratcher.

If Fernando wants to post that he got to know Slash and they are friends now. That's good news. But he could've used other words.

• Like 1

What if Axl and Slash being sworn enemies was just a conspiracy theory this whole time? Maybe they just had artistic differences and it was as simple as that.

I heard the comedian Bert Kreisher tell a story about when he worked for MTV in '96 and got to interview Slash. The GNR split had just been announced and he was told not to bring it up. But Slash was willing to talk about it. Bert said Slash told him- and I can't stress how much I'm paraphrasing- but the jist was they just grew apart as people once they got money. When you are poor, you stick together. Once making it He just wanted to play rock n roll, drink, etc. Axl wanted to do yoga, live in Malibu, explore consciousness, etc. Slash just wanted to party.

it seems like there is some credence to that considering the vastly different career styles after the initial breakup.Off the cuff comments from both camps over the years have probably been taken out of context. Based off jimmy kimmels recent interview, he thought Axl and Slash would eventually bury the hatchet. That was his impression in 2011. There is clearly the humor of the whole situation too with the name of the tour.

so I find myself subscribing more and more to the theory they were just different people. The truth will find a way. Its always darkest before the light. When you start getting theories on Michael Jackson moleststions and Axl being hurt by Slash performing with him you know the truth is looming.

Also They were kids then- It's not like the groundwork was laid by many people in their career on how to act. They were cartagraphing that shit as it happened just like bands did before them. They are probably lucky to be alive.

so don't take it too seriously. Slash is a great guitarist. Axl told Loder in 99 that finding a replacement for Slash was nearly impossible because of talent. But it's fun to throw gossip around about Fernando and those people because I don't know them right!?

I also understand it's fun to gossip as we all live pretty shallow lives in comparison to all these people we talk about. One paycheck of theirs could change most of our years/lives, materially speaking. So in one way they play the roll of king and it's just like us peasants to gossip and critique their every move! Helps to pass the time!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sprite said:

What if Axl and Slash being sworn enemies was just a conspiracy theory this whole time? Maybe they just had artistic differences and it was as simple as that.

I heard the comedian Bert Kreisher tell a story about when he worked for MTV in '96 and got to interview Slash. The GNR split had just been announced and he was told not to bring it up. But Slash was willing to talk about it. Bert said Slash told him- and I can't stress how much I'm paraphrasing- but the jist was they just grew apart as people once they got money. When you are poor, you stick together. Once making it He just wanted to play rock n roll, drink, etc. Axl wanted to do yoga, live in Malibu, explore consciousness, etc. Slash just wanted to party.

it seems like there is some credence to that considering the vastly different career styles after the initial breakup.Off the cuff comments from both camps over the years have probably been taken out of context. Based off jimmy kimmels recent interview, he thought Axl and Slash would eventually bury the hatchet. That was his impression in 2011. There is clearly the humor of the whole situation too with the name of the tour.

so I find myself subscribing more and more to the theory they were just different people. The truth will find a way. Its always darkest before the light. When you start getting theories on Michael Jackson moleststions and Axl being hurt by Slash performing with him you know the truth is looming.

Also They were kids then- It's not like the groundwork was laid by many people in their career on how to act. They were cartagraphing that shit as it happened just like bands did before them. They are probably lucky to be alive.

so don't take it too seriously. Slash is a great guitarist. Axl told Loder in 99 that finding a replacement for Slash was nearly impossible because of talent. But it's fun to throw gossip around about Fernando and those people because I don't know them right!?

I also understand it's fun to gossip as we all live pretty shallow lives in comparison to all these people we talk about. One paycheck of theirs could change most of our years/lives, materially speaking. So in one way they play the roll of king and it's just like us peasants to gossip and critique their every move! Helps to pass the time!!

I also don't believe they were enemies, they just couldn't make music anymore together. It wasn't artistic differences, Slash has said "My departure had nothing to do with artistic differences as many people claim to know. [...] I would have hung in there wih Axl through an industrial record or whatever else he wanted to try if the vibe between us was positive. [...] Unfortunately we stopped being a team somewhere along the way."

He listed the constant disrespect for all involved by going on late for no good reason night after night, the legal manipulation Axl forced on him and the band and the loss of Izzy and Steven, "without them the band no longer had it's original chemistry." as reasons for leaving the band in the end.

The last sentence also leads me to believe Slash is not in this for the long haul unless something is worked out with Izzy and Steven and only signed this 1 year tour contract for the fans because it's better than nothing and no one knows if they will ever make it work with all 5.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Richard Fortus tweeted this:

richardfortus ✔ @richardfortus
different perspectives.  Empty/full, front/back, day/night.  All Melbourne

That is very ambiguous....wtf is he referring to?? :shrugs:

I wasnt talking to u man.

It was about something else.. 

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Richard Fortus tweeted this:

richardfortus ✔ @richardfortus
different perspectives.  Empty/full, front/back, day/night.  All Melbourne

That is very ambiguous....wtf is he referring to?? :shrugs:

It's related to two pictures he posted on facebook. It's two pictures of the stadium. One empty, at the front in daylight. The other when the stadium is full, at the back at night.

I don't know how to post the pictures here but it's nothing extraordinary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeez said:

It's related to two pictures he posted on facebook. It's two pictures of the stadium. One empty, at the front in daylight. The other when the stadium is full, at the back at night.

I don't know how to post the pictures here but it's nothing extraordinary.

Ok makes sense. He usually puts a link to Facebook in his tweets and didn't in this one, so I was a wee bit confused...lol :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I also don't believe they were enemies, they just couldn't make music anymore together. It wasn't artistic differences, Slash has said "My departure had nothing to do with artistic differences as many people claim to know. [...] I would have hung in there wih Axl through an industrial record or whatever else he wanted to try if the vibe between us was positive. [...] Unfortunately we stopped being a team somewhere along the way."

He listed the constant disrespect for all involved by going on late for no good reason night after night, the legal manipulation Axl forced on him and the band and the loss of Izzy and Steven, "without them the band no longer had it's original chemistry." as reasons for leaving the band in the end.

The last sentence also leads me to believe Slash is not in this for the long haul unless something is worked out with Izzy and Steven and only signed this 1 year tour contract for the fans because it's better than nothing and no one knows if they will ever make it work with all 5.

I don't think Axl is that good of an actor. He was upset over the whole ordeal. They figured it out and that's great but I seriously doubt it was a setup. 

I'm just waiting to see if it blows up or continues on. If it's the same set/ same show when they come close to me, I'll probably skip it due to the prices

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Axl, Slash and Duff got involved in lawsuits over licensing songs for movies. Slash went to Axl's house and Beta told him to get the fuck out. Axl called Slash a liar, a cancer in interviews. I don't know if enemies is the right word to discribe what went on. But clearly there was a lot of bitterness between them