Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

18 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

This thread's only topic seem to be about insulting the band members. These guys behind the computer screens, are they adults one would wonder.. I'm all for freedom of speech but cmon? 

Where are the moderators? 

Why don't start a subforum where all this grown up people can write aaall day long about how Melissa's "three dots" look like or her instagram posts and everything else that you guys seem so absolutely wrong about her.

I mean some days you have to go through pages and pages to find some social media updates just because it's filled with insulting crap. 

There are a large number of people on here who seemingly just look for stuff to complain about.  I totally agree, great post

• Like 2

19 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

This thread's only topic seem to be about insulting the band members. These guys behind the computer screens, are they adults one would wonder.. I'm all for freedom of speech but cmon? 

Where are the moderators? 

Why don't start a subforum where all this grown up people can write aaall day long about how Melissa's "three dots" look like or her instagram posts and everything else that you guys seem so absolutely wrong about her.

I mean some days you have to go through pages and pages to find some social media updates just because it's filled with insulting crap. 

The moderators are here… and while none of us want anyone being rude, we're often criticised for being too heavy handed. We have a set of rules which are reasonable, and we moderate according to those. 

Just seen Russ post… basically what he said. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Did you check the threads on Steven Adler's interviews? you can find much more insults towards axl slash and duff, there...

Yes i have read Adlers interview topic.. I guess i didn't wanna write an essay about every thread on this forum. My point is well stated in what I wrote. And when I wrote " insulting the band members" I do include Duff axl slash as they are band members lol. There's a difference in insulting people and give your opinion of something/someone 

I do love this forum and to discuss music and different theories with other fans but I don't get why some have to be just so mean. 

Enough of me, I have stated my point. Let's move on. peace :headbang:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

The moderators do really well walking a very fine line. Not always an easy job.

I figure a forum is meant to be a place where people come to express their views, and not everyone sees the same thing the same way. That's what makes it fun. 

I agree that it sucks when things devolve into "Axl's hair looks like shit! I hate this band!"  That's dumb and tedious.

But what kind of horrible "forum" would have page after page of:

Axl sounds great.

This is a good show.

The last show was a good show. 

Slash sounds good.

I love Appetite.

Dizzy is hot.  

I mean honestly? This tour has been good to occasionally great, but it has very seldom been interesting. That's why any bump in the road creates a fuss here. And that's fine. It hurts no one. I don't agree with everyone all the time but the debates are still good and worthwhile and I enjoy reading them.  I agree that things can get personal with the band members but they are public people who don't pay attention to us and if someone hates the direction a certain thread is going in stop reading the thread. 

Thats fine.. But some people here really take things to shamefull levels. So permanently out of proportion and intentionally crossifing the same gunners day after day.

But  now its pretty obvius whats the "moderators angle".

I just hope nobody in gnr camp came here anymore. Its embarrasing.

Thank god the band is happy, ruling, tight and pretty confy with each other.

And we have soooo much gnr good news, shows and more ahead of us.

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Let me start by saying I don't disagree with you overall, but there is a difference between moderation and censorship IMO.

When users break the site rules, we moderate them. We do not censor them if they have a different opinion though. In some respects, I totally agree with you. To me, it's a "if you don't like it, don't look" situation. I couldn't (can't) stand DJ so I never looked at his social media and never commented on it. Melissa doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I still don't feel the need to comment on everything she posts.

Others do though and often times it's negative. There's nothing we can do about that because in the end, everyone is allowed to have their opinion.

I get what you're saying.. but for me there's a difference in having an opinion of someone in the band and insulting or being just really mean almost bullying. 

Of course people should have the right to express if they think someone in the band does something good or bad but alot of these posts I'm talking about have absolutely no discussion value or slight of respect. It's just mean immature behavior. I feel almost sad for someone who got the need for insulting another person for their looks or others sort of things.  It's different if someone just thinks "oh I think Axl should get rid of some many jewelry on his fingers" instead of "look at that fat fuck did he think he was some pimp rapper or something" you get my point haha.

As I just wrote, I stated my point let's move on ?

Edit: all things don't have to be Black or White. I didn't mean that you all have to be all positive about everything and everyone doing 100% Axl's voice is perfect etc.. but it doesn't require that much to get my what i meant with my original post. ?

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Thats fine.. But some people here really take things to shamefull levels. So permanently out of proportion and intentionally crossifing the same gunners day after day.

But  now its pretty obvius whats the "moderators angle".

I just hope nobody in gnr camp came here anymore. Its embarrasing.

Thank god the band is happy, ruling, tight and pretty confy with each other.

And we have soooo much gnr good news, shows and more ahead of us.

To me recently the issue has just been a lack of objective logic on the side of the fans.  We like to think we know what is going on behind the scenes in GNR land and are so eager to blame a person or a side of the argument without having enough real information.  Thus resulting in stupid statements and baseless assumptions taken as truth.  

For me if someone is unnhappy with the sound of the band, Axl, etc. I am totally cool with that.  But when stupid arguments or statements are made based on faulty logic that is where is can get messy in specific threads (like the Steven Adler oriented ones as of the past few days)

25 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

This is really a perfect way to put it. I honestly think all the Steven threads are the absolute perfect illustration of it. If there is any single issue on these boards that is going to cause a ruckus with hardcore fans it is the issue of why the AFD 5 aren't on that stage together right now.  And shouldn't it be? Who is GNR? What is GNR? When you think of this band who do you think of? Of course that subject is going to dominate around here.  It's so much more important then what you think of Melissa's hair or why Axl doesn't sound the same way he did in 1988. I don't mind all the passion about it because it deserves attention and you can see the love people have for this band coming from all sides of the equation. Yes, sometimes the speculation veers off wildly, but frankly that's all we have. That's all they have given us. They don't owe us an explanation, and it wouldn't quell the unhappiness but an explanation would put some of the wild theories to rest.  

If I could like this twice, I would.

• Like 1

On 22.02.2017 at 10:59 AM, LA_0013 said:

A girl posting a no makeup selfie in the GNR social media feed. Crazy times

On 22.02.2017 at 11:02 AM, Fansince88 said:

Remember kids, this was once the  most "dangerous band in the world" .....

A girl without makeup is the most dangerous thing in the world.

• Like 1

I dont know why someone would wanna do a pathetic bday-vid like this in the first place, and why someone who receives this, would want to post this to show off. Her social media is starting to annoy me. Slash must be rolling his eyes constantly.

i have no hate for melissa, but if someone considers her an idol, its time to put on the straitjacket.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 1