Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I personally wish politics were completely omitted from anyone in the band. I follow this band for the music and entertainment, not for politics. So when Axl or Del rant about trump or bring a caricuture of him on stage, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't care if they hated Hilary, Trump...fucking Bernie Sanders. Politics isn't why I came here and I wish the band would just omit it completely.

(unless it means new music)

I get that sentiment too, but at the same time these are guys in their 50's. if they were still living the 100% rock n roll life style then you'd probably have 5 dead original members...I think your priorities change as you get older, you see the world different than you did when you are 20 something. Life is a journey and as much as I'd like my rock idols to be all in on the rock scene I also understand that life changes. Some people listen to rock for the political message some listen to rock to get away from life, so I think we can all agree that these political post are a bit distracting coming from our rock heroes but at the same time if we can just get some damn music from these guys they can say whatever they want 

7 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I personally wish politics were completely omitted from anyone in the band. I follow this band for the music and entertainment, not for politics. So when Axl or Del rant about trump or bring a caricuture of him on stage, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't care if they hated Hilary, Trump...fucking Bernie Sanders. Politics isn't why I came here and I wish the band would just omit it completely.

This. And I've been told that people like Axl are entitled to share their opinions because they can be very influential... if you're looking to base an opinion based off of what someone unqualified with a questionable resume themselves has to say, there's probably something wrong with you.

And bottom line, it's just a big distraction attempt by the band from the issues that really matter...new music, Izzy, Adler, etc.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:55 AM, MrSoftie said:

So if he's pro-Trump he can use his Twitter however he wants? :lol:

LOCATION: Ununited Kingdom. Thanks for that :lol: At least you got your cheap likes tho

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, RONIN said:

I wish Axl would share a pic of him hanging out with Duff and Slash. 

It really amazes me how difficult that is for him. He can tweet all this nonsense, we're all just supposed to blindly keep scrolling and can only comment if we like it, yet he clearly has to know that a picture of him arm and arm with Slash would melt the internet. Yet he won't give the fans that...I'm not mad but, like, really?! Cmon..

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

LOCATION: Ununited Kingdom. Thanks for that :lol: At least you got your cheap likes tho

Yep... brexit joke. I still think Axl has the right to use his Twitter account how he pleases, novel idea I know.. :shrugs:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Yep... brexit joke. I still think Axl has the right to use his Twitter account how he pleases, novel idea I know.. :shrugs:

Sure, he has a right to his opinion...and I have a right, to have an opinion myself, right? Especially, if I too have a twitter. And, I think his opinion is hypocritical, silly, and a little bit laughable. Like it or not, if he puts it out there, he's going to be judged. And I think it's pathetic he's putting so much effort into something he has no control over as well. Not rocket science, really :rolleyes:

Edited by Billsfan

Just now, Billsfan said:

Sure, he has a right to his opinion...and I have a right, to have an opinion myself, right? Especially, if I too have a twitter. And, I think his opinion is hypocritical, silly, and a little bit laughable. And I think it's pathetic he's putting so much effort into something he has no control over as well. Not rocket science, really :rolleyes:

Cool. Maybe you should tweet to him?

2 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

"I have no fucking idea guy" - Axl Rose, 2016

(or something like that) :lol:

Actually, he said "That's a good question. And that's all you're gonna get hahaha" in response to a where's Izzy sign at the first Adler show in Cincy. Who are we kidding, he wouldn't drop an F bomb he would dodge the question or give some vague response to hide the real reason, which would once again make him look bad.:rofl-lol:

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

Do you guys think the fact that Steven still enjoys recreation has anything to do with them steering clear of bringing him back full-time? Not just the influence on the actual band members but the road crew, family & kids they lug around? I know Slash has no problems having people drink in front of him but maybe its harder for duff who slighting slipped off the wagon with pills in VR? It would be kinda awkward to have steven off to the side engaging alone no?

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I get that sentiment too, but at the same time these are guys in their 50's. if they were still living the 100% rock n roll life style then you'd probably have 5 dead original members...I think your priorities change as you get older, you see the world different than you did when you are 20 something. Life is a journey and as much as I'd like my rock idols to be all in on the rock scene I also understand that life changes. Some people listen to rock for the political message some listen to rock to get away from life, so I think we can all agree that these political post are a bit distracting coming from our rock heroes but at the same time if we can just get some damn music from these guys they can say whatever they want 

Growing old and wise is great. Seeing the world through the lens of the media? Not so much.

Especially for someone like Axl and his history with the media

Edited by Top-Hatted One

35 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Do you guys think the fact that Steven still enjoys recreation has anything to do with them steering clear of bringing him back full-time? Not just the influence on the actual band members but the road crew, family & kids they lug around? I know Slash has no problems having people drink in front of him but maybe its harder for duff who slighting slipped off the wagon with pills in VR? It would be kinda awkward to have steven off to the side engaging alone no?

If by recreation you mean weed, that would be a very ludicrous reason for them to be avoiding him. It's marijuana after all lol. Slash and Duff's kids are teenagers now and growing up as kids in LA I wouldn't be surprised if they've tried/actively smoke. I also wouldn't be surprised if Axl used it medicinally. We need to stop this notion that weed is somehow bad for you because it really isn't.

yea you are right and if that was the reason Steven would've gladly admitted but he blame it on the fact that he is not a yes man and Axl likes yes men.
Still it would be pretty awkward is Steven was the only one part-taking and its still illegal in America for the most part

5 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

If by recreation you mean weed, that would be a very ludicrous reason for them to be avoiding him. It's marijuana after all lol. Slash and Duff's kids are teenagers now and growing up as kids in LA I wouldn't be surprised if they've tried/actively smoke. I also wouldn't be surprised if Axl used it medicinally. We need to stop this notion that weed is somehow bad for you because it really isn't.

11 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don't care what Axl does on his own twitter account but he needs to leave that stuff out of the GnR shows and official social media channels. GnR are not a political band like RATM nor have they ever really cared about social issues in the way Bono or even Nirvana did. Their whole shtick was "fuck the establishment". 

The irony is, Axl and GnR's fanbase are primarily conservatives in America -- most liberals probably find GnR too misogynistic. They certainly did in the 90's. Axl in particular is still seen as a racist and a homophobe by many. While he's entitled to his beliefs and has every right to say what he wants -- in this case, his politics will be seen as divisive by most of his American fans. It's a lose/lose situation. He doesn't gain anything and liberals are not going to be giving him or GnR kudos for their political beliefs. All he's doing is pissing off a large part of his American fanbase with each political tweet.

Also, Del James is a fucking idiot and a leech. His writing blows. No talent hack.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Not sure why so many of you are getting your feathers ruffled by the political tweets. I'm as anti-trump as they come but even if he was posting pro-trump tweets I wouldn't be upset. He has every single right to post his opinions whenever and wherever he wants. Just as it's your right not to read them. 

This whole mindset that he has to stay quiet or he might upset his fan base is ridiculous.  What happened to freedom of speech and when did the gnr fanbase become so sensitive? :facepalm:

Agreed, but it just makes good business sense to stay away from stuff like that. American politics is so polarizing these days. Since they're doing a cash grab tour, there's no point in alienating a huge portion of their fanbase with politically charged twitter comments. These tweets are picked up by Breitbart and other right-leaning sites and circulated to a wider audience. There will be a number of people who will boycott GnR now -- whether it makes a dent in the attendance of the summer NITL shows remains to be seen. But you're right, he has every right to say what he wants. 

• Like 2