Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

6 hours ago, Padme said:

Well in the statement Coachella posted it was called "regrouping" At the time I didn't like that word at all. But it isn't a 100% reunion without Izzy and Steven. And the kind of set list they are playing

There have been some journalists who do realize the other 2, Izzy and Steven are not there and used the word "threeunion" instead. Better than "regrouping."  :lol:

7 hours ago, Padme said:

Well in the statement Coachella posted it was called "regrouping" At the time I didn't like that word at all. But it isn't a 100% reunion without Izzy and Steven. And the kind of set list they are playing

It's not a reunion of the AfD/Lies line-up, but it's still a reunion since Axl and Slash reunited on the current tour.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sosso said:

It's not a reunion of the AfD/Lies line-up, but it's still a reunion since Axl and Slash reunited on the current tour.

True, from my perspective this lineup is just as legitimate as the Illusions lineup post-Izzy ever was and I do consider it a reunion because of well... the reunion lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sosso said:

I think that this means the remaining tour dates.

I take it he means either more tour dates, ones that haven't been announced or new music... kinda leaning towards music. Rock in Rio won't be the end. Good to know.

• Like 2

On April 2, 2017 at 4:59 AM, youngswedishvinyl said:

What stands out to me is the way he says "made."  

Obviously its continuing on.  Wonder if there was an agreement for what happened thus far and thats what stays in his mind.  And since its working out the further dates arent reunion in his mind but the resuming of being a band, so to speak?

On 4/2/2017 at 7:05 PM, WhazUp said:

True, from my perspective this lineup is just as legitimate as the Illusions lineup post-Izzy ever was and I do consider it a reunion because of well... the reunion lol

That's how I look at it too. This is pretty much the '92-'93 Illusions lineup with a different rhythm guitarist and drummer. And instead of a backing band they just use Melissa

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't see it that way at all... 

Matt just got done releasing 30 studio tracks with the band when they went out on the road. He played on Huge hits.. Was in videos..  Frank can't even play the songs right.

I guess you could make the argument with Gilby and Fortus even though I feel Gilby was a 100 much better fit.. By a long shot.  

The backing musicians were a temporary thing for the "Get In The Ring Tour" and weren't considered part of the actual band. They were also only out there on stage when they were actually doing something. Not bouncing around looking like a tool during songs they weren't adding anything to. Then after that tour they were gone. They closed out 93 with the Skin N' Bones portion of the tour.. Just the six of them. They arguably never sounded better.. Listen to those acoustic sets.. Incredible... 

I do still consider this a reunion though.. Barely.. But I do... And I would rather have this than nothing. I don't like all elements of it but as a fan from pretty much the beginning I have been eating some of this shit up.

yes..yes...yes! i totally agree :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't see it that way at all... 

Matt just got done releasing 30 studio tracks with the band when they went out on the road. He played on Huge hits.. Was in videos..  Frank can't even play the songs right.

I guess you could make the argument with Gilby and Fortus even though I feel Gilby was a much better fit.. By a long shot.  

The backing musicians were a temporary thing for the "Get In The Ring Tour" and weren't considered part of the actual band. They were also only out there on stage when they were actually doing something. Not bouncing around looking like a tool during songs they weren't adding anything to. Then after that tour they were gone. They closed out 93 with the Skin N' Bones portion of the tour.. Just the six of them. They arguably never sounded better.. Listen to those acoustic sets.. Incredible... 

I do still consider this a reunion though.. Barely.. But I do... And I would rather have this than nothing. I don't like all elements of it but as a fan from pretty much the beginning I have been eating some of this shit up.

Fair enough, we all have our opinions. I guess what I was trying to say is that it's similar in the sense that they have the core of the band (Axl/Slash/Duff) and then a different rhythm guitarist and drummer with Dizzy on keyboards. 

• Like 2

Normally I'd say the guy was out of line getting personal because what Del has accomplished in life has nothing to do with his opinions on different subjects. However, Del opens himself up to the personal attacks here because he incessant anti-Trump rants. It's too much