Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I certainly have read interviews that axl respects billy joel alot because axl likes the songwriting of elton john and billy joel

And billy supported axl just like elthon back in the day when axl was called a racist and yada yada after one in a million ? love among pianists uuuu ??

Just now, cqleonardo said:

I always mix Joel and Idol, all this time I was thinking "what the hell is Axl gonna do in a Billy Idol show" but it was Joel.... 

Now that would kick ass ... Axl and billy idol ?

20 hours ago, warrocks said:

What will Angus say about this ?... Axl may get some spanks? bad boy, bad boy

Brian Johnson performed with Billy Joel several times. He's the true victim here. First Axl takes his gig with AC/DC - then Axl takes his guest spot with Billy. :lol:

• Like 2

Oh, where are those times when Axl would have his own guestspots and would sing on stage with anyone he wanted as Axl (and taking pride in it) and not as Brian Johnson's impersonator...

Really it's weird. Love the idea of guestspotting but I'd rather see him (with whoever it might be) celebrating his own achievements that brought him to that place instead of taking over Johnson's guest spots and friends.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Asia said:

Oh, where are those times when Axl would have his own guestspots and would sing on stage with anyone he wanted as Axl (and taking pride in it) and not as Brian Johnson's impersonator...

Really it's weird. Love the idea of guestspotting but I'd rather see him (with whoever it might be) celebrating his own achievements that brought him to that place instead of taking over Johnson's guest spots and friends.

Did he ever play a GNR song as a guest with another band? (No NuGNR 'jokes' please :)) Don't think so. So this is just like singing Salt of the Earth or Free Fallin. I'm happy Axl's finally doing that again after 25 years or so. I like to believe he's in a better place now than he has been in decades.

Billy Joel often covers HTH, apparently, so it makes sense to let Axl sing it this time. I have a feeling people are doing their best to make everything into a negative.

• Like 4