Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Did he ever play a GNR song as a guest with another band? (No NuGNR 'jokes' please :)) Don't think so. So this is just like singing Salt of the Earth or Free Fallin. I'm happy Axl's finally doing that again after 25 years or so. I like to believe he's in a better place now than he has been in decades.

Billy Joel often covers HTH, apparently, so it makes sense to let Axl sing it this time. I have a feeling people are doing their best to make everything into a negative.

No it isn't beacause he wasn't singing Salt of the Earth or Free Falling taking somone else's guestspot like he's taking Johnson's now. It was his own guestspot and he even chose a song that the Stones haven't played for years and they agreed to dig it up for him. And that when he was still just a beginner. That was a really cool thing. This, on the other hand, is a bit weird and creepy.

5 minutes ago, Asia said:

No it isn't beacause he wasn't singing Salt of the Earth or Free Falling taking somone else's guestspot like he's taking Johnson's now. It was his own guestspot and he even chose a song that the Stones haven't played for years and they agreed to dig it up for him. And that when he was still just a beginner. That was a really cool thing. This, on the other hand, is a bit weird and creepy.

I disagree. I think this was a cool thing as well, and as far as I know, guest spots aren't exclusive for beginners. They did Big Shot as well, if you noticed. Still think you're trying to find negatives whenever it involves Axl and AC/DC. But of course you're entitled to your own opinion. I think the general feeling about this is positive.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Asia said:

Oh, where are those times when Axl would have his own guestspots and would sing on stage with anyone he wanted as Axl (and taking pride in it) and not as Brian Johnson's impersonator...

Really it's weird. Love the idea of guestspotting but I'd rather see him (with whoever it might be) celebrating his own achievements that brought him to that place instead of taking over Johnson's guest spots and friends.

It reminds me of a stalker who's stealing someone else's identity. Axl might also think he's Brian's incarnation, even though Brian is still alive ?. 

10 minutes ago, Lio said:

I disagree. I think this was a cool thing as well, and as far as I know, guest spots aren't exclusive for beginners. They did Big Shot as well, if you noticed. Still think you're trying to find negatives whenever it involves Axl and AC/DC. But of course you're entitled to your own opinion. I think the general feeling about this is positive.

I never said guest spots were for beginners. I only said Axl was a beginner then and yet that guestspot was much more prestigious than what he's doing now trying to get into someone else's shoes.

And yes I am negative towards his AC/DC stunts and always will be because I simply believe Axl has proven himself as a genius enough composer, musician and author to actually stand up there as himself and for himself and take credits for his own achievements rather than take jobs. I mean, God, people of this caliber just don't take jobs. Can anyone imagine Mick Jagger taking job of a former singer of band X and then also take over that person's guestspots?

Edited by Asia

2 minutes ago, GnrJasmin92 said:

It reminds me of a stalker who's stealing someone else's identity. Axl might also think he's Brian's incarnation, even though Brian is still alive ?. 

Don't you think he'd rather be Bon Scott? Seeing as when he can pick an AC/DC tune he always chooses Bon Scott songs, like HTH. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GnrJasmin92 said:

WTH?! 

:facepalm::confused:

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl is a Billy Joel fan, he guests at his concert because he admires the guy. Gets asked to sing HTH and Big Shot and that's weird and creepy and trying to take Brian Johnsons identity? 

:lol::lol::lol:

It was just a couple of songs with another musician. Im glad Axl is out and about and interested in performing with other artists. 

This.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl is a Billy Joel fan, he guests at his concert because he admires the guy. Gets asked to sing HTH and Big Shot and that's weird and creepy and trying to take Brian Johnsons identity? 

:lol::lol::lol:

It was just a couple of songs with another musician. Im glad Axl is out and about and interested in performing with other artists. 

This 100%

11 hours ago, Asia said:

I never said guest spots were for beginners. I only said Axl was a beginner then and yet that guestspot was much more prestigious than what he's doing now trying to get into someone else's shoes.

And yes I am negative towards his AC/DC stunts and always will be because I simply believe Axl has proven himself as a genius enough composer, musician and author to actually stand up there as himself and for himself and take credits for his own achievements rather than take jobs. I mean, God, people of this caliber just don't take jobs. Can anyone imagine Mick Jagger taking job of a former singer of band X and then also take over that person's guestspots?

You're making it sound like Axl is only doing AC/DC cos he needs the money and a job. He is a fan, Brian Johnson had to step aside for health reasons. Remains to be seen if only Temporary or permanent 

11 hours ago, Asia said:

What are you talking about? Axl should feel honoured to sing for a band as prestigious as AC/DC and it's obvious that he does, regardless of what he's achieved in his own career. And you should be proud that he's doing so well if you're a fan of his.

(Obviously you can feel and act however you want) I just find it odd if you're an Axl fan that having him in AC/DC isn't exciting for you. It's one of the greatest collaborations I've ever seen and some of the best, if not the best, vocal performances he's ever done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

What are you talking about? Axl should feel honoured to sing for a band as prestigious as AC/DC and it's obvious that he does, regardless of what he's achieved in his own career. And you should be proud that he's doing so well if you're a fan of his.

(Obviously you can feel and act however you want) I just find it odd if you're an Axl fan that having him in AC/DC isn't exciting for you. It's one of the greatest collaborations I've ever seen and some of the best, if not the best, vocal performances he's ever done.

It's been cool but the idea of him recording and releasing new music with ACDC before GNR is just straight laughable

• Like 1

On 16.5.2017 at 11:06 AM, Silent Jay said:

Why do we have Del James constantly spreading fake news that are proven wrong time and time again on the feed?

It's Gn'R reality tv. Everybody got a channel if they're inside the circle of thrust so why expect the truth when it comes to politics from a bald guy that is really tight with Axl? it's just his opinions and everybody on board gets to have one.

Dell likes horrid movies and doesn't like Trump. He expresses these brutally important feelings in his allocated Guns window on your right. The Gn'R public needs to know.

The best option is always to remove but he's like Dizzy Reed or them crooked mods, they last forever and a decade. Del can't handle the Trump and you can't handle the lies Del tells. Everybody winds. Nothing new really.

Edited by Rovim

17 hours ago, GnrJasmin92 said:

Axl Rose doesn't like GnR. I think he hates his music... That's why he's working on the next AcDc record instead of GnR's. 

Are you the Jasmin that Meegan Hodges had reported and blocked for harassment?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Why do we have Del James constantly spreading fake news that are proven wrong time and time again on the feed?

Reveal hidden contents

They should remove hius tweets from the feed on this site... A$$clown

• Like 2