Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, AlexC said:

I'm pretty sure it's brand new.

TW Classic posted it on their Facebook page on April 12. Not brand new. That was the first time I've seen it. I remember wondering if they'd put it together themselves.

Of course it's very selective. It's clear only Axl, Slash and Duff are in this reunion. If they would've included Steven and Izzy, I'm sure there would be backlash as well, with people saying 'they're in the video, people will expect them on the tour', as some people are really frustrated by their not being there, which I get. But it is what it is. No use crying about it. The whole CD era only got a footnote as well, that is because this video is about this tour, and this tour doesn't feature Izzy and Steven as band members.

I like the video.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

People seem to be overreacting. All they really said in the video was that Slash and Duff left the band and came back, which is all true. There's no talk about who were the founders of the band and who wrote what. There's no talk about Tracii Guns, Ole Bleich, Gilby Clarke, Paul Huge, Buckethead, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot etc... There's not even talk about any current members other than Axl, Slash and Duff. It's just a very compact video about GNR and it's not even supposed to be the full history of the band. Everything they said in the video is true. They didn't rewrite the history in any way. They just focused on a certain part of it.

True, but the angry cybermob needs something to be mad about.

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

Holy over reaction Batman! Just watched the video and there's absolutely nothing to be all bent out of shape over IMO.

Posting a historical timeline and erasing two founding members like they didn't even exist is pretty disrespectful. There's no reason why they couldnt be on that timeline.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

Posting a historical timeline and erasing two founding members like they didn't even exist is pretty disrespectful. There's no reason why they couldnt be on that timeline.

Seeing as it's a timeline of Axl, Slash & Duff there's no reason for anyone else to be listed. They're not erasing anything, they're merely giving you a timeline of Axl, Slash & Duff.

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

Seeing as it's a timeline of Axl, Slash & Duff there's no reason for anyone else to be listed. They're not erasing anything, they're merely giving you a timeline of Axl, Slash & Duff.

I guess I just see it differently. :shrugs:To me it was a timeline of the band leading up to NITL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

If Steven and Izzy were included people would still bitch anyway

I'm so sick of that excuse for everything. Nobody would bitch if they were included. Nobody.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Axl, Slash and Duff were a trio who made AFD, Lies and UYI? Those albums got mentioned in the video. If the video pointed out at the end the date when Slash and Duff left. They could've mentioned as well that Izzy and Adler were band members in the begining and also the date they left. TSI is mentioned. they could said Sorum and Gilby colaborated. CD seems to be a mere foot note. They could've mentioned the 2001 line up. It would've added just a few more seconds in the video. I don't think it was that hard to do.

It's no secret that the NITL tour is focussed on Axl, Slash and Duff. 

But I have a question. Do you think that Duff would be there if Tommy woud have been able to tour?

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

But I have a question. Do you think that Duff would be there if Tommy woud have been able to tour?

I'm not sure we would have reached this incarnation if Duff hadn't filled in those few dates for Tommy. I think it's been a gradual progression/thawing of feelings.

Would Slash have joined without Duff? I think probably not but I'm not 100% sure.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Duff was being considered as far back as 2011...

anyways I'm just surprised they admitted that Slash and Duff left 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I'm not sure we would have reached this incarnation if Duff hadn't filled in those few dates for Tommy. I think it's been a gradual progression/thawing of feelings.

Would Slash have joined without Duff? I think probably not but I'm not 100% sure.

He was able to join GN'R with Richard, Frank and Melissa as band mates. Tommy would have been another remaining piece of NuGN'R.

Edited by Sosso