Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you cannot see what the problem is with having three/five members begin Guns N' Roses, the other two (including one genuine founder) airbrushed out, then I cannot help you lot. Sloshy and Duffy both depart the band so there clearly exists a method, a will and a means to depict band members departing in this thoroughly fictitious rendering of real events; why not simply have Stradlin and Adler depart '1990-1' - it would add all but 0.5 seconds to the clip?

The purpose of the video is to tell why this tour matters. The video is about Axl, Slash and Duff, the most relevant members of the Not In This Lifetime tour. No one's saying that they were the only one's who started the band. But they were there at the beginning of the success. Slash, and Duff left, but they are back in the band now. That's the story that the video is telling. It's not about who created the band, who have been in the band throughout the years or who are in the band now. It's not supposed to tell the whole history of the band. It's the story of Axl, Slash and Duff and why this tour is so important. If you cannot see that, I cannot help you a lot.

• Like 1

I gotta agree that the news has to be pretty big. Otherwise it would be pretty mean to tease with a video like that. My guess is that either it's a show or some shows with Izzy and Adler, or it's about a new album. Even a new single would be big enough news I guess, but GNR has never really been a band that only releases singles. That's why I'm assuming that it's either a full blown reunion gig or a new album announcement.

I guess it could be some sort of a live record too, but to me even that would be slightly disappointing after that teaser.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

On he 24th of May 1991 the first show on the UYI Tour was played.

It's probably just a coincidence, but it might be worth noting! 

Good point. No question they picked this date for a reason...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

FORTUS in the partnership?... who knows... he would deserve it.

whole point of the partnership is because they are the 3 classic members. so it would make no sense for fortus to get in. for most fans hes just still the new guitarist, don't even know his name. many people at the shows didnt even listen to CD

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

whole point of the partnership is because they are the 3 classic members. so it would make no sense for fortus to get in. for most fans hes just still the new guitarist, don't even know his name. many people at the shows didnt even listen to CD

And Fortus only wrote the chorus of ONE song on that album. Out of the four employees the band have, Richard is by far the one I like the most but the way some people overestimate him is insane. What did he do to deserve to be part of the partnership? Why would they include him and not Dizzy Reed who was there before the original band broke up (and contributed a lot more on CD)?

Richard Fortus is just a hired hand. A very good one in my opinion, but still a hired hand. GNR fans are so weird, I can't imagine Rihanna's fans telling she should turn into a duet called Rihanna N' 4tus...

22 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

leaving izzy and Steven out of the timeline BUT including CD.    disgusting and delusional.  Izzy is the foundation of this band and the songs these three assholes are touring behind.  I expect this from axl but I'm really disappointed in duff and slash for going along with this dishonest and incomplete "timeline" just for the money.   

Sad to see it play out this way, especially when Izzy was the one guy who got along with everyone during the Dark Ages. 

I can be wrong, but if it had something to do with Steven and Izzy they would have included them in the time line and indicated at what points that left like they did via Duff and Slash.

Also, no mention of the the Live album or even the Greatest Hits album that was massive sales wise... 

Also, the post is indicative of something new in the future. One would HOPE that it's an announcement of a new album given they point out every studio release before. But it could be a new live album as well. 

Regardless, this Wednesday will be very interesting IF this all comes into fruition.

It's just going to be an announcement for a fall arena tour of the US.  I know they have been in talks with the United Center in Chicago about a show in the fall.

Pretty sure that's all it is unfortunately.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

I can be wrong, but if it had something to do with Steven and Izzy they would have included them in the time line and indicated at what points that left like they did via Duff and Slash.

Personally I don't believe there will be an AFD5, but just for the sake of argument...

If Izzy's and Steven's name was in the video, the speculation would've gone wild on here on the symbolism of their names being there.

So... if they had included Izzy and Steven, they would risk giving away the surprise.

9 minutes ago, sibidy7 said:

It's just going to be an announcement for a fall arena tour of the US.  I know they have been in talks with the United Center in Chicago about a show in the fall.

Pretty sure that's all it is unfortunately.

This seems likely. I'd love even a single or EP or something though. But yea, arena tour fall - till Christmastime sounds right. 

8 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Ok so..  This waiting is killing me.  

Same here!!!!:blink:

P.S.: I hope things get well soon in your country, man! I know some people from there and I know (by them) how complicated is the situation!