Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, DexAxl said:

Nothing began at Dodgers stadium.

It "all began" with original 5 in The Troubadour in 1985, and in 2016 tour began in Troubadour.

The „it all began" part from the video is related to tower records. So my guess is there will be something there on Wednesday aswell

1 hour ago, DexAxl said:

Nothing began at Dodgers stadium.

It "all began" with original 5 in The Troubadour in 1985, and in 2016 tour began in Troubadour.

I think they meant it more broadly, that it's LA overall, not a specific place. Just that the band will be back in LA this summer. And what about the Whisky? They havent played there since 1988

19 hours ago, sibidy7 said:

It's just going to be an announcement for a fall arena tour of the US.  I know they have been in talks with the United Center in Chicago about a show in the fall.

Pretty sure that's all it is unfortunately.

That would be kind of a letdown for me at least. Cool that we get to see them more, but new music would really shit down all this nostalgia complaining some seem to have. 

20 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously... From what I have seen that show was pretty weak...

Yep. It should remain an iconic mythological thing that we'll never get to see. It's just better that way. 

• Like 2

Well.. Judging by this new teaser.  Im gonna adventure to make a wild guess:

The words they used, the songs (interestingly they used 2 "live" songs.  Get in the ring and nightrain)..  

Weirdly interesting that they uses a song from a record they didnt mentioned on those "timeline teasers". ( nightrain from LIVE ERA ALBUM)

So..  If i have to bet.. I would say its a LIVE ALBUM, DVD BR OR SO. ( posibly the LA show or troubador)

Hopefully they include a couple of new songs on it.

But this is just a guess.   We'll see.  ( god.. Its like clocks are working slower or something like that.. Even my little nephew and his pal are exited)

S.O.S         VENEZUELA

7 minutes ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

I wonder if the terror attacks in Manchester will postpone the announcement... So sad what has happened there :(.

I would assume Slane Castle will be postponed. Quite a few shows were postponed after the Paris attacks and for everyone's safety it might be a good thing to do. :(

17 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I would assume Slane Castle will be postponed. Quite a few shows were postponed after the Paris attacks and for everyone's safety it might be a good thing to do. :(

It's Ireland that's one of safest places imo. They are nowhere near hated by terrorist as UK, USA, France, Germany. If first show was in London, Paris or Munich they would might consider to postpone it but not Ireland.

• Like 2

Guys... I'm well aware Slane is in Ireland. :facepalm:  Never said it wasn't. I was going off of the cancellations in previous terrorist attacks. If you disagree then that's fine.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

In a sense security is already maximum at European venues after the Bataclan attack in Paris but this seems different as the terrorist seemingly entered the foyer with the 'waiting parents'.

I do wonder if he got in the foyer. I'd like to think that wouldn't be possible here in Belgium, as I have to open my bag every time I enter a venue, be it for a concert or a children's musical. Even my 8 year old had to do that, in Belgium and when we were in Paris. If he just walked up on the street and blew himself up by the doors, there is not a lot you can do to prevent that, of course.

So long as Ireland is Christian and European Union, there is a moderate risk, but not on the same scale as France, Britain and Germany.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

I do wonder if he got in the foyer. I'd like to think that wouldn't be possible here in Belgium, as I have to open my bag every time I enter a venue, be it for a concert or a children's musical. Even my 8 year old had to do that, in Belgium and when we were in Paris. If he just walked up on the street and blew himself up by the doors, there is not a lot you can do to prevent that, of course.

In Britain it is common to open the doors before the end in order to let waiting parents in - at least this was the case when I was a youngster.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

In Britain it is common to open the doors before the end in order to let waiting parents in - at least this was the case when I was a youngster.

It probably was the same here, but not anymore. It's a different world we're living in. We were even checked before entering the Disney Store :wow:

15 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

It makes me sad seeing young and naive fellow Guns fans foolishly thinking that Wednesday announcement will be for something other than more tour dates.  :book:

It doesn't make sense to tease with 3 videos if it's just new tour dates, they weren't doing this even when Slash and Duff rejoined the band.

Edited by DexAxl
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think they meant it more broadly, that it's LA overall, not a specific place. Just that the band will be back in LA this summer. And what about the Whisky? They havent played there since 1988

Did you see who's playing at the Whisky on July 21st ?

http://www.whiskyagogo.com/site/event/la-guns-electric-hounds-michael-baja-motheride-scultone-ragbone/

6 hours ago, DexAxl said:

It doesn't make sense to tease with 3 videos if it's just new tour dates, they weren't doing this even when Slash and Duff rejoined the band.

lol so you really think it's not just more tour dates?

and since when GNR's decisions/promos made any sense?

:lol: