Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Just now, tajandreas said:

Tasteless song choice for that video. Those kids weren't knocking..

Yeah, thinking the same, it might have been done with the best of intentions but it's a bit close .

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Quite the build up.......... The whole reference to Nightrain members just makes it look like they are going to announce shows... Is that really a big announcement when you are already pretty much in the middle of a tour though?

Well no shit it's shows, everyone has pretty much figured that out already.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Anyone else find the new video on instagram rather distasteful given the song choice? I get the good will but the choice of song is fucking dark

Only if you don't view them as being sincere. What other song choice would be more appropriate? I'd agree with you if they'd have gone with Rocket Queen or Live and Let Die or something, that would be obvious distaste.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DexAxl said:

Guns postponing announcement because of Manchester doesn't make any sense like that would change anything except us being pissed off.

Perhaps it has to do with a new tour announcement, either with The Who or Aerosmith. That would be quite big and a bad time to announce something during a time where other big acts such as Blondie are thinking about putting their whole tour on hold. Dunno but that would be my guess

1 hour ago, DexAxl said:

Guns postponing announcement because of Manchester doesn't make any sense like that would change anything except us being pissed off.

And....it's the respectful thing to do.  Guess what the world doesn't revolve around you or some fairly unimportant announcement, my god get over yourself.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

And....it's the respectful thing to do.  Guess what the world doesn't revolve around you or some fairly unimportant announcement, my god get over yourself.

It isn't like they were going to drop announcement on the same day as incident happened, if that was the case of course I would understand, it was supposed to happen 2 days after anyway adding one more day doesn't make any sense.

Edited by DexAxl

Just now, DexAxl said:

It isn't like they were going to drop announcement on the same day as incident happened if that was the case of course I would understand but it was supposed to happen 2 days after anyway.

The point is...you have to wait another day and you're whining about it....really?

• Like 3

So all the other message boards are all talking about a Fall US arena tour is the big announcement. I'm happy, but I'm kinda also a bit let down at the same time. Part of me was kinda hoping for a new tune or something to keep this from being hailed as A "nastalgia" tour by many. 

5 hours ago, Mooch14 said:

So all the other message boards are all talking about a Fall US arena tour is the big announcement. I'm happy, but I'm kinda also a bit let down at the same time. Part of me was kinda hoping for a new tune or something to keep this from being hailed as A "nastalgia" tour by many. 

Never know.. They could release single to help promote the tour.