Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

18 hours ago, killuridols said:

so what are they? :shrugs:

for me a Central-Eastern European it's weird to say the least but...

I think it comes from the fact that the British want to be so different from everybody else

still it doesn't change the fact that UK is in Europe as well as other isles such as Iceland no matter what the Brits say...

Edited by Liquor & Whores

On 7/18/2017 at 4:10 PM, nonok said:

True, but it's still just an opinion. Whether they or the team GNR regard the UK as part of Europe or not, the fact remains that it is. Well, until Trump brings the nukes over here. 

So that tweet is either lack of basic geographical knowledge or a biased opinion. But hey, whatever, it's their account and they can say whatever they want.

Or it's like my great Grandma would say, back before the mid 80's it wasn't considered to be a part of Europe but more of an Island(at least to those from there). I believe it's Uk, Ireland and Iceland that aren't considered what they call "Continental Europe". 

It's been an argument for ages that likely started with war and the fact The British  controlled a big part of it at one point. Throw in the fact that the Islands were hard to conquer and they're culturally different and you can see why you get terms like Mainland Europe or Continental Europe. 

Perhaps it's a sense of entitlement perhaps not. I see it as them aknowledging them how they wish to be aknowledged. 

On 20. 07. 2017. at 9:03 AM, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Next time GNR media should start grouping nation based on this. 

1024px-World_Map_FIFA2.svg.png

Cuz this is the only way that i really care and understand. 

Yep but Isreal is part of UEFA but sure isn't in Europe...