Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

She is probably wearing them so she can hear what she plays and/or sings clearly. Also those kind of headphones are better than typical in-ear-monitors, because they eliminate other noice better. So she also probably wears them for hearing protection.

Did She play a DJ set before the match??? O.o

34 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I guess because Axl's not from Seattle and is not a fan of the Seahawks.

Yes, but she was there to sing. Now if someone from GN'R goes some Stadium for a NFL game to sing. I think the right person for the job is Axl. I find it kinda of a head scratcher. She might be a Seahawks fan and from Seatle. But she is not the one people associate with GN'R and singing. I mean the announcer at the Stadium mentioned she is in GN'R

8 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

was it when they were speculating he was an Oakland Raiders fan cos he wore one of their jerseys back in the day? oops if you don't follow American football you may not know. but someone might recall?

There was a picture of him attending a Raiders game. I remeber I saw it but I don't know more than that

• Like 1

You should all switch your support of American sports to cricket. Splendid game: one game lasts four-five days, 11am - 6pm, breaking for Lunch and Tea intervals - surely a sport well adjusted to American attention spans. And it can end up a draw!!

Can you imagine American sports breaking for Lunch and Tea? ''Say Dwayne, Tea's up. Let's all retreat to the locker room for a kindly  refreshment''.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yes, but she was there to sing. Now if someone from GN'R goes some Stadium for a NFL game to sing. I think the right person for the job is Axl. I find it kinda of a head scratcher. She might be a Seahawks fan and from Seatle. But she is not the one people associate with GN'R and singing. I mean the announcer at the Stadium mentioned she is in GN'R

To me it was just an addition to the Duff thing. They wanted Duff to raise the flag and so he thought it was a good idea to include the other seattlehead of the band (I'm assuming, as she thanked him for making it happen).

I'm not a big fan of Melissa but I think this meant way more to her than it would have to Axl. In fact, I'm sure Axl would have been there singing if he actually wanted to.