Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, starlight said:

Well she's all over the GNR social media and often included in the band photos so it's hard not to notice her. Plus I don't consider her better than Pitman I can't stand the both of them.I would prefer Teddy to be back in place of Melissa whom I find very annoying

Or just fucking Dizzy. That would be the perfect scenario...

• Like 2

It's exactly the other way around for me. If there's someone who doesn't bug me on those two pictures, that's Melissa (and the Babymetal girls, although they're kinda disturbing for some reason :lol:).

The only thing Melissa seems to be affecting is the band's image which I don't give a shit about. Watching Fortus and Ferrer on the other hand, that's what sucks to me, because they affect the quality of the old songs and also the quality of a future release (if there's any). It's not against them, though, but everytime I see them I can't help but think how stupid the other three are.

In Melissa's case, I wish she wasn't there (and the same goes to Dizzy) because I'd love to see the the band being as raw as they were in the beginning but I don't see her ruining the songs at all so I have no problem with her, her image doesn't bother me in the slightest as DJ's didn't bother me a few years ago.

1 hour ago, maynard said:

I agree they should drop the CD stuff and then get rid of Melissa. A back to basics tour would be killer. Axl will never let that happen.

You have to think about the positive side though. She sings, looks and fits much better than Pitman. She's a modern Tracy & Roberta. It's not something new to GNR. She's cute and trust me on this one, she's really really talented.

I can't say I wouldn't pay attention to her at a concert cause I find her cute and her backing vocals really stand out, but it's the Axl, Slash and Duff show, I'm pretty sure most people don't even notice her.

Out of likes, that's exactly my point of view! 

She's far more talented than Pitman and is filling a spot that's been there since the UYI era, also she's cute. I can't understand all the hate she's getting, it's not like she's ruining the songs like Frank does :smiley-confused2:

8 hours ago, starlight said:

If Axl insists on having a second keyboardist he should hire someone else instead of Melissa who has nothing in common with GNR . Just find a keyboardist who can add something relevant to the songs and is into rock music

I love the guy who plays keyboard on Loaded's records. He's really good and does it low key begins the scene. 

Martin Feveyear is his name. He also worked with The Presidents of the United States of America 

6 hours ago, maynard said:

I agree they should drop the CD stuff and then get rid of Melissa. A back to basics tour would be killer. Axl will never let that happen.

You have to think about the positive side though. She sings, looks and fits much better than Pitman. She's a modern Tracy & Roberta. It's not something new to GNR. She's cute and trust me on this one, she's really really talented.

I can't say I wouldn't pay attention to her at a concert cause I find her cute and her backing vocals really stand out, but it's the Axl, Slash and Duff show, I'm pretty sure most people don't even notice her.

She's there for the CD songs yet it is a complete waste because they re-did the songs Axl spent 14yrs trying to perfect 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KURT19 said:

I've tried really hard to accept her into the "official" lineup but enough is enough.  Sure, her social media skills are admirable...if you're in HIGH SCHOOL.

The pouty lips, the shades, the headphones, the selfies, the sticking out of her tongue, the rad, the dope, the lit, the bouncing up and down, the candy, the colors...FUCKING HELL, C'MON.

Even my 16 year old daughter is fed up with this Bubble Gum Push-Pop Princess.

She may be talented.  She may be nice.  She may be sweet.  BUT THERE IS NOTHING ROCK N' ROLL ABOUT HER.

SLASH IS ROCK N' ROLL.

DUFF IS ROCK N' ROLL.

IZZY IS ROCK N' ROLL.

STEVEN IS ROCK N' ROLL.

FUCK.

Agreed. Melissa is useless. She really should have an annoying-off with Dj Ashba :lol:

6 hours ago, KURT19 said:

I've tried really hard to accept her into the "official" lineup but enough is enough.  Sure, her social media skills are admirable...if you're in HIGH SCHOOL.

The pouty lips, the shades, the headphones, the selfies, the sticking out of her tongue, the rad, the dope, the lit, the bouncing up and down, the candy, the colors...FUCKING HELL, C'MON.

Even my 16 year old daughter is fed up with this Bubble Gum Push-Pop Princess.

She may be talented.  She may be nice.  She may be sweet.  BUT THERE IS NOTHING ROCK N' ROLL ABOUT HER.

SLASH IS ROCK N' ROLL.

DUFF IS ROCK N' ROLL.

IZZY IS ROCK N' ROLL.

STEVEN IS ROCK N' ROLL.

FUCK.

What about Frank? Is Frank Rock N' Roll?

1 minute ago, GNR 1991 said:

lol I think the people still complaining about Melissa in GNR are a bunch of 40 and older guys who can't believe there's a female player in GNR. 

I'm 27 and a chick. Nice try though.

• Like 4

What are you trying to achieve by complaining about Melissa?  You think Axl doesn't  want her and the others want her kicked out?  Who cares about her appearance?  GNR was always democratic about letting members dress however they want.

don't you get tired of having these same debates over and over?  It's so pointless

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:53 PM, DIST said:

I wonder if GNR  will protest on their stop in Saudi Arabia where women actually have no rights.  

So true. We are in the 21st century and some countries still have their women in chains. It will never change for them. That is why the US has to let all immigrants in so they can have a better future.

On 1/24/2017 at 6:45 AM, tremolo said:
15 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

*reads the last couple pages of this thread and remember why I barely check this thread*

I kinda get the complaints about Melissa, but the band has had 2 keyboard players since the UYI tour, her backup vocals fit better than Tracy & Roberta and tbh she's barely noticeable at the shows. The complaints about her are infinitely more annoying than she actually is. :shrugs:

she does nothing for me but as long as they want her she's not going anywhere. she reminds me of that Muppet character that was on the short lived ABC show last season :P

• Like 2

I think we should give Reese a chance to see what she can do creatively before entirely writing her off. That said, i think she is much better than Pitman in almost every way. Even though she has the same job, her vocals fit better, and at least she isn't swinging a towel around. She also appears to be much less arrogant than Pitman. Some of you will say that Guns should just have one keyboardist, or none at all. But if they are to have two, i would much prefer Reese than Pitman.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

*reads the last couple pages of this thread and remember why I barely check this thread*

I kinda get the complaints about Melissa, but the band has had 2 keyboard players since the UYI tour, her backup vocals fit better than Tracy & Roberta and tbh she's barely noticeable at the shows. The complaints about her are infinitely more annoying than she actually is. :shrugs:

Based on what you make the claim she is a better fit than Tracy and Roberta? Melissa's image doesn't fit in a rock band GN'R or other. She would be a great fit for Madonna's tour. They could've hired a another female singer/keyboard player whose image is closer to Lita Ford and not to Lady Gaga.

Since the Appetite days which was glorious in its raw minimalism, it seems that Rose has implemented a policy to include at least one member in Guns N' Roses who is firstly highly superfluous and secondly extremely annoying: Dizzy; the 1992 big band including Tracey, Roberta and Teddy; Paul Tobias; Pitman; DJ Ashba; this Melissa person. 

I swear we were having these same debates before, about other dramatis personae - most recently Ashba. It is almost seems a deliberate strategy to annoy a sizable segment of the fanbase whatever the present line-up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Since the Appetite days which was glorious in its raw minimalism, it seems that Rose has implemented a policy to include at least one member in Guns N' Roses who is firstly highly superfluous and secondly extremely annoying: Dizzy; the 1992 big band including Tracey, Roberta and Teddy; Paul Tobias; Pitman; DJ Ashba; this Melissa person. 

I swear we were having these same debates before, about other dramatis personae - most recently Ashba. It is almost seems a deliberate strategy to annoy a sizable segment of the fanbase whatever the present line-up.

Or in short - he's taking the piss