Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

The guy who posted the picture responded to someone if the picture was current or old and he said "juanc.llanes: @gunsnrosesfanscom es actual, solo fue una visita."

Which means, "its a current picture, it was only a visit". So it appears Slash was just checking out the place or something. 

Maybe Slash is looking for a place to record the next SMKC album. But what seems weird to me is, if you are this small time studio (which they are judging by google and FB), and you're hoping to score a big time client like that, would you really wanna post this pic with all that hashtaggery? Sure, it might get your studio some attention in the short term, but you're probably gonna just piss off Slash and he's gonna say "fuck those amateurs".

Maybe they didn't think about any of that. Maybe Slash doesn't give a fuck anyway. But with GnR clearly under radio silence, do you think he said "yeah cool- throw that pic up on Instagram if you want man".

Maybe it's like the Sweden interview- starting a buzz on social media with a little nugget from a nobody. Maybe a miracle- a single gets released this summer... I doubt it, but this seems weird.

Is that billboard still up?

From their FB about section (using google translate):

"The Mexican-American twins, Omar and Adolfo Valenzuela have become one of the most respected, recognized and creative producers duos in the Latin music industry. Together they have created and developed innovative musical movements, they are responsible for modernizing band music and introducing the 'altered' movement in the corridos genre, merging the gangster rap with the Regional Mexican music.

As part of his long and solid career in the music industry, this powerful team of prolific producers has had record labels and partnerships with Universal, Warner and Sony Music. Currently, the Valenzuela brothers have their own label, Twiins Music Group, a company dedicated to finding the best talent and producing hits. "Developing artists is our passion."

.... Having started his career as a teenager, the twins are celebrating 18 years as producers. In 2008 BMI paid them a tribute naming them "the most influential and successful producers of Mexican Regional music", while the New York Times described them as "they are for the Mexican Regional genre what Timbaland and Jermaine Dupri are for hip Hop. "This duo has produced themes for the Emmy Award-winning series, Breaking Bad, thus achieving a significant crossover of Mexican Regional music to the North American market."

So they seem to be fairly serious players, who Slash would have every chance to cross paths with. But the most compelling part my friends:

"When in their twenties they mixed for the first time rap and the regional genre for a production of The General caught the attention of several of the most recognized artists in the industry"   The General :wow:  :wow:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gnr5 said:

The guy who posted the picture responded to someone if the picture was current or old and he said "juanc.llanes: @gunsnrosesfanscom es actual, solo fue una visita."

Which means, "its a current picture, it was only a visit". So it appears Slash was just checking out the place or something. 

The picture is actually a repost and it's current but not from yesterday. It was first posted on December 23rd, 2016. I think he likes to play with the mistery by misleading people with the way he writes his captions.

2 hours ago, soon said:

When in their twenties they mixed for the first time rap and the regional genre for a production of The General caught the attention of several of the most recognized artists in the industry"   The Ge

El General is a retired rap/reggae singer from Panama. He was popular in the 90s in Latinamerica. Not related to GN'R at all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The picture is actually a repost and it's current but not from yesterday. It was first posted on December 23rd, 2016. I think he likes to play with the mistery by misleading people with the way he writes his captions.

El General is a retired rap/reggae singer from Panama. He was popular in the 90s in Latinamerica. Not related to GN'R at all.

haha!  I know.  Was so clearly a joke!  Oh my goodness...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

"Slash is in the studio! Surely this is GNR related!! New material is coming...wait for it...SOON!!!" -mygnr reaction :lol::facepalm:

most people haven't guess that. those who have have acknowledged its wishful thinking.  so this post makes no sense

3 minutes ago, soon said:

most people haven't guess that. those who have have acknowledged its wishful thinking.  so this post makes no sense

After reading what you wrote, I think I'm the only one in this conversation making sense so :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

After reading what you wrote, I think I'm the only one in this conversation making sense so :lol:

u mean you dont think what you are quoting me on makes sense?

which was:

9 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Not sure if anyone already noticed but I noticed it today, GNR changed their background on Spotify from the picture of the AFD 5 to the classic bullet logo. Not sure why, perhaps an attempt to further legitimize the current line up to the fans, and get away from the ghost of Adler and Izzy? CSI:GNR plzgo

15 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Not sure if anyone already noticed but I noticed it today, GNR changed their background on Spotify from the picture of the AFD 5 to the classic bullet logo. Not sure why, perhaps an attempt to further legitimize the current line up to the fans, and get away from the ghost of Adler and Izzy? CSI:GNR plzgo

*TV Commercial Voice Guy*

Founder Axl Rose has regrouped with Classic Members Slash and Duff and teamed up with touring musicians Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer and tag along with Instagram extraordinare with the poofy hair Melissa Reese to give you the Ultimate Guns N' Roses*

*Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler sold separately

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Or maybe they just wanted to use their logo instead of a 30 year old bandpic? :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Sure, two of the guys who made that lineup and GNR what they are can't be there due to money and ego. When in doubt, distract!