OFFICIAL "The AWESOME" OSAKA Japan 12/16 Show Thread!

djtripp20

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ben9785

The videos are great, thanks for sharing the links, "Shacklers" is very good live, my appreciation for that song grows more and more.

Mr Thal's doing very well also. His singing on "Shackler's" is nice, and the lead guitar of course, going between the fretless and the fretted neck.

Did anyone else ADORE the band jam at the start of the Axl's piano solo video? It's fucking beautiful, really groovy too, it could be developed into a great Guns N Roses song... I must start harassing band members with this video clip talling them "You gotta make a song out of this!"

This concert is just insanely good, it has made my day.

it's funny how often Axl forgets where he's at in the song (Catcher, ITW). you'd think he's had plenty of time to memorize the arrangements!!!!

he and the band sound great, though. he also looks like AXL again.

Edited by artfromtex

Did motherggoose put a lot on weight?

Don't get me wrong, he looks bad ass with his jeans vest and his glitter cap, but he looks a little chubby.

and during one song (Whole lotta rosie I think), you can see axl from the side next to the piano, he really looks like his fomer self!

He looks bad ass!

This band looks great! They have to release a DVD!!!

Edited by Laparka

Watching these for the first time. Only watched two clips so far, but surprisingly Axl sounds better than he has in a long, long time. The Canadian shows are going to f'n rock! I'm definitely getting pumped up to see Guns again. There are periods when a fan kind of loses interest, since the release of the album I just haven't been as into things as I was before. But I'm glad that's coming back for me. The band looks cool and Axl is sounding right again. Now that all that's in place, HOPEFULLY HE KEEPS THE BALL ROLLING!! If they aren't serious about taking this band to the next level in 2010/11 then it's never going to happen. Should be a fun year.

Don't get me wrong, he looks bad ass with his jeans vest and his glitter cap, but he looks a little chubby.

and during one song (Whole lotta rosie I think), you can see axl from the side next to the piano, he really looks like his fomer self!

He looks bad ass!

I like this kind of remarks. :D

:o Dj plays with a fag stuck behind the strings... B)

The band sure has their shit together, they sound and perform great...

Axl on the other hand.... he knew for a long time he had a tour to prepare for and clearly didn't. I mean it is cool he lost the dreads and has the top end of his voice in raspy awesomeness BUT I'm sorry he forgets words to songs he wrote (even with a telaprompter) he comes in on the wrong parts (prostitute), and his chest voice is so out of practice he can't even hit the notes around the high e, f,g in his natural voice, hence he goes off key alot...

I mean on the whole its pretty awesome to see the band back and axl out of stage but he could have seriously got in shape, practiced with the band, learned his own songs properly, and got his voice in proper shape..... they were paid 750000 per show on the asia tour... not chump change.. he should take things a little more seriously.

He looks bad ass!

I like this kind of remarks. :D

:o Dj plays with a fag stuck behind the strings... B)

The raw energy and performance of that was just outstanding, thank you for posting the clip.

Axl Rose is back and on the up! :fuckyou: B)

It's pretty fucking cool to see it finally happening. I was beginning to wonder when and/or if, they'd actually be touring. I truly hope that Axl's got the next album (or 2) pretty much in the bag and he drops it sometime in 2010. That would be cool. Especially if it's some real big gems that he's been sitting on. It'd be nice to see them get some major worldwide success again.

The band sure has their shit together, they sound and perform great...

Axl on the other hand.... he knew for a long time he had a tour to prepare for and clearly didn't. I mean it is cool he lost the dreads and has the top end of his voice in raspy awesomeness BUT I'm sorry he forgets words to songs he wrote (even with a telaprompter) he comes in on the wrong parts (prostitute), and his chest voice is so out of practice he can't even hit the notes around the high e, f,g in his natural voice, hence he goes off key alot...

I mean on the whole its pretty awesome to see the band back and axl out of stage but he could have seriously got in shape, practiced with the band, learned his own songs properly, and got his voice in proper shape..... they were paid 750000 per show on the asia tour... not chump change.. he should take things a little more seriously.

You guys do realize that the whole show is up for download in the download section after my request, right?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=158129

Three pages? There should be many more than that for that thread since the majority of you drooled over the bootleg set that was released, and now it's on the site and hardly anyone even said "Thanks". Shame on you.

• 2 years later...