Chinese Democracy guitar book finally released...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like this book is quite good then! I ordered my copy from Amazon today (finally) so it should be here in a couple days then I'll be able to look through. It'll be interesting just to read about what they say for each solo.

Also, for those who ask for scans, do you really think somebody is going to spend all their time scanning more than 230 pages just for you? Especially after having paid for the book. It's not going to happen - unless somebody is feeling extremely generous.

I got it too, it gets pretty detailed with effects.

For example, it says specifically you need a digitech wah pedal for shacklers

It also says who does what solo aswell wich is also cool too. Great book.

If you call "Digitech Whammy Pedal set one octave down" as detailed FX information, than you're easy to please.

As experienced players know, there is a lot more that goes into getting a sound. I was looking for FX settings, EQ's used, compression settings, delays and reverbs, any chorus's used, flangers....and some info on their settings.

I have the book, havent gone thru it much, but its bare-bones regarding information. The TABs look accurate though.

I got it too, it gets pretty detailed with effects.

For example, it says specifically you need a digitech wah pedal for shacklers

It also says who does what solo aswell wich is also cool too. Great book.

If you call "Digitech Whammy Pedal set one octave down" as detailed FX information, than you're easy to please.

As experienced players know, there is a lot more that goes into getting a sound. I was looking for FX settings, EQ's used, compression settings, delays and reverbs, any chorus's used, flangers....and some info on their settings.

I have the book, havent gone thru it much, but its bare-bones regarding information. The TABs look accurate though.

Its a tab book, not a damn dvd, that was just an example anyway. The other gnr tab books barley even have any explanation, for example on welcome to the jungle, in the intro it just says over the staff "with echo device", meanwhile in the CD book on one of Bucketheads solo, it tells you how to use Les paul style effects and gets into detail on it, I'd copy it, but I'm a little lazy. And don't try pulling that "experienced players" shit either, its tired and no one cares about some dude on the internet bragging about skills. Shit like that annoys people. Trust me I know what I'm talking about when it comes to guitars, and I'm definately "experienced", but again I'm not gonna brag. Now go unpause your Nuno Bettencourt youtube lesson.

For those asking about scans: JUST BUY THE FUCKING BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

UK price it works out than less than a pound a song! I'm sure it won't be far off everywhere else...

If you can't get it in your country and don't want to pay to import it you can get each individual track for $0.99 from guitarinstructor.com

Indeed.

I got mine the other day and the tabs seem pretty accuarate, certainly clears up a lot of misconceptions I had when learning the songs. One of the best tab books I have seen in terms of accuracy.

That being said, I paid for mine (which was less than $20 by the way) so why on earth would I spend the tedious amount of time it would take to make scans for everybody?

Just buy it. Trust me, it's worth it. Good book!

Yes - it would take forever to scan. And it would destroy the spine!

I've never seen the picture on the front before quite so close up. Is it just me or does anyone else find it disturbing that some of the fetus' have big breasts??!!! :confused::rofl-lol:

What tuning is There Was A Time in? It doesn't mention it in the book. Please help.

standard tuning. e a d g b e. same goes for madagascar aswell

Really, thank you. I was confused because there was usually a key telling you what the song was in. Shackler's and Scraped are tuned down to B, that's nasty.

Shackler's and Scraped are tuned down to B, that's nasty.

It says its in Drop D tuning(down 1 1/2 steps) but then it says the tuning is B-F#-B-E-G#-C#. Im pretty sure the first B is a typo as you would need a 7 string guitar to tune down that low, unless you want the string to feel like a loose elastic band. Im pretty sure Shacklers and Scraped are in Drop D tuning. Really nice book, pretty spot on tabs, much better then on the net....

It says its in Drop D tuning(down 1 1/2 steps) but then it says the tuning is B-F#-B-E-G#-C#. Im pretty sure the first B is a typo as you would need a 7 string guitar to tune down that low, unless you want the string to feel like a loose elastic band. Im pretty sure Shacklers and Scraped are in Drop D tuning. Really nice book, pretty spot on tabs, much better then on the net....

It does mention Drop D but as you've said it goes into an even deeper tuning. My guitar got into drop B fine and when I played a long they sounded ok enough. It's a good book, it'll take me a long time to get through it, there's so much going on. I'm glad to own it now though.

It does mention Drop D but as you've said it goes into an even deeper tuning. My guitar got into drop B fine and when I played a long they sounded ok enough. It's a good book, it'll take me a long time to get through it, there's so much going on. I'm glad to own it now though.

Guns N' Roses tunes down a half a step as a start, for everything. So when you go down half a step you're in eb which is (starting from small to big) eb Bb Gb Db Ab Eb or, d# A# F# C# G# D#.

You tune those down one full step. and you get: c# F# B E G# C#. Now tune your c# down a full step (bringing it to drop D configuration) and you get a b, or a#. It's correct, and to get that low you just need thicker strings. .52 gauge or somewhere around there.

Not a typo at all. It just refers to "Drop B" tuning, which is the equivalent of saying "Drop D down 1 1/2 Steps". They say it that way to relate it to the Standard Drop D tuning, which is where "Drop B" comes from as you start tuning down.

Edited by Paul Stanley