Chinese Democracy guitar book finally released...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i'll buy it, it would never ship to my country and i'll never learn that things!!

Are you sure you can't import it? Where are you from??

I'll refer you to part of my earlier post:

If you can't get it in your country and don't want to pay to import it you can get each individual track for $0.99 from guitarinstructor.com

Just got my book last week, haven't had alot of time to go through it. Some of the stuff I had learned from Guitar Pro files on the net are totally different in the book which is cool. I could never get BETTER to sound right before, and for the little time I spent on it now, I find its 10X better. If you play guitar and this is one of your favorite bands, I suggest you buy the book and not get shitty second hand transcriptions from the net. I know, these books are also second hand transcribed, but they are professionally done and you can tell.

Plus I wonder, how can they do this without any involvement from the band if they can get all the details about who wrote what songs, and have the proper art work etc...

The band or its management had to be involved in some capacity.

Plus I wonder, how can they do this without any involvement from the band if they can get all the details about who wrote what songs, and have the proper art work etc...

The band or its management had to be involved in some capacity.

I very much doubt the band is involved in the transcriptions at all. The info you refer to is all just lifted from the CD booklet. And it's misinterpreted at that. Example - SoD guitar solo - it's says its Robin Finck. Correct. But when the wah kicks in it says it's Bucket. Incorrect. And the lead guitar under the vocals at the end lists no particular guitar player. This part is Buckets "solo". They've obviously looked at the booklet which says "guitar solos: RF & Bucket" and assumed what is going on and got it wrong. Understandable. The guys that make these books may or may not like/ever listened to/even know who GNR are. Transcription is a day job like any other - it wont be guitar players that are totally into the given band making a book. This is pretty clear because almost all tab books I've ever seen always have common error: cases were the notes are right but they are being played on the wrong strings or in the wrong tunning. The reason being they are not into the band, watching all the DVDs/videos on youtube and generally don't have a great knowledge about the given players playing style or typical techinques/styles they may use. They just have the disc and the tools they need to transcribe.

Edited by MJG