"Let's go for my michelle"-ear mix from tokyo..who's that guy behind every song?

jip

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy Stinson is Guns n' Roses!

Seriously, by now you all should know he has a big role in the band, he's the 2nd guy in Guns.

yeah, everyone should know by now! how long has he been with us now? isn't it like 11 years? :xmasssanta:

tommy is GNR! rock1

Which one of these is Tommy?

guns_n_roses_band_wallpaper.jpg

lol, the duck in Slash's shirt

yes the whole concert is in download section, look for "destroyer"

Seriously, by now you all should know he has a big role in the band, he's the 2nd guy in Guns.

yeah, everyone should know by now! how long has he been with us now? isn't it like 11 years? :xmasssanta:

tommy is GNR! rock1

1236740759054.jpg

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

To bad you can barely hear Tommy's bass playing on Chinese, bad mixing...YOu can hear the bass on Street of Dreams, Catcher, There was a time and I.R.S

tommy is GNR! rock1

:no:

To bad you can barely hear Tommy's bass playing on Chinese, bad mixing...YOu can hear the bass on Street of Dreams, Catcher, There was a time and I.R.S

Bassists are meant to be seen and not heard. :tongue2:

"Make like a bassist and be inaudible." -Metalocalypse

[

Funniest thing I read all day.

what an awesome picture.

How does it feel to know that Tommy has been in GNR longer than Slash and Duff were? Bet it feels pretty good.

Yeah he's got a lot to show for it...even after 10 years nobody knows who the fuck he is...how does that feel?

It doesn't matter if Tommy is in GNR for 30 years,in all likelihood,he will never write anything as timeless as SCOM.

umad.jpg

Post all the cool Internet pics you want but what has Tommy done in his years in GNR that is comparable to Slash or Duff?

Well for one he's a better bassist than Duff, and his leadership has been beneficial to the band through three world tours. He was also a founding member of The Replacements, a highly influential band from the 80s.

Comparing Tommy to Slash would be unfair, since Slash is a guitarist.

somebody get this guy a helmet.

everybody should play the album on rockband with the bass, then you really get to hear tommy. its very, very good.

the TWAT bass is awesome, as is Shacklers.

Edited by Jackie Moon

everybody should play the album on rockband with the bass, then you really get to hear tommy. its very, very good.

the TWAT bass is awesome, as is Shacklers.

But only nerds with no friends play Rock Band which leads to Stinson being a bad bassist.

Right, rancy?

now that you mention it, playing rockband by yourself on bass might be the saddest thing to happen in the world this week. there should be a monument to it, the saddest event so far in 2010.

How does it feel to know that Tommy has been in GNR longer than Slash and Duff were? Bet it feels pretty good.

It doesn't matter if Tommy is in GNR for 30 years,in all likelihood,he will never write anything as timeless as SCOM.

The Replacements>SCOM.

The Replacements>SCOM.

now that is controversial.

[

what an awesome picture.

Yeah he's got a lot to show for it...even after 10 years nobody knows who the fuck he is...how does that feel?

Yeah, you know never mind that little band he did before Guns, oh man I'm forgetting the name... THE REPLACEMENTS maybe??? One of the most influential punk bands of all time maybe???

Is he the one Axl freaks out about? "STOP YELLING IN MY FUCKING EAR!!"?

I've got a feeling that'll be Tom, not Tommy. I think that's the Head Roadie's name, Axl mentions him quite a few times during the Tokyo Show on the monitor mix about getting his pack checked and stuff, I don't think he's talking about Tommy.

Back to the topic guys....I thought about that too...It may be not Stinson after all

[

what an awesome picture.

Yeah, you know never mind that little band he did before Guns, oh man I'm forgetting the name... THE REPLACEMENTS maybe??? One of the most influential punk bands of all time maybe???

Honestly? The Replacements were better than GN'R. As a huge fan of GN'R, it pains me to say that, but....Tim alone is better than either of the Illusions, and it's not even nearly their best album.

I have to wonder what Stinson would do if the Replacements ever decided to reunite. Would he leave GN'R? On one hand, I hope not, because i love him in the band. But on the other hand, I'd definitely go see the Replacements when they tour again. (Which will certainly happen at some point, since they gain more exposure and respect every year.)

Weird.

Honestly? The Replacements were better than GN'R. As a huge fan of GN'R, it pains me to say that, but....Tim alone is better than either of the Illusions, and it's not even nearly their best album.

I have to wonder what Stinson would do if the Replacements ever decided to reunite. Would he leave GN'R? On one hand, I hope not, because i love him in the band. But on the other hand, I'd definitely go see the Replacements when they tour again. (Which will certainly happen at some point, since they gain more exposure and respect every year.)

Weird.

I'd hope he'd be able to be in both bands at once. I doubt GN'R are ever going to record another album, so all he would need to do with them is tour, and if Guns do tour again, it won't be for another few years. I doubt a Replacements reunion would really conflict with Stinson being in GN'R at this point. Ten years ago? Now that would have been a problem.

jj out.

Edited by jjCardi_gnr

[

what an awesome picture.

What an awsome picture!!! Man, I miss Guns N' Roses.

Tommy has never been in GNR no matter what you pussies think, at least not the real GNR.

Please notice this google search:

Tommy Stinson: 94,300 hits :rofl-lol:

Duff McKagan: 722,000 hits :thumbsup:

This search was just for fun of course, so you can save yourself from dissing my black ass.