GnR/ Kid Rock - Could they tour together?

Chef Greg

I myself think that would be a terrible idea. Kidrock fans are largely rednecks. They are going to want to see the old gnr only. And I for one wouldn't be going to that tour. Kid was pathatic on stage with Axl in New York. ruined it for me anyway. he maybe fun to party with but that would be about it.

I myself think that would be a terrible idea. Kidrock fans are largely rednecks. They are going to want to see the old gnr only. And I for one wouldn't be going to that tour. Kid was pathatic on stage with Axl in New York. ruined it for me anyway. he maybe fun to party with but that would be about it.

I suggested this tour the other day in another thread. Kid Rock might not have been great with an impromptu performance with Axl- I was at that show but have never watched the replay on youtube. One thing is for sure, he's an awesome performer and his band sounds good live. If you haven't heard the entire Rock N' Roll Jesus album, you're missing out on what is, for the most part, a good straight-forward rock album with classic rock influence.

If Axl wants to play before Brazil-sized crowds in America, he's going to have to do something like this or outside of a couple midwestern cities, New York and Los Angeles, he wont fill a hockey/nba arena. I also believe that Kid Rock would open for Guns N' Roses. Kid Rock is respectful of legendary artists and doesnt try to upstage them. Here in Atlanta a few years ago, he stood-in for James Hetfield when he hurt himself and couldnt perform.

You've got a point about redneck fans. I saw a woman at my last Kid Rock show wearing ass-less jeans (she was huge too), but at least he has a slightly different fan base. If he had the same fans that would be at GNR anyway, then it wouldn't do him any good to have Kid Rock with him.

Finally, i made the point the other day that Kid Rock doesn't charge a lot for his tickets, so the prices wouldn't be as expensive as they would be with other big name artists.

The reason Kid doesn't charge a lot for his shows is because he doesn't put on a big production like gnr. It costs a fortune to do the stage stuff gnr does. I think they would be good acts together at festival type shows.

And I have seen the performance on video. lol This isn't the proshot but you can get the idea. Axl for one was not impressed.

And actually it isn't that he sang that bad. He just looked like an idiot too me. lol Nothing against the guy. I have 2 of his cds.

Edited by AmyL

At Download 2008 one of the biggest cheers of the day was when they announced that Kid Rock couldnt perform that day because he was ill or something. The guy is a douch and nobody in england gives a shit about him.

Haha I remember that. The announcement certainly did bring the crowd to life. Motörhead and Priest got slightly extended sets due to him having the barry whites or whatever was wrong with him that day.

At Download 2008 one of the biggest cheers of the day was when they announced that Kid Rock couldnt perform that day because he was ill or something. The guy is a douch and nobody in england gives a shit about him.

Haha I remember that. The announcement certainly did bring the crowd to life. Motörhead and Priest got slightly extended sets due to him having the barry whites or whatever was wrong with him that day.

Yeh the extended sets were ace, extra 20 mins for both acts was greatly appreciated, would have been better to get an extended KISS set though!