TMZ: Slash gear banned from GNR concert

kropotkin

Slash Gear Banned from Guns N' Roses Concert

Posted Jan 24th 2010 12:16AM by TMZ Staff

Guns N' Roses fans were forced to take sides in the legendary war between Axl Rose and Slash -- after security at a recent GNR show banned fans from wearing Slash gear inside the show.

0118_gunsroses_slash-inset_504_ex.jpg

It all went down at the GNR show in Canada last Wednesday -- concert security informed fans that they were required to turn their Slash t-shirts inside out .... and leave their top hats outside.

TMZ spoke with a member of the concert security team who confirmed the marching orders -- and told us the instructions were passed down from a producer for the band.

We're told a few fans took the high road and went home ... but most just sucked it up and did what they were told.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0dVN2JmeG'>http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0dVN2JmeG

VIEWED FROM: http://www.tmz.com/

-----------

Got this from TMZ.com ... is this true?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like this was the Regina show. No one from this or any other forum I've seen has confirmed this. Evil Ernie specifically asked a couple of security guards about this at the Edmonton show, and they both said there was no such apparel rule enforced. Sounds like it is happening sporadically. That's proof enough that it isn't GN'R's policy, as if the TMZ report that it came from a "producer" of the band, whatever the hell that means.

Ali

not confirmed by anyone except an unknown source so no it aint true

Oh, for heaven's sake. I can't believe you're still in denial.

I spoke to the security manager, and he confirmed it to me.

I'm guessing TMZ spoke to the same person. If you make the right calls and speak to the person who headed security that night, he will confirm everything in great detail.

I can't believe some of you are still trying to pretend it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Now, the question that remains - Has someone in the GNR camp stopped instructing security to do this at other shows, given the enormous negative feedback this policy got? Who knows. But, that's what we don't know at this point.

**And No - I did not tip off TMZ about this, in case anyone was wondering.

Did it happen to anyone on this forum who went to the show?

yes, several people from this forum saw this happen and posted it.

Please read through the other thread on this topic.

Wow Madison, I was not even ready to take this seriously until you stepped in ... I couldn't even believe things had sunk to this new low, which, if true, is really beyond ridiculous ... I feel the same way about the Nirvana / GNR thing, I like em both, and who cares!? Let me decide what I like and don't like! I am one of the few punk rockers who still listens and loves Twisted Sister, who cares!

And to moreblack, thanks for the info ... I have heard that TMZ is not the best source, but recently they were dead on with the Conan stuff ...

And as to why TMZ would post it? If true it would be just so idiotic that it deserves to be posted for that sake alone!

Like i mentioned in the original thread...this is true guys.

At the 06 show in Toronto I was told at the door when they opened ( i was 5th in line) no slash shirts,hats or signs. the secuirty guard even said "no this is not a joke"

so this isnt new but it is indeed accuarate.

Shit! And here I thought I'd post a funny wacky tabloid article and get a laugh out of it! Man ... !!!

Wow Madison, I was not even ready to take this seriously until you stepped in ... I couldn't even believe things had sunk to this new low, which, if true, is really beyond ridiculous ... I feel the same way about the Nirvana / GNR thing, I like em both, and who cares!? Let me decide what I like and don't like! I am one of the few punk rockers who still listens and loves Twisted Sister, who cares!

And to moreblack, thanks for the info ... I have heard that TMZ is not the best source, but recently they were dead on with the Conan stuff ...

And as to why TMZ would post it? If true it would be just so idiotic that it deserves to be posted for that sake alone!

Several members of our forum reported seeing this when it happened. At the time, I didn't believe it, and closed the thread. However, when I made calls myself to check into it, I discovered it was true, and so I reposted the thread:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=158462&st=0

So, TMZ is actually pretty late getting this news.

At the 06 show in Toronto I was told at the door when they opened ( i was 5th in line) no slash shirts,hats or signs. the secuirty guard even said "no this is not a joke"

I thought it was odd that they would go through the trouble of calling all ticket holders and inform them that no cameras were allowed and miss the opportunity to inform them not to wear Slash gear if it was really going to be an issue.

I thought it was odd that they would go through the trouble of calling all ticket holders and inform them that no cameras were allowed and miss the opportunity to inform them not to wear Slash gear if it was really going to be an issue.

Is it even legal? I mean, to be told not to wear GNR fan paraphenelia at a GNR concert ... sounds insane ...

And Madison, go ahead and merge or delete this thread, I quickly looked for anything similar but obvisouly didn't look close enough! I follow the forum almost daily but obviously miss a few things here and there, sorry for the repeat!

Do people still believe that this actually didn't happen???

Here, one of the admins at gnrevolution (Bono) went to that show and here is his comment on it:

There were people in our section talking to us who said they saw some people getting hassled at the doors who had Slash shirts on

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=156347#p156347

It may not happen in subsequent concerts since the negative reaction was noted and damage control was implemented. I doubt we will ever find out exactly where the original order came from, my guess is probably not Axl, but more likely someone from their camp/management etc being over zealous. This is not something that would have been independently initiated by the security firm. For what reason would they do this - to create more work for themselves?

Edited by williambailey01

209n034.jpg

:lol:

I <3 you.

Anyway: TMZ is almost never, ever wrong. They were the first to report (accurate) info about Conan leaving NBC. They were the first to cover the whole Michael Jackson death in detail (with accurate info). They have reported countless celebrity deaths before most major outlets and never been wrong.

Basically, like 'em or hate 'em, TMZ is almost never wrong. They do their research. They have connections. There's no reason to doubt 'em.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Anyway: TMZ is almost never, ever wrong. They were the first to report (accurate) info about Conan leaving NBC. They were the first to cover the whole Michael Jackson death in detail (with accurate info). They have reported countless celebrity deaths before most major outlets and never been wrong.

Basically, like 'em or hate 'em, TMZ is almost never wrong. They do their research. They have connections. There's no reason to doubt 'em.

Indeed that dead flower clip was brilliant ... and thanks for filling me in here about TMZ, I'll try and take them more seriously in the future, the Conan thing I have followed, but have only really gone to TMZ for Conan news very recently, so, I'm still new to them.