GNR now. The best ever?

Route66

For me anyway it's now part of the history of my fav band. Wow the recent concerts have been nothing short of stunning!

This band has blown my mind. Recently the addition of DJ for me has filled in any gaps or moans i had left over from the departed top hatted one or even Robin. GNR for me now will never die. This band is bigger than any one person (But not Uncle Axl of course) and has proved it time and again as new people come and go. My point is this..

Anyone else think this could be the best GNR live line up ever that we are witnessing right now? It's early i know but.. fuck.. it's great to be a gunner fan right now. :thumbsup: rock1

Axl i fucking salute you.

Peace!

R66

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree, this is personally my favorite line-up yet, new band or old. I know I'll get a lot of shit for saying that, but the band is just absolutely perfect right now. I wouldn't change anything. Hell, I wouldn't even boot Fortus or DJ for Izzy at this point.

I'm hoping this line-up has a lot in store for them, including some collective band writing. I can't wait to see what DJ and BBF can bring to the table in that department.

I've always loved the original band. In fact i regularly watch my old DVD's, bootlegs etc. Then i compare them to my new bootlegs, go on you tube and of course go to the shows.

I've been a fan of Guns since way back in the 80's when i was a kid.

I was totally against Slash leaving and for years thought my fav band was fucked. I dont care who's to blame for it.. i passed all that a while ago. All i care about is that they are back and i think DJ has been a big part of it. He's made more of an impact with his swagger and tone. Much like the man Slash himself but for me.. with a new edge that i fuckin like! There's also Fortus who rocks like Izzy on speed and shreds like fuck when he wants to and the virtuoso Bumble! At first i wasnt sure about 3 guitars but this for me is perfection. It was never quite right until these 3 came along for me.

Frank also. Fucking love his drummin.

Stinson. We have a lot to thank him for! Without him i think this would of come even closer to falling away to shit.

Pitman. Mother goose.. thank you for the crazy shit and sub bass that nearly blew my car speakers!

Dizweiser. Fuck Yeh!

What a line up!

nothing will ever get near the AFD line up end off!

Well for me.. AFD will always be the best album. I prefer Guns live sound now though. The best bootleg i have of the AFD lineup was playing the Ritz new york in 88. That was classic. For me now this band is Epic!

Personally couldnt care less if Slash never came back anymore and he's my favourite guitarist of all time!

Must be the best band touring at the moment, surely to god - I think Axl's rise to peak performance is indeed key.

I'll say best since 2001, no doubt - More than that might be futile at this stage, still, can the band this time around gain momentum and consistency? If so, anything's possible judging by the performance rates of the band.

Seriously no denying just how good Axl looks and sounds on this tour - Can't believe I'm going to spend another small fortune when the band hits Europe.

Must be the best band touring at the moment, surely to god - I think Axl's rise to peak performance is indeed key.

I'll say best since 2001, no doubt - More than that might be futile at this stage, still, can the band this time around gain momentum and consistency? If so, anything's possible judging by the performance rates of the band.

Seriously no denying just how good Axl looks and sounds on this tour - Can't believe I'm going to spend another small fortune when the band hits Europe.

Yeh thats what i mean Subs.

It's amazing now.. imagine what the future could hold. Potential is there for a mind blowing GNR in future. Just imagine the new songs this band will come up with given the chance!

Obviously the old lineup started the whole thing and will be forever the classic Guns lineup for me. I just think that now i can finally see a bright future after so many lineup changes and its fuckin better than i ever imagined.

i'll say this from being at the show last night

- bumblefoot is complete class, answered my fb message and threw me a pick ,just a generally cool guy and can play

- people actually sang along to the chi dem song and i heard people behind me yelling for catcher and prostitute

- frank is better then sorum and actually makes the drums on november rain sound amazing

- people were SCREAMING for DJ , bbf and fortus , they knew it wasnt the old band but they didnt care

i'll say this from being at the show last night

- bumblefoot is complete class, answered my fb message and threw me a pick ,just a generally cool guy and can play

- people actually sang along to the chi dem song and i heard people behind me yelling for catcher and prostitute

- frank is better then sorum and actually makes the drums on november rain sound amazing

- people were SCREAMING for DJ , bbf and fortus , they knew it wasnt the old band but they didnt care

You lucky fucker :thumbsup:

I saw them a few times in 2006 recently but i MUST see them now.

Agreed. Best band touring right now - by far!

As for comparing it to previous GNR lineups - well, I agree that the current lineup is the best of the "new" GNR incarnations - in other words, the best since 2001 as Subsy suggested. They look and sound good onstage, have great chemistry and seem tight as a band.

But I haven't seen this lineup live yet, and I don't think I could offer a fair opinion on how close they come to matching the original lineup until I have seen them live.

Also, in all honesty, I think it's premature for anyone to suggest the current lineup could "match" or "be better" than the original lineup in general at this point, but that's not to say it couldn't happen over time if they stay together and write songs together. Time will tell I guess.

it's great to be a gunner fan right now. :thumbsup: rock1

+ 10000000000000000000000000

This band today is so great I can't even describe with words I think.. And I haven't even been to a show. It's just something that have filled the hole. Maybe DJ joining is what we needed? All these guys together is fucking great. I mean, look at them!!!! How could they not be a kick ass band when they're having so much fun? I really hope no one leaves, and noe one comes in, because this is perfect. Please, europe now. I can't miss this band like it is now....

But again, nothing can be better than the AFD lineup. But that band is another story. It's pretty easy for me, as I look at them as two different bands. I couldn't care less about that the two of them have the same name ;)

I think if/when they hit the states, I may just bring a small sign that says "Play Estranged" lol...I will be on the rail, would be killer if they played it lol

If just everyone on here does that each show, maybe they'll play in in the end? And we just make 20, and give them to everyone in the front :thumbsup: I'll do the job here in Europe!

Pretty tough call. I think this lineup has bonded in the same way as the Izzy days lineup appeared to, but that one was so drug fueled it's hard to tell.

I'm certainly thrilled by this lineup, and I can tell you I am a fan of Slash, but Slash on tour next year with his lineup can't hold a candle to Axl and the boys today!

For me anyway it's now part of the history of my fav band. Wow the recent concerts have been nothing short of stunning!

This band has blown my mind. Recently the addition of DJ for me has filled in any gaps or moans i had left over from the departed top hatted one or even Robin. GNR for me now will never die. This band is bigger than any one person (But not Uncle Axl of course) and has proved it time and again as new people come and go. My point is this..

Anyone else think this could be the best GNR live line up ever that we are witnessing right now? It's early i know but.. fuck.. it's great to be a gunner fan right now. :thumbsup: rock1

Peace!

R66

No. Stop making stupid statements. With this incarnation, Axl will only ever gain a fraction of what he once had. The only reason they all get along is because everyone just says yes to whatever Axl wants. That makes it pretty easy to get along.

Edited by GeorgeGlass

Peace!

R66

No. Stop making stupid statements. With this incarnation, Axl will only ever gain a fraction of what he once had. The only reason they all get along is because everyone just says yes to whatever Axl wants. That makes it pretty easy to get along.

Well, that and the money