GNR now. The best ever?

Route66

lets see if this gnr line up manage to sell out wembley stadium if they go there, they have struggled with the canadian shows to sell it out so of course they aernt the best band touring right now really get a grip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 but as i have said before its definatley an improvement but that is down to axls voice returning to previous highs

Do you basic who's the best touring band right now by how many tickets they can sell? Then I guess Lady GAGA is the best band (because she need someone to play her instruments don't she? or is it only playback?). You know, if GN'R don't sell out those stadiums, it's not beacuse they're not the best touring band, it's because of people like you that can't get over the band's breakup years ago, and just enjoy great music. Not to mention the whole new generation whose doesn't even know what music is. Rant over, GN'R today is best!

good point i suppose its not just ticket sales your right mate, if you are a true fan you will remember that 1990s there were many gnr fans but now most people take the piss out of you for being a fan , how many times have i walked down the street with a gnr tshirt and someone says wheres the kfc bucket mate i have lost count, so NO this isnt even guns n roses this the axl rose band !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the day the real guns n roses died was when a man with a kfc bucket on his head walked around on stage with a legend like axl rose, every single person i knew back then took the piss out me for loving guns n roses it was embarassing,

Yes. That destroyed any of Axl's momentum of doing anything on his own. That and the other guy with the half shaved head and goth look who only took long strides on stage almost falling over in the process. And the consistent failed tours since '02. You can do that shit when you're early 90's GNR, but Axl on his own? Don't think so.

Everyone was left with the image of GNR from '91, '92, '93 and when Axl finally returns with 'GNR', it's with those two clowns? Great to see them now apparently doing good things, but time will tell and let's not forget people, since '01, this has been the AXL ROSE SHOW - nobody else matters.

Yeah, he could have hired somebody with dark skin and dressed him in a top-hat and leather jacket. :rolleyes:

Maybe you might have preferred that George (probably not, the dude still wouldn't have been Slash), but I'm glad Axl went in the polar opposite direction. Bucket had plenty of character and style (maybe too much) and not one iota of it was dependent on copying Saul Hudson.

good point i suppose its not just ticket sales your right mate, if you are a true fan you will remember that 1990s there were many gnr fans but now most people take the piss out of you for being a fan , how many times have i walked down the street with a gnr tshirt and someone says wheres the kfc bucket mate i have lost count, so NO this isnt even guns n roses this the axl rose band !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So basically you hate Axl's band because some kids beat you for wearing a GnR shirt... :confused:

NO

/thread

Everyone just looked so fucking awesome in that video.

Especially Izzy.

The thing about this version is that they made it look so effortless.

You do realise it's not a live version don't you??!

And yeah i'd say Slash could probably pull off the 8 finger death move if that was what he was interested in doing. But its plainly not.

I don't wanna rain on your parade but....I highly doubt it.

And I think it's pretty convenient to avoid discussing technical guitar playing. John Lennon wrote better songs than everybody else, but that doesn't make him a better guitarist than Slash for instance...

So basically you hate Axl's band because some kids beat you for wearing a GnR shirt... :confused:

ha ha no what i meant back in early 90s i would go to scholl and people would say jeez guns n roses are amazing but now most people just laugh when you i say i love guns roses , thats what i meant so that shows you the difference in the attitude towars the real guns n roses and the axl rose band, but as i have said it finally seems that this band will shove the piss takers rite up the ass, axl has become more credible with this group for sure just hope he dont have a spacko period and everyone leaves him because the next time even die hard axl fans will just forget about him

lets see if this gnr line up manage to sell out wembley stadium if they go there, they have struggled with the canadian shows to sell it out so of course they aernt the best band touring right now really get a grip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 but as i have said before its definatley an improvement but that is down to axls voice returning to previous highs

Do you basic who's the best touring band right now by how many tickets they can sell? Then I guess Lady GAGA is the best band (because she need someone to play her instruments don't she? or is it only playback?). You know, if GN'R don't sell out those stadiums, it's not beacuse they're not the best touring band, it's because of people like you that can't get over the band's breakup years ago, and just enjoy great music. Not to mention the whole new generation whose doesn't even know what music is. Rant over, GN'R today is best!

I'm sorry I don't remember the 1990s very well. I was born in 1990, so I have never got the chance to remember when my fave band was around. And please, why do we need to discuss this e-v-e-r-y time... I love guns like it is today, and I'm proud of it.

And yeah i'd say Slash could probably pull off the 8 finger death move if that was what he was interested in doing. But its plainly not.

And I think it's pretty convenient to avoid discussing technical guitar playing. John Lennon wrote better songs than everybody else, but that doesn't make him a better guitarist than Slash for instance...

Exactly.

For every 1 million technically gifted shredding virtuosos, there's 1 great song writer. Song writing is the most important part in music. I'll take that over anything else any day.

Edited by Nintari

But one thing is true. They're the best band touring right now. There are no bands close, who should that be? ;)

If you count quality AC/DC maybe, but the setlist is always the same. Gn'R is the best, yeah.

If you count public U2, Muse and AC/DC are the biggest right now. I don't know if Bruce Springsteen is touring, but he sells a lot too

Bruce Springsteen has been touring solo, with the E Street Band, or with the Seeger Band every year since 2003.

As for Guns N Roses this is one of the best tours I've seen in my life. The only shows that I can say have been better is a Springsteen show. His setlists change variety greatly. On his last tour alone he played over 160 different songs.

I'm sorry I don't remember the 1990s very well. I was born in 1990, so I have never got the chance to remember when my fave band was around. And please, why do we need to discuss this e-v-e-r-y time... I love guns like it is today, and I'm proud of it.

yeah youre right mate suppose your right lets all just be happy axl seems to finally have beaten his demons

ha ha no what i meant back in early 90s i would go to scholl and people would say jeez guns n roses are amazing but now most people just laugh when you i say i love guns roses , thats what i meant so that shows you the difference in the attitude towars the real guns n roses and the axl rose band, but as i have said it finally seems that this band will shove the piss takers rite up the ass, axl has become more credible with this group for sure just hope he dont have a spacko period and everyone leaves him because the next time even die hard axl fans will just forget about him

Or people are to "proud" to get over it and just listen to the music for what it is. I'll wear my gnr shirt tomorrow. Even the grey one with the red star, Chinese Democracy, god I love that album :heart:

this thread is just stupid, nothing compares to the old gnr NOTHING, im glad to see axl finally happy and pleased dj ash is good but the rest dont hold a candle to the old gnr AND also they cant play estranged u dumbasses even slash found it difficult to play so the chances of these playing it well is remote at best, but its a big improvement on the 2001-2007 performances for sure

Do you seriously think that this current band, the most technically talented of all GnR history, cant play Estranged?! They can play something as difficult as Better or Shacklers Revenge, but not Estranged which for any guitar player is 50 notches down in terms of difficulty. Okay, Slash is not that good of a guitarist. A good guitar writer sure, but as pure skill Bumble and Bucket are ages ahead Slash.

Thats complete and utter bullshit for a start. The word "Technically" gets thrown about a lot but its just a term people who know fuck all about good guitar playing use when they want to sound clever.

I'm not too sure in what you want to say. Are you saying that all those 8 finger tap sweeps are something Slash can easliy do?

*Sigh* When did an 8 finger tap sweep ever make a song sound better. Wanking off the neck does not make you a better guitarist. When your in a band it doesnt matter how many 8 finger fret sweeps :rofl-lol: you make its about what your playing brings to the song as part of the band. Sometimes less is more my friend.

So if a basketball player can't make a dunk, he's still a good basketball player because he prefers to dance around the coart when he makes a shot? I never said I didn't like Slash's playing, on the contrary I prefer it . But he isn't a good guitarist, he doesn't have the skill. He plays his own thing, and that's cool, but I doubt he can play Eruption from Van Halen, something Bumble learned when he was 12.

this thread is just stupid, nothing compares to the old gnr NOTHING, im glad to see axl finally happy and pleased dj ash is good but the rest dont hold a candle to the old gnr AND also they cant play estranged u dumbasses even slash found it difficult to play so the chances of these playing it well is remote at best, but its a big improvement on the 2001-2007 performances for sure

Do you seriously think that this current band, the most technically talented of all GnR history, cant play Estranged?! They can play something as difficult as Better or Shacklers Revenge, but not Estranged which for any guitar player is 50 notches down in terms of difficulty. Okay, Slash is not that good of a guitarist. A good guitar writer sure, but as pure skill Bumble and Bucket are ages ahead Slash.

Thats complete and utter bullshit for a start. The word "Technically" gets thrown about a lot but its just a term people who know fuck all about good guitar playing use when they want to sound clever.

I'm not too sure in what you want to say. Are you saying that all those 8 finger tap sweeps are something Slash can easliy do?

*Sigh* When did an 8 finger tap sweep ever make a song sound better. Wanking off the neck does not make you a better guitarist. When your in a band it doesnt matter how many 8 finger fret sweeps :rofl-lol: you make its about what your playing brings to the song as part of the band. Sometimes less is more my friend.

So if a basketball player can't make a dunk, he's still a good basketball player because he prefers to dance around the coart when he makes a shot? I never said I didn't like Slash's playing, on the contrary I prefer it . But he isn't a good guitarist, he doesn't have the skill. He plays his own thing, and that's cool, but I doubt he can play Eruption from Van Halen, something Bumble learned when he was 12.

i respect your opinion mate really do, but you are one of very few that has this opinion, maybe you are axl under cover

But one thing is true. They're the best band touring right now. There are no bands close, who should that be? ;)

If you count quality AC/DC maybe, but the setlist is always the same. Gn'R is the best, yeah.

If you count public U2, Muse and AC/DC are the biggest right now. I don't know if Bruce Springsteen is touring, but he sells a lot too

Bruce Springsteen has been touring solo, with the E Street Band, or with the Seeger Band every year since 2003.

As for Guns N Roses this is one of the best tours I've seen in my life. The only shows that I can say have been better is a Springsteen show. His setlists change variety greatly. On his last tour alone he played over 160 different songs.

Okay, I was maybe a bit too fast there. I'm just so excited about this band right now, god I wish everyone in the world could go see them. As for Springsteen, I know he's amazing. Saw him last summer and he was brilliant. Played a over 3 hours set, didn't want to stop. And there are lots of bands I haven't seen that maybe also are amazing(!!) these days.. I'm just thrilled by gnr's comeback :D

Or people are to "proud" to get over it and just listen to the music for what it is. I'll wear my gnr shirt tomorrow. Even the grey one with the red star, Chinese Democracy, god I love that album :heart:

You're supporting Axl's VR, nothing more. Guns N Roses officially ended when you were in kindergarten. I know that's probably part of the reason why you can easily accept this band being called Guns N Roses, but still...reality is reality.

I love CD more then I love Contraband. I love Izzy's shit and loaded was cool too. I support every member's work and enjoy it all but I'm 30 years old and remember the real thing. I watched the Ritz when I was 9, Paris when I was 12 and Freddy tribute concert live as well. That band has passed away and died.

It's cute to think you can fool yourself into thinking one of the greatest rock bands in history are alive and well, touring the planet. Hell, in some ways I envy such self induced delusions. After all, I would love nothing more then to have that band back, but that just isn't reality. Enjoy the music, enjoy the shows (I do) but please drop the whole "I'm seeing Guns N Roses live" bullshit. You're seeing Axl Rose's own version of VR.

Edited by Nintari

I bet Axl Rose still has more appreciation for Slash than you seem to. Guitar skill is almost a relative term.... because someone can play "fast" and hit crazy sweeps doesn't make them a "better" guitarist. I prefer to judge them on their body of work. And in that area, Slash has no equal.

I don't want to get down on the newer guys because I think they are fantastic too. Actually, I think they are exactly the guys the band needs to move forward. If you could magically plug Slash back into the lineup today, wouid it make the shows appreciably better? Probably not. But give the man his due.

I

Exactly.

For every 1 million technically gifted shredding virtuosos, there's 1 great song writer. Song writing is the most important part in music. I'll take that over anything else any day.

Exactly.

Song writing is the most important part in music and guitar playing is the most important part in guitar playing.

I'd appreciate if we could separate these two when we're discussing guitar playing.

It's cute to think you can fool yourself into thinking one of the greatest rock bands in history are alive and well, touring the planet. Hell, in some ways I envy such self induced delusions. After all, I would love nothing more then to have that band back, but that just isn't reality. Enjoy the music, enjoy the shows (I do) but please drop the whole "I'm seeing Guns N Roses live" bullshit. You're seeing Axl Rose's own version of VR.

It's cute that you are incapable of even conceiving that someone might like "Axl's VR" more than "TRUE GnR"...

I will discuss technical guitar playing with you for however long you want but it might get boring not least for me.

Your last point about John Lennon suggests that you understand where im coming from.

I wouldn't say that it's the best line up that's ever been...but it might very well be the best line up that could be. Even if all the original members got back together and got along there would still be factors that couldn't be replicated. It's a different time, place, the players are older and at different points in their lives. Plus there's the whole nostalgia factor of that late 80's era - and when that wore off after the initial excitement I think that most of the die-hard reunion supporters would be let-down by their own unrealistic expectations. GN'R would no longer be the most "dangerous" or biggest band in the world, and even with Slash and Matt Sorum they would not be playing to U2 or Kenny Chesney sized crowds.

It's the music that matters really anyway. Who cares if an Arena is 85% full instead of "sold out"? You're still allowed to like the band. And with Axl singing great (as well as in great spirits) and the whole band playing tight as fuck I wouldn't trade that for some unknown outcome.

You're supporting Axl's VR, nothing more. Guns N Roses officially ended when you were in kindergarten. I know that's probably part of the reason why you can easily accept this band being called Guns N Roses, but still...reality is reality.

I love CD more then I love Contraband. I love Izzy's shit and loaded was cool too. I support every member's work and enjoy it all but I'm 30 years old and remember the real thing. I watched the Ritz when I was 9, Paris when I was 12 and Freddy tribute concert live as well. That band has passed away and died.

Was that to me?? Because what you're writing is what I've tried to say the whole time. I don't understand what I've written that made you write all of that.

I wouldn't say that it's the best line up that's ever been...but it might very well be the best line up that could be. Even if all the original members got back together and got along there would still be factors that couldn't be replicated. It's a different time, place, the players are older and at different points in their lives. Plus there's the whole nostalgia factor of that late 80's era - and when that wore off after the initial excitement I think that most of the die-hard reunion supporters would be let-down by their own unrealistic expectations. GN'R would no longer be the most "dangerous" or biggest band in the world, and even with Slash and Matt Sorum they would not be playing to U2 or Kenny Chesney sized crowds.

It's the music that matters really anyway. Who cares if an Arena is 85% full instead of "sold out"? You're still allowed to like the band. And with Axl singing great (as well as in great spirits) and the whole band playing tight as fuck I wouldn't trade that for some unknown outcome.

really another one with not a clue if axl and slash got back togeva they would knock u2 out of the park they did in early 90s and would cream them now, please be factual in your posts u2 are for your dads not real rock heads

Let me put it to you like this.My favorite meal is sausages and mashed potatoe with onion gravy. Now a technically better cook than me could add some different herbs to the sausage or maybe use a different typr of onion. But Its a simple meal, dont fuck about with it, its perfect as it is. Sausage and mash doesnt need someone fannying about to make it great. Sausages and mash is what it is, just like rock n roll.