Revolver's trip to Canada

Revolver

So I noticed you guys are getting a little moody about me not posting the story right away.. must take notice of the time difference. To me I got home this morning from one hell of a ride.

But anyways, with this being a rock ‘n’ roll forum and all, I’m gonna leave out the drama and the heavy details and the before- and after-stories that are involved. –will have some of that though in the Rockstar Weekly thing

Except maybe the fact that Ron Bumblefoot Thal calls me up when my original plan was to camp out in a tent in Canada (how he got my number is a part of the heavy details) and tells me I can absolutely NOT camp out in the snow and encouraged me to contact people on MyGNR. We talked on the phone for about 20 minutes but not gonna post about that.. although I have mentioned it in one post at some point but that thread turned into a “yeah, Bumble’s mowing my lawn right now”-kinda thread lol.

(I HIGHLIGHTED THE DAY OF BACKSTAGE SINCE THAT’S PROBABLY THE ONLY THING YOU GUYS WANNA READ ABOUT)

DAY 1: Sunday 24th Jan.

I get to Canada after a long, yes, very long interrogation by immigration at the airport (they somehow didn’t buy the idea that I was travelling from Iceland to Canada for a rock show… apparently he hasn’t read GN’R’s reviews).

So at the airport Montrealer (moderator over at MyGNR Forum) awaits me worried that I had missed my flight since the immigration song took so long (I had these guys worrying a lot throughout the trip hahah-sorry about that)

He’s such a cool guy and he drove me all around Montreal and we got a beer together and it was all very great and then he dropped me off at the bus station where I had to wait for like an hour and a half so I was walking around being approached by various drug-dealers seeing how I didn’t look like I knew where I was and with only my gym-bag by hand.

The rest of the night I spent on the bus to Toronto.. at least trying to fall asleep.

DAY2: Monday 25th Jan.

Spent 6 hours in Toronto from 6am to 12pm. I just walked around, took some pictures and a video as I did an honest attempt to run across this ice-hockey field but oh, how I slipped.

I then took a train to London where I met with MyGNR Forum members Gunsguy and his wife, JungleCat, and Eric (administrator of the Forum). These guys along with Montrealer and Sweet_Tooth (and his friends) made my fucking trip, my year, my life! Am forever thankful to you guys!

So anyways, we hung out and I got to stay at JungleCat’s apartment. We all met up again and have a few beers with more people from the forum such as Drakestar. And Eric got us all some nachos and it was just great. JungleCat and I got into John Labbat’s center for my first GNR show ever when Bach was doing his set. The show fucking BLEW me away!! We were by the barricade to the left but I’m not gonna turn this into a review though so we went back to her place and just chatted the night away after meeting up with Eric and mr. and mrs. Gunsguy for some time.

DAY3: Tuesday 26th Jan.

Missed my train to Brantford but got the next one like 2 hours later.

I get to Brantford where Sweet_Tooth picks me up at the station. I meet up with his friends and they’re all great! What is this?! Are ALL Canadians great fucking people? What the hell am I doing here for?!

So yeah, we had a blast, even though I got Gunsguy so worried because I texted him “Hangin’ out in Brantford and feelin weird” (meaning weird after seeing Guns N’ Roses) and that’s when my phone’s batteries die. JungleCat lent me another phone in case this one would run out of batteris as he did, but I wanted to save those batteries and didn’t turn it on. Had no idea Gunsguy and the guys would get so worried –sorry about that!

So anyways, we hung out in Brantford, I had a smoke that made me so fuckin’ paranoid that I had to sleep it off lol! But after I’d done that we drank and headed out for awhile, it was great!

DAY4: Wednesday 27th Jan.

Low point of the trip is the train ride from Brantford to Montreal. In previous train rides I had always met some cool people to talk to, but this time around the only person I spoke to was that guy taking my trash.. for 8 hours straight!

But when I got to Montreal I met with JungleCat again and her friend. We had something to eat and then headed out to meet with Eric, Gunsguy, Montrealer and more at the pre-show GT.

At this show I had seats. Very close to the stage though and a fantastic view! You all read the Montreal show-thread, right? The energy in Bell Centre that night could’ve easily paralyzed people walking by.

After the show we headed backstage to this room where there was free beer but people seemed to be crammed into it. Bumble, Richard and Chris came into the room to say ‘hello’ and I chatted with Bumble a bit since we had spoken on the phone and through email before and he was really loving the fact that I was finally there.

Then we headed out to the ‘real’ backstage where there was free alcohol and free food, a big-ass TV!, comfy couches and the girls.. man, those girls! What the fuck was that!? They were insanely hot!!

I was talking to Sebastian Bach and I was telling him a story from when Skid Row came to Iceland and he was loving the fact that I got up on stage (Skid Row’s that is) and asked the singer what his name was when he handed me the microphone to sing the chorus to ‘Youth Gone Wild’.

He started telling me a story from his Skid Row days but we were both interrupted by the girl that walked past us.. Bach yelled out “what the fuck man?! Did you just see that?!!?”.

So I met the rest of the band there (save for Axl---yet) and they were all so nice. Talked to Bumble some more, he’s always a great guy and the rest was just as great. It was weird considering I had put these guys on a higher pedestal ever since they joined GN’R but meeting them made me realize how ridiculous that was cuz they were all these down-to-earth, genuinely great people.

And Beta! What the fuck is wrong with people on this forum making it sound like she’s evil and she’s brainwashing Axl.. seriously, what the hell?! People on here made me kinda nervous meeting her but she’s the nicest person in the WORLD!! SERIOUSLY! I just wanted to buy her a present for mother’s day or something!

So anyways, as people started leaving we were taken to yet another room where I heard Axl talking, it was intense. We met with him and I shook his hand and introduced me as Eli from Iceland and he was like “oh yeah, you’re the one from Iceland” and he even said “yeah man, I know who he is” later on when Bumble came in and re-introduced me.

Axl was telling these stories.. it was very surreal and he was talking about how he had just read the negative things being said

***I retracted the part where I mentioned about Slash outfits. I did specify originally that my memory ain’t perfect when writing my original post, would have better on my part to leave that part out so that what I write is not taken out of context by some people.****

He talked some more and we had loads of fun afterwards and Beta hugged me saying “I’m so glad you’ve had fun” –Again, people shut the fuck up about Axl’s family, they could not be nicer!

DAY5: Thursday 28th Jan.

a looong way home. Got here (in Icelandic time) around 7am Friday morning and went straight from the airport to take an exam at school.. didn’t go as well as it could have but I just saw and met Guns N’ Roses so…

/Eli Kofo

Edited by Revolver

Thanks for sharing your story - - what a great experience!

GNR fans united - haha!! It's neat to hear about how everyone helped look out for you (and eachother, I know) - GNR fans are THE BEST!! :heart:

It was great meeting you in London!

edit: fixing grammar

Edited by innocuous1

... He should have came out and said all this publicly.

Agreed. If he had come out right away and said that he believes fans should be able to wear whatever they wish, this would have ended the entire discussion. But he didn't.

And I have to say that it saddens me that Axl thinks the sources are "fake." The security manager is very real and I have his name and phone number if he's interested in following up. Also, our forum members who witnessed this firsthand had no reason to lie. Axl can talk to them as well if he doubts they exist.

Revolver - glad you had a great time. :)

Agreed. If he had come out right away and said that he believes fans should be able to wear whatever they wish, this would have ended the entire discussion. But he didn't.

And I have to say that it saddens me that Axl thinks the sources are "fake." The security manager is very real and I have his name and phone number if he's interested in following up. Also, our forum members who witnessed this firsthand had no reason to lie. Axl can talk to them as well if he doubts they exist.

But he did come out pretty early on, through Fernando, and refute the story. But for some reason that is not accepted. No we didn't hear it from Axl himself, but you didn't hear from Axl himself either and still communicated that it was fact.

Revolver, it sounds like you had the time of your life! Much like the experience I dream of... haha

Madison, I don't wanna get in a whole new discussion about this, but can we agree on the "Slash shirt" issue not being Axl's personal request? Sure, I agree with you that the whole thing would have been solved by him going out with this publicly, but I'm not sure he sees this as much of a problem as we do.... (since he knows the truth). He has the history of knowing all things going on behind the scene not choosing going out with it in public..

Revolver, I'm so thrilled to read your story, it's every fan's dream to have what you've had, meet the band, have fun with them, talk to Axl! I'm so jealous of you! Congrats!!

Waiting anxiously for the magazine article now, when does it come out?

And man, nevermind those people trying to stir shit up in your joy-sharing thread. We're happy for you and glad that you could see the side o GnR that most people don't see. Thanks for sharing!!

Great story Revolver! Was glad to live part it with you! You are a very cool guy to party with! Everyone appreciated your presence. I'm sure this was like a dream come true for you!

The Montreal after party was the best! We all had so much fun together there!

I agree with everything you said about Axl's close entourage being so nice, because they are.

Thanks everyone for being on topic and not derail Revolver's Canada Trip thread over the fake Slash thing, wich is yesterday's rumoured news anyway. So I ask everyone, including all admins, to keep that for the corresponding thread.

By the way, could see you on the Floor, and I have to say, I think you were the one who jumped up and down the most. And with the voice you had after the concert, you probably was the one who screamed most too! (right after Axl that is, but contrary to you his voice pas perfect after the concert). Hehe.

I could see you you were having a great time, just like all of us!

Eric (admin)