Moncton Motherfuckers!!!

Jackie Moon

how was the reaction to the new songs? did u hear anyone talk shit about axls looks?

New songs were well recieved, SR especially. Heard people mention Madagascar before the show and as I said there was a twat chant. Sod

got a big cheer. Better had the whole arena dancin too. People were diggin the breakdown. Saw lots of 15-19 year old kids

going wild for that.

No Rickey/Julien but bubbles was rockin the spacesuit again.

Edited by Jackie Moon

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how was the reaction to the new songs? did u hear anyone talk shit about axls looks?

New songs were well recieved, SR especially. Heard people mention Madagascar before the show and as I said there was a twat chant. Sod

got a big cheer. Better had the whole arena dancin too. People were diggin the breakdown. Saw lots of 15-19 year old kids

going wild for that.

Thanks Jackie. I'll bet Halifax is going to be awesome as the last city on this leg of the tour.

going wild for that.

Thanks for all the updates Jackie, you've got me jazzed up for tonight big time! You going to Bubbles after?

I'm a little bummed out with the setlist as the tour winds down. I doubt that I'll hear anything like "There Was a Time" or "Catcher in the Rye" tonight. But what I'm really bothered by is they didn't even play "This I Love" last night. I like Bubbles and all, but if bringing him out on stage means they cut a song like that from their set...

going wild for that.

Our TWAT chant worked in Hamilton. Hope you get some TWAT in Halifax, you deserve it! ;)

Setlist wise, seems like a fairly boring show, nothing too cool except Rosie and My Michelle.

Edited by Powerage5

... I like Bubbles and all, but if bringing him out on stage means they cut a song like that from their set...

As I've mentioned countless times - I have no idea why he keeps dragging out this odd little fellow onto the stage. And I agree, if this is now preventing the band from doing a key song like TIL, then it's time to send Bubbles home.

... I like Bubbles and all, but if bringing him out on stage means they cut a song like that from their set...

As I've mentioned countless times - I have no idea why he keeps dragging out this odd little fellow onto the stage. And I agree, if this is now preventing the band from doing a key song like TIL, then it's time to send Bubbles home.

It's all about loyalty with Axl, hence Baz, Bubbles, etc.

It's all about loyalty with Axl, hence Baz, Bubbles, etc.

I doubt it's all about loyalty now; if it was, don't you think Baz would have done My Michelle every night of the tour, not just the last 3? I think they're still deciding what to play night-to-night, and obviously, some nights making poor choices.

bumblefoot

On Thursday 4th February 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Fun show in Moncton tonight! On the bus to Halifax, last bus ride of the Canadian tour. It's been one good time after another with the band, crew, friends, family, and of course all of you - the audience at the shows - it's a blessing to be with you all. Tomorrow night in Halifax, last show, gonna be a damn good one...

You guys have to understand that there is a cult like following of Bubbles here in Canada. He may not be that big of a deal everywhere else but in Canada if you like the TPB's, Bubbles is the sh*t. Also, he is playing a character from the show, he is not that odd in real life... the glasses aren't real and he talks normally when not playing the Bubbles character. I also think that he is a friend of Axls and the band, so why not have him on stage? Baz is always there opening? I don't see what the big deal is... :blink: Thanks for the updates Jackie and Gunsguy! Sounds like you had a blast!

Edited by sweet child 76

HALIFAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX tonight mother fuckers

Bubbles will probably play on every song tonight considering he lives in Halifax and that TPB's was pretty much 99% shot in Halifax, should be a gong show tonight in Halifax

bumblefoot

On Thursday 4th February 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Fun show in Moncton tonight! On the bus to Halifax, last bus ride of the Canadian tour. It's been one good time after another with the band, crew, friends, family, and of course all of you - the audience at the shows - it's a blessing to be with you all. Tomorrow night in Halifax, last show, gonna be a damn good one...

Great Canadian tour. 13 shows in a country with what just over 30 million people...incredible. Could have been 14 if Vancouver was played but what the hell...Respect to GNR, Canada and their fans.

You guys have to understand that there is a cult like following of Bubbles here in Canada. He may not be that big of a deal everywhere else but in Canada if you like the TPB's, Bubbles is the sh*t. Also, he is playing a character from the show, he is not that odd in real life... the glasses aren't real and he talks normally when not playing the Bubbles character. I also think that he is a friend of Axls and the band, so why not have him on stage? Baz is always there opening? I don't see what the big deal is... :blink: Thanks for the updates Jackie and Gunsguy! Sounds like you had a blast!

The big deal is the vast majority of the fans around the world don't know the show, the Bubbles character, and have no idea who the guy is. Ok that he's a friend of Axl, but Axl has tons of friends. There's got to be a good reason to invite one of them to share the stage with Guns. No offense at all to Bubbles, but his thing is not funny at all for (most of) us. If you guys in Canada like it so much that you're happy that Axl drops a GnR song from the setlist to have him, it's your opinion. But we don't like the idea of Axl getting too hyped about it and deciding to take the guy on his entourage around the world, to show up at every concert. We don't want him stealing a spot from the setlist, he's not in the band.

IMO, any artist that may be musically relevant to the fans or who is somehow related to the history of Guns is OK to have on board even for the whole tour. An artist that's known only in his country and has no relevance in GnR is not OK. There's the opening spot for that. Baz makes a lot more sense to have on board because he's a worldwide known artist by himself. Yet Axl only lets he go on stage with him to do a GnR song, which doesn't harm the fans or steals a spot.

I defend the same for the GnR concerts here in Brazil. I'm so totally against the idea of Axl bringing Carnival dancers and a Samba band on stage like he did in RiR3. Most rock fans around here hate Samba, it's not something you can come up with thinking "We're in Brazil, it's all about Samba, let's have a Samba band to play at our show and the Brazilians will go crazy, they'll appreciate that we understand their culture". Really, our culture is not made of Samba and I don't want Guns to give a spot for that.

If you guys in Canada are OK that Guns gives a spot to something of your culture, it's fine with me. But I don't want this to happen with the concert I'm attending. I'm going there to see Guns N' Roses, a foreign band, a fucking different thing, and not to see something of my own culture, to which I'm familiar already.

So that's the whole big deal of it.

Edited by Helen Luna